For general non AstroFlux related chitchat
#75263 by TheSupreme Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:13 am
First and foremost, TheSilent has left he astroflux community.

Many of us older players know and understand just how much of an impact Spy-1 has been on this game, and especially the wiki! A major contributor who made many of the templates as well as massive amounts of data put into the wiki. He has also been a key player in encouraging other users to update and add to the astroflux wiki. Astroflux developers noticed and appreciated his efforts and awarded him with his own ship called the spy-1!

Spy-1 became known as TheSilent in early 2014, where he became known as one of the strongest PvP players for quite some time, before having a long inactive period due to life taking up his time.

Notable In game accomplishments:
• First person to ever solo a Gold Dreadnought.
• Part of the group that killed the first executor, a month after it's release.
• First low level user to kill The Advectorian & Fanatic Tank

Christmas Eve, TheSilent made it clear to me, and others who he keeps contacts with that he was going to resign from the Astroflux moderation team, but also leave the game entirely, for good.

It is no secret TheSilent made some mistakes during his time as a moderator, and yet, he was a very fair and to the point kind of guy. There is a lot of miscommunication about him, so much indeed. Being in TheDepraved has cast a very negative impression of both who he is in the community but also his character and reputation, much of which has lead him to this point.

Earlier today I witnessed a monstrosity. Newer moderators, ill informed it seems, of what TheSilent has done, and has been for this game and community released a very hurtful and discrediting announcement, not just that, but it was done in such a way that the implied impression I got from reading the post was that TheSilent was nothing, heck, they didn't even have the courtesy to create a thread specifically for him, instead it was a casual welcome the new year thread and "Oh by the way we banned TheSilent."

For those who are curious of just what happened, TheSilent, announced to some friends he was going to leave the game for good, and that he wanted to turn over his account over to a friend after he was demoted. From here on, I don't know much of what happened. Conflicting stories say that he gave his friend access to the account before he left, and others say that they are simply rumors spread by people who overheard the conversation. Regardless! He was making his departure, and there was no ill will on his part. At the very least, at the very least.. we, we who have benefited in the game from the commitment he put towards the wiki, should give him a proper farewell.

Having that said, TheSilent, you have been an amazing friend, a great guy and overall fun to play with. The amount of creativity you put into your setups was unreal and very inspiring to me, among others. I will be sad to not see you in game anymore, I am thankful though that we will still stay on contact in other ways! The fun we've had together, I won't forget, at least, not for a very long time. Thank you for the memories! :cry:
Last edited by TheSupreme on Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Discord ID
TheSupreme#4703
#75264 by TheSame Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:20 am
I'll miss spending time in-game with you, Silent. It's sad to see you go. I'm glad I got to have some good times with you. You will be missed.

TheDepraved
#75265 by Sinner Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:21 am
The moderators do have a tendency to act hastily.

However, it is not yet clear what happened. As far as I know, gifting your account to someone isn't against ToS, as you gave your account to zZone. If Silent gave his account to the friend before he had been demodded, well....I can see why the mods struck fast.

On the other hand, a permaban seems a little drastic, at least until someone has spoken to Silent and found out exactly what is going on. With Silent being as old as he was, it was unfair. Hopefully Silent will post something here explaining, and if this was just more drama/rumors, it can be cleared up and have his account unbanned.

Regards,
Chaos
#75266 by wwers Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:51 am
Uh...Im not really someone who knew Silent really well apart from that time I got killed in Vib
But anyway!
Like any good person and a friend of my friends, I give my respect. Farewell.

"You're a weeb."
"No I just like watching anime"
"So youre a weeb"
"Sure"
#75267 by boogerrito Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:52 am
I believe the issue lay with the potential ownership of a mod account by a player unworthy of that status.

Had the transfer of the account happened after demotion from moderator status, I don't think there would have been an issue. But that was apparently not the case.

We are sad to see his account gone, but we are still in contact with our good friend.

Swole of Body
Swole of Spirit
Swole of Mind
How to PvP
#75268 by mt10kardans Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:00 am
Yes its very sad to see someone special go like that. Its just so unfair. First mods unfair ban Cupa for using cheat engine and now they ban their own mods? Comon where is justice? That isnt Silents fault that he being as kind kid gave his accaunt to Cupa who got somehow unbaned at Christmas and banned again. That is nothing wrong to give mod accaunt to that poor baned girl while still being mod. That is friends duty cant blame him for that. However whats done is done. I wish best luck to that guy in other games but for rest of us i suggest leave it a rest and move on.
lol
#75270 by BrianN Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:40 am
I await an official moderator-wide statement...then again, as TacFed was demoded without explanation...I have to say you reap what you sow. The movement that TacFed was trying to help along to wrest power away from a couple of bad players to a system that was more transparent and fair is starting to reap rewards. The tragedy in all this is that it comes as the game at large is dying due to a lack of new content.
In short, I think that the mods should explain themselves, but I feel much more confident that they have done the right thing than I have in the past.

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” -Edmund Burke
#75278 by NinjaKaleSplat Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:40 am
It's sad to see Silent go. However, we all do get uninterested in a game after life gets in the way. You will be missed.

Do not make yourself the protagonist, or it will seem everyone else is the antagonist. I learned that the hard way.
#75281 by TheSupreme Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:38 pm
Sinner wrote:The moderators do have a tendency to act hastily.

