All AstroFlux related contests go here
#76234 by traf Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:48 am
Congratulations to I_Am_Jarvis on winning my Guided Ship Design Contest! His account has been credited with 500 flux, as promised in the original contest thread!

The Winning Entry:
Guided Ship Design 2.PNG
Guided Ship Design 2.PNG (4.75 KiB) Viewed 372 times

Rationale:
To be honest, his design was the only entry that used the entire sprite, looked good, and was still astroflux-y enough that I could see someone driving the thing around in-game. While using the whole sprite wasn't a requirement (given the fact that my instructions were "Turn this shape into a ship!"), posting a picture of a blob and hoping to win wasn't exactly realistic :roll:.

And now it's time to answer the obvious question. "traf, it's 07/28/18. You made this contest on 11/30/16. Why'd you end the contest so late?"

The person I had decided was going to win said in his post that if any of his entries won, the flux should be split among the other contestants due to him leaving the forum forever later that week. This scuttled my plans, and I really wasn't sure what to do. So . . . I did nothing. Oops :oops:

On 04/18/18, I found I_Am_Jarvis on discord and thanked him for his entry, explaining that his entry would have won had he been around to accept it. I also mentioned that should he want the flux, to just let me know. Then on 07/25/18, Jarvis won a Noxium C8 from a pod and messaged me in order to redeem the prize. Finally, I was able to figure out superrewards enough for me to purchase the prize for him today, 07/28/18.

So what's next? Am I going to make a new contest thread for fleshing out the design of the ship? Probably not, since I already have a good idea of what I'd be looking for. If I have tons of spare time and I can figure out how to use photoshop, I might make an image or two :D

Please feel free to private message me!

"Do not rebuke mockers or they will hate you; rebuke the wise and they will love you."

“Don't write so that you can be understood, write so that you can't be misunderstood.”
― William Howard Taft
#76236 by traf Sun Jul 29, 2018 5:11 am
I'm not awesome at paint.net, but it'd definitely look something like this :D
Attachments
New Ship.png
New Ship.png (17.38 KiB) Viewed 367 times

Please feel free to private message me!

"Do not rebuke mockers or they will hate you; rebuke the wise and they will love you."

“Don't write so that you can be understood, write so that you can't be misunderstood.”
― William Howard Taft
#76237 by NinjaKaleSplat Sun Jul 29, 2018 5:14 am
Congratulations Jarvis!

It's too bad that the community couldn't stick around for this long...

Also, that looks pretty good with the red chrono.