For general non AstroFlux related chitchat
#69717 by TheCen Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:29 pm
If anyone knows the daily problems of a city traffic. Then you might appreciate this article/video. I used to live in the suburbs of Chicago. I, only lived 27 miles (43 km) from my work. That daily drive was on average was 1 hour and 10 minutes. Mainly, because of stop lights. Four (4) lights before I got on the highway and nine (9) lights after the highway portion. That's thirteen (13) total stop lights on my daily drive to and from work. Highway speeds had posted 55 mph (88 kph), but in reality most of that traffic is going 80 to 90 mph (128 to 144 kph). The highway portion of the drive was only 22 minutes of the overall drive (or 22 miles ~ 35 km). That's at 60 mph (96 kph) not the 80 and 90 mph speeds (128 to 144 kph). So, that means I spent 48 minutes on average at stop lights, on my way to and from work. :shock:

The video shown in this is at night. But, still.. hitting 240 consecutive lights is impressive.
http://gothamist.com/2016/12/22/driver_green_light_wizard.php

WARNING:
DON'T TRUST ANY MODERATOR. THEY DELETE YOUR COMMENTS. MODERATORS IN GENERAL HAVE RUINED THE GAME PLAY OF MANY INDIVIDUALS. AND THEY JUST KEEP DOING IT. NO REGARDS FOR RESPECT.