Ask and answer questions about AstroFlux.
#76820 by bolbi Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:17 am
Basically devs have lives and mouths to feed, honestly the updates have been very slow for longer than 2 years. To put it simply while the devs would love to continue working on the game, they simply don't have the time, and the game itself doesn't produce enough revenue to feed their 4 families on. It may not seem like it, but for them and the amount of coding they have to do to work on the game is not something they can just put in an hour here and there whenever they want. It takes a good amount of time just remembering where they left off, then reaquiantencing themselves with the code after even just a week's break (let alone a month's or year's break) isn't something where they can just snap their fingers and remember; where they put this functionality's coding and how it is setup, or what other code is linked to this or that parameter, I think you can get the idea. Also it isn't like they have completely abandoned the game, last year we definitely had some minor bug fixes, even though they didn't exactly say anything about what it was, we have general ideas after searching a bit. There were also the Kong update to accomedate new security measures and the european privacy policy thingy a few months back. Both of which to my knowledge they responded to having to do something fairly timely. I hope that answers your question or at least may clear up a bit of the unkown for most.