For general non AstroFlux related chitchat
#76061 by BrianN Thu May 10, 2018 11:14 pm
Awesome...thanks for the read!
I can understand the mother saying "WTF im getting sued for this?"...but the fact that the kid is still doing it and flaunting it shows that they just don't get it. Its like in politics, everything is fine as long as they are on "your" team.
Back in the early days of the internet (early 90s) my brother (teenage at the time) sent some email (the contents were never disclosed to me) to his friend, and soon after the cops showed up (this was again, long before such thing would have been close to normal)...well, my brother and mother were mortified and it never happened again...lesson learned.
That doesn't seem to be happening here; and you just gotta wonder about the parents. Its like, the next time your kid breaks a rule, you cant yell at him cuz cheating is fine. Act like a donkey and ruin others' experience? That's fine, its my kid.
Its kind of like all the people on here that for years cheated...mostly harmless, but you would hope that their parents would use it as a teaching moment.
Closest thing I ever came to cheating was on the original StarCraft, when I would from time to time pull the plug to get a disconnect instead of a loss...on their ladder system doing this would even sometimes have the game not get counted. I felt sleazy when I did it, but was largely proud of my record on that account (187-2-12 btw...as Protoss on Bridge too Near...had zealot rush down to an artform...and several of those discs were actual discs).
Basically its all about the 'monkey in the mirror' thing...lots of people (especially kids, which is why a lot of the anti-derp alliance were older players, life in the real world teaches you to put yourselves in the position of others) don't give a poop about their fellow man, then got all pissy when we leveled the playing field.
This ties into politics in the way that the SJW and the Alt-Right trolls are basically the same thing. People who don't know how to deal with facts...just that one side turns that into trying to control others disrupting other people (like I like to say "intolerance of intolerance is intolerance") and the other side needs to 'trigger' these people in order to make themselves feel good. Both sides are snowflakes unable to deal with the fact that they aren't the special beings their parents told them they are and try to overcome these deficits by making others miserable. There are/were plenty of pilots on AF better than me (like, most of the vets), and I was fine with that...if you cant be fine with being ok, your life will suck.
Oh well, what a wandering diatribe...basically, hi to anyone still checking in on this, I hope some of you kids have done some growing up, and its sad that AF had to die off.

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” -Edmund Burke