For general non AstroFlux related chitchat
#73406 by hugojmaia Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:11 pm
Is that Dial-Up?
Only game I've seen get a ping that bad for me was Path of Exile during the server's rush hour (6 pm), showing 175ms but spiking up to 1500ms whenever I tried doing something.
In your case it means there's something eating up the bandwidth, talk to the other people in your house, if none of them are doing things like streaming video then you should change the wifi password to make sure none of your neighboors are stealing your internet, and finally, if possible, connect your computer to modem with the cable.
If none of that helps then I hope there's some fiber optics provider in your town, I heard the DSL connection in the US is specially bad nowdays if you're in the hands of the big providers.
#73409 by Drl Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:51 pm
hugojmaia wrote:Is that Dial-Up?
Only game I've seen get a ping that bad for me was Path of Exile during the server's rush hour (6 pm), showing 175ms but spiking up to 1500ms whenever I tried doing something.
In your case it means there's something eating up the bandwidth, talk to the other people in your house, if none of them are doing things like streaming video then you should change the wifi password to make sure none of your neighboors are stealing your internet, and finally, if possible, connect your computer to modem with the cable.
If none of that helps then I hope there's some fiber optics provider in your town, I heard the DSL connection in the US is specially bad nowdays if you're in the hands of the big providers.

yea my comp doesn't have any modem connectors, well i have my sister who has 4 phones, my dad who has a xbox one on constantly, a wii, and a 3ds. and since im one of the administrators of the house (since i pay around 40% of the internet) i can see who is connected to the internet, and what they are doing. my comp is just a dell pc tablet. and yes the city that i'm living at has optic cables.

Currently unavailable due to internet problems and broken screen

V The link to the Xaliuris Universe V
http://xaliuris.wikia.com/wiki/Xaliuris_Wikia
#73414 by hugojmaia Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:46 am
Look up Ethernet to USB adapters, if you already have a cable that goes to where your comp is, then it's something you can solve with a 5 to 10 dollar dongle.
That'll allow you to bypass the noisy wifi and get a better connection.

I also forgot to mention, check for 5 ghz wifi options in the modem/router.