What the Flux? If you have any issues buying or spending flux, please post here
#74063 by Dyhenir Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:18 am
chriskatching
Steam
steam76561198284939943

I want to change my name since the Steam Account didn't let me choose. But I waited a few days before I decided that I liked the game enough to spend money. Now, it will not let me purchase Flux to do so! (I have enough, but I want to buy more to also get a new ship at the same time). I click on the 'Buy' button and it disappears but nothing happens. I saw the 'solution' to go to the Settings in Steam and choose "Enable the Steam Overlay while in-game" but that doesn't do a thing.

I discovered the game exclusively through Steam, so I was not aware of other versions. When looking for a solution for this problem I tried to see if I could log into the desktop version and try a purchase there but it just made a new account instead! I don't want that account, I want this Steam account to have that name.

Mahalo! (Thank You).
#74071 by Dyhenir Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:03 am
I mentioned that the solution from that thread doesn't work for me. (I should have linked that thread in my original post). It was already checked. So, just in case it just needed a refresh/reminder, I unchecked it then quit both Astroflux and Steam then reopened to see if that worked. Then rechecked it and quit/reload but nothing in either case.
#74072 by Dyhenir Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:33 am
I failed to point out that this is using the Mac port as well. However, I have not experienced any issues with purchases with other games on Stream so I did not think it was relevant.

I was able to borrow a friend's computer to do the flux purchase. Using flux in-game has no problems. So this has been resolved in terms of me being able to acquire the flux on my account. But Mac users will most likely experience problems as well.

Thank you for your help, bolbi.