For AstroFlux related discussion
#76059 by OverPowered Thu May 10, 2018 8:43 pm
Hello everyone, im OverPowered. I am pretty new to astroflux but my friend is an old timer, i realize that astroflux is dead. my friend says it never use to be this empty. It's such a good game i wish it was more active. I think this is what you need,

1. 150 free flux as a welcome back reward if the user has been gone for more then 3 months. So like an account has been inactive for more then 3 months when they log on again after 3 months they get a 150 flux reward for logging on again.

2. A big welcome back update, add some new stuff, decorate the maps kinda party like, and just name it the "WE ARE BACK CELEBRATION!" because a lot of people left because the devs wouldn't communicate with anyone, and the game wasn't being updated enough.

3. You need some promotion, i can get at least 300 new players if not more. Also try to get some ads on google or something and lets get this game running!

I cant wait for this game to come back to life and i am willing to help in any way possible.

OverPowered
#76062 by BrianN Thu May 10, 2018 11:15 pm
Different strokes for different folks...the fact is that im too old and my reactions too dulled to play starcraft competitively like I used to...this was a good game where strategy and setup actually made a difference.

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” -Edmund Burke
#76063 by OverPowered Fri May 11, 2018 12:14 am
Yeh, but that's the problem, When the older people leave the younger and newer generation are suppose to come in and keep the game alive. Well we aren't getting any new players, this is the problem.
#76064 by Syst185X Fri May 11, 2018 12:23 am
I'm not against this. I'd love to be able to get back into this game.

Rawr

AMAZING

The empire may have fell, but one day...it'll come back stronger then ever.

5/27/2017

Feel free to contact me via messages. I'm mostly inactive though, maybe I'll return one day.
#76065 by OverPowered Fri May 11, 2018 1:39 am
i know right, well i need all the support i can get, we need to get these devs working again. If these devs are too busy with their families then they should get some new more active devs.
#76068 by doginh Fri May 11, 2018 6:51 pm
We all want new systems and goddies to be released, this is the best way to make people back
though it looks like game owner do not have resources/plans/time to develop this game, reasons could be different.

Flash technology is not popular like it was back in 2012, it's much harder to found somebody who can work on this game in any case, source code of this game is complicated and this work for senior developer and here we are talking of high salaries.

I would suggest you to try to create your own game and you will see how many efforts(blood, sweat)/time/money it will take,
if you fail (most likely) it will be great experience, though if you will succeed it might be a new better version of Astroflux which will be your income.

http://www.html5gamedevs.com/topic/1480 ... ine-games/
or better Unity/Unreal so you can port games to other platforms

It's a good time to move game like Astroflux to the new game engines
#76075 by Nightsky Sat May 12, 2018 9:58 am
MMO's are created, they live through a golden time, they slowly lose players and fans and then they eventually die. You can't prevent that and you won't be a savior either. I've also recommended this game to a lot of players and I've also posted a link to Astroflux a while ago onto one of my discord servers, It was like what? 3 people out of 1800 who actually checked it out? No matter what you do you will just drive yourself against a wall. Games that actually want to revive themselves take action. A good example being Aion.

Sure, maybe Astroflux will impress with another update sooner or later which will remain interesting for roughly a month or two, after that we will face the same problem as before waiting a long time for new content. As long as the Developers go this path of introducing updates only every once in a while they won't keep this game alive.

No, that is not negativity speaking, it's just the truth.

#76092 by BrianN Wed May 16, 2018 5:50 am
Its fine to want to save a game as well designed as AF...its just beyond saving unless the devs do a 180 on their outlook of this game. My guess? Life got in the way...its too bad, this really is the best designed flash game ive ever seen; and it had a great heydey and I honestly hope the devs made some money off of it, the fuel for the sun that was AF has been exhausted, and now its dying the slow death our own sun will someday suffer.

I do sincerely hope people keep in touch however...AF helped me get through a particularly tough time in my life (12 year long career derailed by injury, subsequent yearlong unemployment) and I thoroughly enjoyed it and learned more of the human condition of it. It helped further hone my BS meter. If i were to do a typical farewell I would miss oh so many people...obviously number one for me is Val, he helped turn an introverted lvl40 pve'r into a pvp force (not saying a huge one) in the nem/depraved war.
Ill still play from time to time but my own life (fixing up new house and job) takes me in another direction. I dont want to further dilute the pool here, but I am currently playing Illyriad https://elgea.illyriad.co.uk/ as its something I can do at work (can be dropped for a minute when work happens).
I wish nothing but the best for 95% of you, hope 4% of you grow up, and can only imagine the trouble 1% of you will get into in the real world.

Peace, love, and fight for justice.

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” -Edmund Burke
#76094 by McPwny Thu May 17, 2018 12:47 am
i dont know if you guys missed a memo or something but flash goes down in 2020. aside from that this game was cobbled together by a four dev crew what nine years ago already? i mean dont freak out but tons of mmos are about to die this one especially. they do though, make efforts to keep it up and running until that happens so enjoy what you have while you can and when you get sick of it, you get sick of it.

[PURPLE!]
#76098 by Bellatrix Thu May 17, 2018 9:05 am
McPwny wrote:i dont know if you guys missed a memo or something but flash goes down in 2020. aside from that this game was cobbled together by a four dev crew what nine years ago already? i mean dont freak out but tons of mmos are about to die this one especially. they do though, make efforts to keep it up and running until that happens so enjoy what you have while you can and when you get sick of it, you get sick of it.

:)

Bellatrix, the shining star of Astroflux
#76101 by Magnesium Fri May 18, 2018 11:18 am
For some reason, I don’t think the devs have abandoned this game. The devs couldn’t just leave so quickly and not tell anyone. Currently I have 2 predictions for what the devs might be doing

1)Working on transferring the game to a different platform instead of staying on Adobe Flash because the Flash death is coming soon

2)Working on a huge project that takes tons of time and might introduce more monsters, galaxies, missions, and ships.
#76102 by BrianN Fri May 18, 2018 1:29 pm
The YUGE project they are working on is life.

#76115 by GuestNINJAS Tue May 22, 2018 9:45 pm
I can relate to something..

Throwing updates once in a while won't keep the game alive.. TRUE.

Disappearing all of a sudden.. That's something I never understood. Why?

But now the theory that the game is dying is becoming a fact.

2019 approaching at a very fast rate. Players making rants, losing hope fast (Was my case, reason I gave up)

If the game suddenly dissapears and we are not able to talk to eachother.. go on the astroflux discord.. we could all find a good ol' game to pass time with.

I loved the summer of 2015.

Sad fact : I was quite often in-game.. Making dramas, showing up in chat a lot! Laughing.. raging... pvp'ing..

Yet almost no one remembers who I was. Pay respects. Press F.

Go to the Astroflux discord befoee this forum and the game gets deleted.