However, it is not yet clear what happened. As far as I know, gifting your account to someone isn't against ToS, as you gave your account to zZone. If Silent gave his account to the friend before he had been demodded, well....I can see why the mods struck fast.

On the other hand, a permaban seems a little drastic, at least until someone has spoken to Silent and found out exactly what is going on. With Silent being as old as he was, it was unfair. Hopefully Silent will post something here explaining, and if this was just more drama/rumors, it can be cleared up and have his account unbanned.

His perms ban was requested by him, yet for some odd reason the moderators announced it as their own doing.. He wouldn't have been banned if he did not ask for it, and this entire thing comes from the want to retire. So yeah.. very poorly handled by some moderators, namely, bellatrix.

Discord ID
TheSupreme#4703
#75282 by Smeagol Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:54 pm
Good Riddens,

He used the same crappy behaviour as the rest of the depraved, and shown but his final actions to give his mod account away with powers intact, but this is no surprise from the hackers clan.

Dodgy spawns dodgy, wouldn't you agree prickles, say what you want he was corrupt all along.

Smeagol
#75284 by Bellatrix Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:25 pm
Ok lets set some things straight:

TheSilent came back and wanted to be demoded. He was thanked by the mod team for his efforts and we welcomed him back at any time. Only devs can demod/mod a player and those things can sometimes take time.

After a few days we got reports about another player using TheSilents account, since the reports came from several different players we messaged TheSilent and decided to temporarily ban the account until TheSilent had time to get back to us.

He later got back to us and explained that it was true that another player had access to his account and he also decided to instead of giving the account away he preferred to have it permanently banned. So the decision was taken to keep it banned.

This is the story, what has happened does in no way take away all the efforts or time that TheSilent has put into this game or it's community. It is by far great and will never be forgotten.

With that said I hope it is also clear for everyone that we can not have two different set of rules for players and moderators, in this particular case TheSilent was already earlier warned for account sharing his moderator account and yet it happened again.

I appreciate your feedback Supreme, but honestly you should get your facts straight. The message was written by me initially, true, it was edited and prof read by the rest of the moderator team and approved by them. But all means through me under the bus as you always try.

I did think it was important to get the message out especially how the information regarding TacFed never got out and split the community in several camps.

I hope this answers all the questions you have regarding TheSilent, I wish him once again all the best.

Bellatrix, the shining star of Astroflux
#75286 by traf Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:16 pm
Yeah, no need to make Bella look like the bad guy here.

Please feel free to private message me!

"Do not rebuke mockers or they will hate you; rebuke the wise and they will love you."

“Don't write so that you can be understood, write so that you can't be misunderstood.”
― William Howard Taft
#75287 by TheSupreme Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:20 pm
Bellatrix wrote:I appreciate your feedback Supreme, but honestly you should get your facts straight. The message was written by me initially, true, it was edited and prof read by the rest of the moderator team and approved by them. But all means through me under the bus as you always try.

I did think it was important to get the message out especially how the information regarding TacFed never got out and split the community in several camps.

I apologize bellatrix. You posted the thread, so naturally I assumed it was you wording.

Regarding tactical, everything was confidential and a lot more professional than this.

Discord ID
TheSupreme#4703
#75288 by Bellatrix Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:08 pm
TheSupreme wrote:I apologize bellatrix. You posted the thread, so naturally I assumed it was you wording.

Regarding tactical, everything was confidential and a lot more professional than this.

Apology accepted.

I do disagree thou with TacFed, it was very non-professional regarding the community, my opinion. The information need of the community was not meet and this allowed rumors or false news to spread and they are still spreading.
This incident was actually the one that really pushed me to be a moderator to make sure that such a thing would not happen again. I hope that we managed differently in this instance. I can see where you are coming from, a player that has done so much for this community and game, rewarded with his own ship, was mentioned shortly in a non official message.

Our intention was to not draw to much attention to the act itself, but in doing so we also never did a proper farewell in the official parts of the forum. The focus from my view was to make sure that the community knew that yes mistakes happened, but no harm was done and it was handled when reported to us.

Bellatrix, the shining star of Astroflux
#75289 by BrianN Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:43 pm
in this particular case TheSilent was already earlier warned for account sharing his moderator account and yet it happened again.

Oh...so it happened before eh? Thx for confirming what most of us knew already.

I apologize bellatrix. You posted the thread, so naturally I assumed it was you wording.

Awesome...a non-apology apology

I think the 35 page thread and exodus that happened after it would disagree. Again, you arent able to put yourself in other people's shoes.

The information need of the community was not meet and this allowed rumors or false news to spread and they are still spreading.

Agree completely...draggerz and that camp basically told the community to screw off.

This incident was actually the one that really pushed me to be a moderator to make sure that such a thing would not happen again.

...but obviously the years of abuse put upon us by D&D has borne fruit with our new wave of mods. Its just like what is happening IRL with a certain person...you can only lie so long until the whole edifice rots out and your movement falls like a house of cards. Eventually, people will get sick of being abused.

Our intention was to not draw to much attention to the act itself, but in doing so we also never did a proper farewell in the official parts of the forum.

Being permabanned should be part of the 'proper farewell'...sure he helped the community; but he also damaged it a ton with this and other misdeeds. Mentioning the facts is what should be done; a "proper farewell" doesnt mean you gloss over the things that benefited some people but abused the community at large.

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” -Edmund Burke