For AstroFlux related discussion
#76947 by DamingFlicks Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:49 pm
I have been perma-banned after a couple hours of play with no warning, explanation, or indication of any recourse.

How may I appeal this? What was the reason for my ban, so that I may avoid making the same mistake in the future?
#76948 by Malfunction Junction Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:33 am
...What was your name?

Also, I hope this isn't another one of those ban stories where someone actually did something bad yet said they didn't.

My account name is God, contact me via the game if you need to for some reason.
#76949 by DamingFlicks Sat Apr 13, 2019 2:09 pm
My name was DamingFlicks. I really hadnt done anything. Dont even think I used chat at all - was just learning the ropes, flying around doing missions in the starting sector.
#76951 by Malfunction Junction Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:17 am
Hmm, is.. anyone else unable to log on right now? I'm now stuck at a loading screen.

My account name is God, contact me via the game if you need to for some reason.
#76952 by BrianN Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:03 pm

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” -Edmund Burke
#76953 by DamingFlicks Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:36 am
Im not sure if youre memeing or if youre really trying to imply I should understand what led to my circumstances..?

...but as it stands moving on sounds like my best option. Ive spent days trying to play the game and no more than a couple hours actually playing. Yet here I am, no closer to any revelation. It seems like Im predestined to walk away from this game.
#76956 by BrianN Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:26 pm
Im just sick of saying the same things year after year and have decided to put some humor into it...

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” -Edmund Burke
#76957 by porridgehead Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:54 pm
While I don't know the actual reason, if I had to hazard a guess, it might be something to do with your user name.

I usually am wrong about any given subject though.
#76960 by Myorum Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:30 am
Well, this time you were right @Porridge.

@Daming
The reason you were banned was your username.
First you tried "FlamingDicks", which is obviously forbidden.
Then you switched 3 letters and because the intended meaning is still recognizable, you were banned again.
I can ask traf to unban you, so you can change your username to be allowed to play again.
Or you just make a new account, because switching the name costs 100 flux.
Either way, that name is not acceptable, so please tell me to what I shall change your forum name.

That which we call a rose would smell as sweet by any other name.