Suggestions for features or improvements
#75369 by McPwny Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:59 pm
here's a suggestion for ye: fix the auto aim exploitry. probably the main reason people don't prefer shadow has something to do with the fact that a vindiport and teleport cant be stopped, yet cloak is foiled by EVERY AUTOAIM WEAPON

[PURPLE!]
#75371 by Nightsky Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:37 pm
I'm more toxic towards automatic aiming weapons because it makes this game so much easier for people to play. This is basically the perfect investment of resources for people who just don't want to put any effort into playing this game on a skill-based level. I would love to see auto aim and aim assist removed or reworked in general and not just in combination with cloak.

Can I advertise my game in this forum? Others are allowed as well!
#75437 by McPwny Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:44 pm
a lot of people say that. a lot of people want noobtron gone then again a lot of people need it to fight.

[PURPLE!]
#75440 by Bianca Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:17 pm
Nightsky wrote:I'm more toxic towards automatic aiming weapons because it makes this game so much easier for people to play. This is basically the perfect investment of resources for people who just don't want to put any effort into playing this game on a skill-based level. I would love to see auto aim and aim assist removed or reworked in general and not just in combination with THE :x cloak.

I doubt that I am the only player that needs autoaim desperately.
If it was removed I guess the game would be nearly unplayable for me.

Time runs its own way
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trhh6BJuBqI

With a wasp at your side you never fight alone
#75463 by McPwny Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:51 pm
what about the rest of us though?

[PURPLE!]
#75469 by hugojmaia Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:47 am
I believe that first the game's netcode needs to be improved so that a player with 300 ping can fire non-autoaim weapons somewhat reliably. Once that happens and someone with 300 ping or more can use something like the railgun to some effectiveness, then we can talk about getting rid of autoaim.
As it stands there are way too many problems and I have stated them here: http://forum.astroflux.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=12144
The worse the player's connection, the more pronounced the problems listed become, to the point it becomes impossible to rely on anything that isn't autoaim when one's looking to get into pvp.
#75484 by McPwny Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:17 pm
id rather talk about getting rid of autoaim now like RIGHT now, but the update thread seems slow and unreliable.

can one make a petition or somthing? idk.

[PURPLE!]
#75508 by I_Am_Jarvis Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:18 pm
Auto-aim is part of the game as it is, it just has the quirk of ignoring cloak. On another note, there are weapons that practically REQUIRE auto-aim to be of any use. Take the Beamer for example. I don't know about you, but I'm not so sure that's going to hit anything long enough to actually deal hurting damage if it can't lock on. Sure, there are other weapons that could probably be fine without, but that doesn't mean we have to eliminate auto-aim COMPLETELY. All that really needs to be done is adjust auto-aim so that it ignores cloaked ships until uncloaked.

Many a day, I go through mental debates:
Is there any exception to the 3-Ates?
"Tolerate, Compensate, Mediate."
Alas there is none, they are so great.
Perhaps you can try, but only your best.
For every time, these shall pass the test.
-E. Jarvis
#75518 by McPwny Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:34 pm
this is true, if weps didnt have autoaim it would suck to use them, but cloak and watch someone spin around firing in circles to locate you, if its a non autoaim weapon like photon stream all you have to do is dodge the bullet hell of projectiles. if its an autoaim weapon, it just hits you anyways. invisible projectiles from the fired off screen bug happen to be hitting you before you know you have been revealed. A lot. projectors randomly hit you. A lot.

and dont forget neutron stream and psg.

just remove some weapons from the "can see through cloak" list or something, because it sux.
Last edited by McPwny on Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[PURPLE!]
#75520 by I_Am_Jarvis Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:34 pm
Actually, if ANY weapon hits, when cloaked, the cloaking goes away regardless. Auto-aim simply means not having to use AoE to do so. With that logic, why don't we remove AoE weapons too? Also, I'm sorry, but if someone's spinning around with weapon spam, explain to me exactly how you're supposed to dodge long enough to NOT get hit at some point anyways?

Many a day, I go through mental debates:
Is there any exception to the 3-Ates?
"Tolerate, Compensate, Mediate."
Alas there is none, they are so great.
Perhaps you can try, but only your best.
For every time, these shall pass the test.
-E. Jarvis
#75547 by McPwny Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:17 pm
i dont mean dodging a bullet hell of projectiles is easy, im just saying it IS possible to take that chance and cloak to pass by a person spamming in circles a non autoaim weapon. but it is NOT possible to do so if that weapon targets through cloak via autoaim, worse yet neutron stream actually locks onto you out of range and seeks your location through cloak. an unmentioned bug many are all too happy to exploit with that already controversial weapon. pretty convienient, eh? makes using AOE to seek cloaked targets an obsolete tactic so long as a player has a targeted weapon to spam, and most every player has a targeted weapon to spam.

i know the chances of an actual patch for this are nominal, but if anyone ever wonders about this let it be known that it has been griped about.

[PURPLE!]