Official announcements for AstroFlux
#75232 by Bellatrix Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:10 pm
At the end of 2017, the developers fixed an exploit that would allow players to illegally increase their turn speed above the maximum of 1.25. Before this patch was implemented the moderators caught a person or two using this exploit. All known accounts of these individuals have been permabanned, but they are welcome to come back on brand new clean accounts if they so choose.

TheSilent, who had been for the most part inactive, recently returned to the game and asked to be demodded. However, while still in the process of being demodded, he allowed another player to access his account. Account sharing is against the Terms of Service, and due to the inherent danger involved in this instance the decision was made to act fast and strike hard. Even though nothing serious came of this mistake, we banned his account to prevent anything major from happening, and after talking with Silent himself, we will be leaving his account permabanned.

With that out of the way we would like to thank TheSilent (Spy-1) for his service as a moderator and many contributions to the community, some of us know very well that our Wiki would not be near as informative or pretty without all his hard work.

We hope this new year will bring you lots of joy, happiness and great new arts!

Bellatrix, the shining star of Astroflux
#75234 by NinjaKaleSplat Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:40 am
Joy, happiness, and bans.

I'm expecting to be banned next with this damn community thinking I'm the cause of all hell in AF (Like a certain Wisconsinite other than Jarvis, who had continuously tried to get me gamebanned...)

In regards to the turn speed, it should be increased to 2 or so. It would be rather fun trying to find a perfect turn speed for you to adjust to; to perfect pvp or pve, and rather than everyone staying at 1.25.

Do not make yourself the protagonist, or it will seem everyone else is the antagonist. I learned that the hard way.
#75236 by traf Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:08 am
Well, I suppose if it was increased to 2, people with bad latency would have a big disadvantage. I remember being accused of shooting a chrono beam out of my exhaust pipe . . . and that was just with heavy lag. What would it be like with higher turnspeed? I don’t wanna know :)

Please feel free to private message me!

"Do not rebuke mockers or they will hate you; rebuke the wise and they will love you."

“Don't write so that you can be understood, write so that you can't be misunderstood.”
― William Howard Taft
#75238 by mt10kardans Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:01 am
KaleSplat wrote:Joy, happiness, and bans.

I'm expecting to be banned next with this damn community thinking I'm the cause of all hell in AF (Like a certain Wisconsinite other than Jarvis, who had continuously tried to get me gamebanned...)

In regards to the turn speed, it should be increased to 2 or so. It would be rather fun trying to find a perfect turn speed for you to adjust to; to perfect pvp or pve, and rather than everyone staying at 1.25.

Maybe you should start pretend to be good guy not only when big bois is around but also among little bois..Its funny how allways derp related players allways come in this kind of situations.
#75240 by Bellatrix Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:30 am
Just to finish this off, the people banned had their hands deep in the cookie jar, they were not banned because 10 people yelled "Hacker" and pointed in a direction.

You don't want to be banned do not trigger the built in anti cheat tools...Do not abuse the pvp system and if you find an exploit, report it, do not abuse it.

We find no joy in taking away an account from someone who has being working on that account for in same cases years. But we neither can, or will, accept when people cheat.

#75242 by NinjaKaleSplat Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:54 am
Bellatrix wrote:You don't want to be banned do not trigger the built in anti cheat tools...Do not abuse the pvp system and if you find an exploit, report it, do not abuse it.

Why the hell is BrianN's alt not banned yet, or any other level 96+ in pvp who has farmed blobs and prevents themselves from leveling up? That's basically exploiting the pvp system all on it's own.

Do not make yourself the protagonist, or it will seem everyone else is the antagonist. I learned that the hard way.
#75243 by Bellatrix Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:55 am
KaleSplat wrote:
Bellatrix wrote:You don't want to be banned do not trigger the built in anti cheat tools...Do not abuse the pvp system and if you find an exploit, report it, do not abuse it.

Why the hell is BrianN's alt not banned yet, or any other level 96+ in pvp who has farmed blobs and prevents themselves from leveling up? That's basically exploiting the pvp system all on it's own.

Very good question, we are debating if we should handle those types of issues we have not reached a conclusion, but my personal stand is that that specific "fault" is a game feature. I don't see the chances of anyone topping the pvp leader-board abusing it either since there are very few pvp matches at that pvp bracket.

