For AstroFlux related discussion
#75434 by Arceus Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:36 pm
Hey everyone, Arceus here
I have mostly stopped playing this game except for checking in occasionally to chat with some friends. But when I do the game seems to be in terrible shape. The global chat is full of spam and people just sitting in sz's arguing with each other. What ever happened to how the game used to be nice people with nice respectful clans and lots of fun co-oping with only the normal drama that is always bound to happen in a mmo? Now its all drama no playing. Same with here on the forums. So many posts about this guy doing that and that guy did this to that and so on. How do you think all this looks to new people (if there is anyone new coming in anymore)? Why cant we all just settle our disagreements peacefully and cut out all the drama? Lets make this game a fun game again!

If you are interested in joining Helpers I please follow the link below:
http://astrofluxhelpersclan.enjin.com

#75435 by Nightsky Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:45 pm
You know who you can safely blame for that? Those people who's names I'm not going to mention who are constantly thinking they are just playing the game or they do something good for this game while in reality they are the bane of the game's existence. Truth be told, I also argue a lot. Mostly because I like arguing and it's one of the things I'm really good at, in a positive sense. But the views can differ.

#75447 by NinjaKaleSplat Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:05 am
Here's a more nihilistic answer: Players arguing over pointless stuff in a dying game.

Honestly, I wish the arguing would stop, but I know that's a wish that is not going to happen.

It's sad when any sort of writing causes arguments, it's so damned political these days.
#75470 by Sinner Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:52 am
NinjaKaleSplat wrote:Here's a more nihilistic answer: Players arguing over pointless stuff in a dying game.

Honestly, I wish the arguing would stop, but I know that's a wish that is not going to happen.

It's sad when any sort of writing causes arguments, it's so damned political these days.

Like my post about the discord server :cry:

Regards,
Chaos
#75472 by Nightsky Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:41 pm
I'm not sure if you don't want to understand that I already apologized for it or if you are just the type of person who holds more grudges than positive things in his life... But apparently I'm not even allowed to do mistakes anymore in this world, good to know. I should report for execution. :oops:

#75483 by traf Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:59 pm
Smeagol wrote:Do like the owners of the game are doing....

let it die...

Smeagol...

As always, I’m grateful for your profoundly uplifting perspective. It brings joy to my heart.

Please feel free to private message me!

"Do not rebuke mockers or they will hate you; rebuke the wise and they will love you."

“Don't write so that you can be understood, write so that you can't be misunderstood.”
― William Howard Taft
#75531 by Nightsky Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:59 pm
I mean that's one way to stay positive, by thinking that the game's existence relies on you. :D All praise the Supreme Lord.

Anyways, I think this game will live for a while longer, probably a year, and if, putting the emphasis on if the game receives more updates, probably for even longer than that.

#75539 by BrianN Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:59 am
Itll die a slow death...the fact that its still around is a testament to how incredibly awesome the game itself is. I mean, the only new content in the years I have been playing was vorsran, and other than it being too big for the servers, its an absolutely awesome system.
It would be wonderful if some other small game company would pick it up and run with it.

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” -Edmund Burke
#75540 by mt10kardans Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:44 am
BrianN wrote:Itll die a slow death...the fact that its still around is a testament to how incredibly awesome the game itself is. I mean, the only new content in the years I have been playing was vorsran, and other than it being too big for the servers, its an absolutely awesome system.
It would be wonderful if some other small game company would pick it up and run with it.

I think your friend Supreme wanted to buy it some time ago
#75583 by GrayBeard Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:51 pm
we all know the game died when the majestic GrayBeard stopped playing it, not supreme pickles!

#75584 by Dmitry Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:05 am
You have to at least give credit to traf for spending time to create new in-game stuff that benefits all. DreadBot is heaven sent.
#75586 by BrianN Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:21 am
Sorry, gonna rain on the parade...I don't see how having the dreadbot announce things on global helps...having a permanent presence in the system is good, but unless im mistaken, there's always gonna be dreads in Sark as long as someone is in there...isn't it a 1 min respawn or something? So cant we all assume that there's always gonna be a dread available?

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” -Edmund Burke
#75610 by Dmitry Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:29 pm
It's still very helpful in that it announces when they spawn so you can run around elsewhere instead of waiting in Sark. Also the coordinates are a nice touch.