Ask and answer questions about AstroFlux.
#67958 by ElectromanJW Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:01 pm
Is it against the rules for me to make a bot for farming? Just farming since it is so repetitive
#67960 by TheSupreme Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:17 pm
Go here. Read "Access and use of the Site/Game", line 10.

Discord ID
TheSupreme#4703
#67969 by BrianN Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:21 pm
TheSupreme wrote:Go here. Read "Access and use of the Site/Game", line 10.

ROFL...prickles quoting the Terms of Use!!!

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” -Edmund Burke
#67975 by ElectromanJW Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:31 pm
But the bot is not playing the game for me, it is gathering resources, it's not like I am making a bot to farm exe or blobs or do pvp
#67979 by TheSupreme Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:54 pm
ElectromanJW wrote:But the bot is not playing the game for me, it is gathering resources, it's not like I am making a bot to farm exe or blobs or do pvp

that is actually playing for you. :)

Discord ID
TheSupreme#4703
#67985 by bolbi Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:56 pm
I'd just say in general consider any program/script/bot/whatever that would move your ship or shoot your weapons as a bannable offense.

" 'Whatever you want people to do for you, do the same for them.'
(International Standard Version, Luke 6.31)"
#68284 by Draconis Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:10 pm
I was warned by devs to stop using my bot script even tho it was a simple idle script that fired at anyone who came within range, which was a very very short range and took forever to update. Couldn't actually kill anyone unless they weren't trying to defend themselves at all. Others have been warned about using a farming bot as well. The one thing they've never bothered me about was my artifact recycle script and crew training script(both now useless after updates that negated the need) so yeah if it involves moving your ship farther than a quick turn to prevent log outs then you will get a warning for sure.

#75605 by redjay702 Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:44 pm
What if I was to make a bot that moves EXACTLY like all the other bots? Would it still not be aloud?
#75607 by mt10kardans Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:09 pm
redjay702 wrote:What if I was to make a bot that moves EXACTLY like all the other bots? Would it still not be aloud?

Yes. I would actualy like to see that and make video too. Otherwise wise players say there is no posible hacks in this game only false acusations. And then i read news that some pubg game bans 1 mil hackers per month. Make the new boss in Argeon too and change values to convert arts too so 2 line converts double your hp or shield stats. And improve trafs bot too so dreds comes instantly to sz when bot is in that system
#75608 by BrianN Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:47 pm
redjay702 wrote:What if I was to make a bot that moves EXACTLY like all the other bots? Would it still not be aloud?

What other bots? Traf's welcome and dreadbot? As said, I don't think they do anything more than turn to not logout.

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” -Edmund Burke
#75628 by traf Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:43 pm
WelcomeBot and DreadBot do not move at all, apart from the initial "tap" on the accelerator to get them off the middle of the warp gate. They do not rotate whatsoever, ever.

But as to farming bots, or a bot that flies after you to help you in some fashion, that's definitely a no. We'll ban the living daylights out of stuff like that :)

Please feel free to private message me!

"Do not rebuke mockers or they will hate you; rebuke the wise and they will love you."

“Don't write so that you can be understood, write so that you can't be misunderstood.”
― William Howard Taft
#75632 by redjay702 Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:30 am
I mean like the AF Peacekeepers if I made a bot like those and had its cargo at 100% (by my main acc) would it be aloud? I mean its not really doing much other then moving and attacking like the AF Peacekeepers.
#75633 by BrianN Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:50 am
redjay702 wrote:I mean like the AF Peacekeepers if I made a bot like those and had its cargo at 100% (by my main acc) would it be aloud? I mean its not really doing much other then moving and attacking like the AF Peacekeepers.