For any non-flux problems you find in AstroFlux
#74096 by bolbi Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:42 am
Rank 4

Title
Game can auto send any button press.

Description
The game will automatically send any key you hold down and then click out of the window (or alt + tab), and keep sending said key till you press that exact key again. This works with any key including right and left mouse Mouse clicks.

Reproduction
1. Press and hold a key (for example the number 5 which will fire your fifth weapon slot by default.)
2. While still holding the key down either alt+tab to another window or just click out of the window that the game is open in.
3. Let go of the key.
4. go back to the game window and you will see that the game is acting like the button is still being pressed.

Summary/Explanation
This could allow people to auto fire or their ship without having to press a button, you can see why that would be bad I hope. Also the button will always be sent until that exact button is pressed by you again, even if you have two different buttons mapped to the same thing (i.e. I have "D" and "5" mapped to my 5th weapon slot so if I were to do this glitch for the "5" key, I can press the "D" key all I want but it won't do anything to stop the glitch.) I'm not exactly sure if '[Player]' is the right tag to put on this so mods please change it if you think something else applies. This is a big problem as it can allow people to auto fire something like Kinetic Phase Blade, Beamer or Plankton Siphon Gland and not have to worry about hitting the right button when they are in range, and people could even possibly afk farm in this game via this glitch, which as I recall is not allowed, so I'd say this should be looked into very soon.
Last edited by bolbi on Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

" 'Whatever you want people to do for you, do the same for them.'
(International Standard Version, Luke 6.31)"
#74098 by Jpsi Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:55 am
I don't see this as an issue.

Autofiring can easily be archieved with any kind of autokey tool.

Autofarming is not allowed, but apparently afk farming zer for instance is too random and can't be archieved. I think dev even have some tool to check bot/autofarming tools.

For pvp, anyone can constantly press a button the whole time, even without any kind of tool. I can constantly press my phase blade if I want, but it doesn't add anything to my gameplay and won't make me stronger. But it will make me weaker if I choose to do so. Note that no-one can avoid someone for putting some tape on their keyboard if they really want to :) It's unavoidable.

There are other bugs much more important to handel, like the fact that warping while getting a pvp invit will make the instance bug. Almost every time.
Last edited by Jpsi on Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

#74099 by hugojmaia Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:49 am
I've managed this glitch several times by opening chat.
It's how some people manage to spin in place.
Overall the bug is harmless, the best you could achieve with it would be afk farming of the low and mid level systems. Not to mention not picking anywhere as many things as you could and you're also restricted to pve instances where there really isn't an enemy that can be lured to your location in order to kill you.
#74100 by Draconis Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:51 am
This has been a thing since the invention of flash applications. DMAT taught me to farm mit like that years ago. His trick was to use siphon gland but there are much better ways to do it.

What happens is this, the game receives the keypress down signal but since you click away from it before releasing it will not receive the keypress up signal. Because no new key signals are sent it will still kick you for being afk. So while I do use this to lazily farm in mit, I cannot go afk entirely. I watch a tv show and have to check on it every 5-10 minutes so there is activity to prevent me from being kicked.

Harmless bug that lets you be lazy to a degree. It exists in every flash game that listens for keypress up.

#74104 by bolbi Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:47 pm
Well I thought it would be something that needed to be looked into at least, after seeing the commotion TheSame brought by doing what you discribe Drac, in Mit left PvE I asked if I should make a bug report about it and so here it is.

Also Jpsi my comment on the weapon things is because I would assume you are dedicating at least one finger to do that whereas someone who is using this glitch doesn't need to worry about hitting that button. IMO that is a major advantage in PvP, though you bring a good point in that soneone could just tape down their Keyboard and achieve the same thing.

#74111 by Draconis Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:40 am
Why on earth would this cause a commotion, did he set up a bot to keep him in there for 12 hours? Without a bot you can't use this to stay logged in and farm, you actually have to pay at least some attention to the browser.

Remember this isn't an astroflux bug either, it is a flash bug that has existed since the dawn of flash games. Ever wonder why your ship can sometimes spaz out and start flying in one direct for a moment? That would be this bug at play, coupled with another bug caused by lag, games just miss the keypress up signal sometimes.

#74112 by bolbi Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:55 am
Well the story I got was that TheSame was in Mit left elite PvE, ungrouped, and people started complaining cause they couldn't do missions, and one of the mods on at the time came there and asked him something, and got no response. So they kicked TheSame from the system and after that there where some fireworks in global set off by an angry Same. That was the "commotion"

Also I guess this isn't something that can be done about it, however from talking to the mod it sounded like they didn't want this being a "thing." I've done this method of farming Mit left before aswell, so I asked if they wanted me to make a bug report about what I know about it. I guess it's not something the devs can do anything about so I guess this was useless in the regards of "fixing" that kind of farming.

#74115 by Draconis Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:50 am
So likely he wasn't entirely afk as I had said, due to it auto kicking people, he just wasn't paying attention to chat because he was semi afk. That's why I do this in clan instance, so I don't disturb people or ignore them during those 5-10 minutes when I'm not paying any attention.

#74118 by bolbi Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:54 pm
Most likely yes, however they said he stopped and restarted right in front of them. Though I have no idea how often the mod tried to talk to him. Honestly by doing it in PvE I can't help but think he was asking for it to stir something up, but that's just my opinion.

#75536 by SupaDupaMart Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:18 pm
So you are saying that if I turn off chat and kill stuff, and don't respond to any mods talking to me as I go about farming, I can get kicked from the game for being antisocial? Seems like someone abused that mod power. Not trying to start an issue, just pointing out how this could escalate. Lemme know is u see the issue to.