Suggestions for features or improvements
#75519 by GeBorn1234 Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:31 pm
I recentrly came up with a new PvP mode idea:
There are two teams,red and blue (pirates and police).
Each team owns a planet and has to defend it at all costs.Behind the planet there are 3 stations:
Upgrade station,Weapon Factory and Hangar. You start the game on a Astro Falcon if you are on the Police side or on a P1 Patrol if you are on the Pirate side. You only have a blaster installed on your ship and you have to buy weapons from the Weapon Factory.The Weapon factory starts with 8 weapons:Acid blaster,locust hatchery,Particle gun,Plankton Siphon Gland,Beamer,Energy nova,Mine launcher and Piercing gun. You can obtain more weapons if you capture the neutral Weapon Factory which will add to your WF 8 more weapons:LWG,Aureus beam,prismatic crystal,Teleport device,X27-S Smart gun,EF,Nexar Projector and Shadow flames. All the weapons bought will start from lvl 1 and you will need to upgrade them in your team's Upgrade Station. Once you lose control of the station,you will no longer be able to buy these weapons and you will have to recapture it.
The map is divided into five lanes;three of them have defensive turrets to protect their team's planet.
There are 2 neutral stations,a Hangar and an Weapon Factory. You have to destroy the neutral spawner gaurding the neutral stations,in order to gain control of them. Your team can capture the neutral Weapon factory to gain access to better weapons which are delivered to your team's Weapon factory. If your team captures the neutral Hangar,you will gain access to more advanced ships based on your team's side. (You will gain access to Police Pursuit B1 if you are on the Police side or P1 Pirate if you are on the Pirate side. All the weapons you have bought on your previous ship will be transfermed to your current ship)
In order to buy or upgrade weapons,you need Team Points. Team Points can be obtained by killing hostile players,destroying turrets or hostile NPCs. If you capture a station,your team will gain some TP every 10 seconds for as long as you control the station. You don't spend TP in order to buy or upgrade a weapon;You simply need to reach the needed amount of BT (just like the smart guns).
The first allied defensive turret spawns 2 ships(police pursuit P1 or P1 Pirate). The second one spawns 3 ships(police pursuit P1 or P1 Pirate). The third one spawns 4 ships(police pursuit P1 or P1 Pirate). The planet's defensive turret spawns 5 ships(police pursuit P1 or P1 Pirate).
The 2nd, the 3rd and the planet turret will not be able to spawn any ships and will have the hardened shield ability,until their front turret is destroyed. For example,the 2nd turret will leave its hardened shield status,when the 1st turret is destroyed (This only counts,if they are in the same lane)
You have to destroy the enemy's turrets and land on their planet in order to win the match.
You lose if the enemy manages to land on your planet.
Note:You won't keep the weapons,the ships and the upgrades;They will last for as long as you play the match.
And this is the map:
0123456789.bmp
blue circles:Police defensive turrets
red circles:Pirates defensive turrets
green circles:Planets
red lines:death lines
grey boxes:stations
white circles:neutral spawners

0123456789.bmp (206.3 KiB) Viewed 656 times

Okay,so that's it! I hope you will like it and let me know if I made any errors :D :D :lol: :mrgreen:
Oh and any ideas or improvements are much welcomed :P :P :)
#75521 by I_Am_Jarvis Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:44 pm
The map looks like a Dom version of LoL and the concept sounds like a few other games I've seen... But I seriously doubt this would ever be implemented, as the mechanics required for this would be just too high of maintenance, Also, I already had an idea for a sort of clan base battle sort of thing, which I had put in my "My Idea Compilation" thread here: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=10792

I'm not saying it's a bad idea, of course, but it just seems really complex and really high maintenance. Not only that, but I doubt it'd last unless it were to, maybe, replace the PvP matches we already have? I don't know, this just seems like one of those things that we can imagine being a thing, but that thing never really happening.

Many a day, I go through mental debates:
Is there any exception to the 3-Ates?
"Tolerate, Compensate, Mediate."
Alas there is none, they are so great.
Perhaps you can try, but only your best.
For every time, these shall pass the test.
-E. Jarvis