Me refrering to pvp abuse is more of the different exploits that will be found or that are existent and the abuse/use of those to gain an unfair advantage.

#75244 by hugojmaia Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:24 am
Bellatrix wrote:
KaleSplat wrote:

Very good question, we are debating if we should handle those types of issues we have not reached a conclusion, but my personal stand is that that specific "fault" is a game feature. I don't see the chances of anyone topping the pvp leader-board abusing it either since there are very few pvp matches at that pvp bracket.

Me refrering to pvp abuse is more of the different exploits that will be found or that are existent and the abuse/use of those to gain an unfair advantage.

I wouldn't mind this being considered a bannable offense, if only for the overall health of the game. People tend to get extremely upset with pvp early on, partly because of how hard it is to get a match going and also how much they get wrecked when one of those 96+ players is lurking about.
This carries on to the 100+ bracket, since people went from level 50 to 99 thinking pvp matches were a waste of time and reduces pvp matches as a whole.

P.S. Happy new year! :D
#75250 by BrianN Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:13 pm
*Whines about how heresay could get him banned but then pulls out heresay about my supposed alt* :roll:

I dont keep a keen eye on the pvp leaderboards, but I never see a lvl 95 dominating it...anyone got any evidence? Does someone keep records of the past seasons? Everyone knows about my unending distaste for dom yet supposedly I am on 24/7 in 50-99 pvp reking people in it.

BTW: If you look back, I was one of the leaders of the "lets stop people from abusing the level system", which then the devs took a nuke to and instituted the art level restrictions.

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” -Edmund Burke
#75343 by McPwny Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:15 pm
last month i beleive a bunch of lvl -100 people were on the leaderboards for a while because the low level pvp matches were good i guess. so if we could NOT use alts to decimate low level pvp brackets, that would be nice.

keep up that good works mods and devs, one less exploit is definately in the "good" category.

[PURPLE!]
#75347 by BrianN Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:37 pm
I'm still waiting for Kale's evidence to back up his account of my alt rampaging through pvp50-99 or to explain why I would be the person leading the charge to stop the midlevel pvp abuse then use it to my own advantage. For the record, my alt (bnevs18) participated one month (I think about a year ago) in order to prove how easy it was to abuse it and have a change made...now, what happened wasn't what I wanted, but...
Ive been accused several times of being someone else, and as far as I can tell, the only evidence people have is that the other people I supposedly am use flametrail. Yeah, I used a combination of eagle needles and flametrail on said mission to expose the abuse.
I checked a few days ago and the highest sub100 I saw on the leaderboard was in like the mid 20s; so its not like 100+ people are getting screwed out of it...and to think that I am trying to abuse a system that I uncovered as being ripe for abuse is silly.
Now, the art level 'fix' thing I am completely against because it also punished low lvl people who had enough skill to kill beyond the limits of the fix.
In summary, as one of the biggest proponents of meritocracy on these boards, its more than a shot in the dark to accuse me of having some lvl99 goliath that I use all the time and kill the noobs that I try to protect in the real game.

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” -Edmund Burke
#75353 by Bellatrix Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:45 am
Please, almost ever thread out there is about these things, can we have this thread for it's intended purposes?

#75357 by Simon Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:23 am
Bellatrix wrote:Please, almost ever thread out there is about these things, can we have this thread for it's intended purposes?

Please, almost ever thread out there is about these things, can we have this thread for it's intended purposes?

Bellatrix, the shinning star of Astroflux

Bellatrix, is your signature supposed to read Bellatrix, the (shining) star of Astroflux?

i suppose if you ban someone that could be considered a good shinning..
#75359 by mt10kardans Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:01 pm
Simon wrote:
Bellatrix wrote:Please, almost ever thread out there is about these things, can we have this thread for it's intended purposes?

Bellatrix, is your signature supposed to read Bellatrix, the (shining) star of Astroflux?

Yes when you ban someone for hacks its biger shine than regular shine. Good stuff.
#75360 by Bellatrix Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:36 pm
Simon wrote:

Hey Simon, lol ty for pointing it out, nice joke :) It has been fixed now, ty once again.