For general non AstroFlux related chitchat
#69494 by TheCen Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:02 pm
I would have added this to my previous post.. but this is a completely new day.

You know it's bad when Fox news anchors have to talk about a Republican President like this. Guess Fox is fake news too?

https://youtu.be/-TfqTHlMszA

Image
TheCen - YouTube Channel
Warning:
Screen cap your own posts to have a record of it before a MOD changes it. There are MODS that do not follow any rules. Protect yourself.
#69496 by BrianN Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:14 pm
Thats a big step...once Fox News starts to turn on him it will start to open the eyes of the people in their own bubble. But really, O'Reilly has the most clout in this.

Don't use a nuclear weapon when the problem calls for a scalpel.
The truth always lies between the two ends of an argument.
The truth should always be held above all else; renounce the lies, question the rumors, listen to speculation, read the consensus.
#69498 by TheSupreme Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:42 pm
Donald Trump will be the greatest president this country has seen in a very long time. Can't wait until he does something about the lying mainstream media as they should be charged with treason. :)

Image

ImageImage

Image
#69500 by traf Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:20 pm
I don't remember, who started the whole "fake news" tag line? I feel like how it is used by Trump & etc is changing from its original definition somehow. I doubt he's that stupid, but open to the possibility :?

I have an open door policy. Please feel free to private message me!

“Don't write so that you can be understood, write so that you can't be misunderstood.”
― William Howard Taft
#69501 by TheCen Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:52 pm
traf wrote:I don't remember, who started the whole "fake news" tag line? I feel like how it is used by Trump & etc is changing from its original definition somehow. I doubt he's that stupid, but open to the possibility :?


The liberal media did. And now everyone uses it. The biggest fake news I've seen is InfoWars (conservative), and Salon (liberal). Can't trust anything these sites say at all. Then, there's a bunch of in between that are questionable.

The biggest problem right now is that Trump supporters are going to say everything is fake news because if Trump says.. it must be true. The sad part is that Trump gets all his news from the "fake" media. So, he basically retweets what the "fake" news says and then calls them out on it. It's a giant circlejerk.

Yesterday's news conference... my lord. Trump actually said he wasn't racist and 10 minutes later busts his own bubble by asking that black reporter if she would set a meeting with the CBC for him. Cause you know, all black people know each other. They all go over to Oprah's house and have meetings and gatherings and each and every single one of them knows each other. Before that he cut off the reporter that was asking about violence against Jews and how this administration was going to stop that. Did Trump answer that question? No. He went on a rant about how he's not racist or anti-semantic. Which, wasn't even what the question was even about.

He brings up Clinton. No one else brought that up. He did. Why keep bringing this up? I don't know if he knows or not. But, Trump won the election. Yet, he still keeps bringing up Clinton. Who cares about Clinton!!! She's not the president.

Here's the video: I'm posted 2 sources of the conference to prove to the tin foil types that there was no editing done to make Trump look dumb or inconsistent. He does it to himself.

ABC News (Fake News according to Trump)
https://youtu.be/W5FRUM-AK9k

DONALD TRUMP SPEECHES & PRESS CONFERENCE (Fake News according to Liberals)
https://youtu.be/W5FRUM-AK9k

Image
TheCen - YouTube Channel
Warning:
Screen cap your own posts to have a record of it before a MOD changes it. There are MODS that do not follow any rules. Protect yourself.
#69502 by TheSupreme Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:02 pm
The truth about fake news is that the mainstream media was being called out for being fake and so they decided to shutdown everyone who disagreed with them and most conservative media outlets are now labeled as fake news.

Facebook won't even allow a post that disagrees with the view point of someone liberal. It's the most pathetic thing I've ever seen. :)

Also... the liberals have this gender list.
Agender
Androgyne
Androgynous
Bigender
Cis
Cisgender
Cis Female
Cis Male
Cis Man
Cis Woman
Cisgender Female
Cisgender Male
Cisgender Man
Cisgender Woman
Female to Male
FTM
Gender Fluid
Gender Nonconforming
Gender Questioning
Gender Variant
Genderqueer
Intersex
Male to Female
MTF
Neither
Neutrois
Non-binary
Other
Pangender
Trans
Trans*
Trans Female
Trans* Female
Trans Male
Trans* Male
Trans Man
Trans* Man
Trans Person
Trans* Person
Trans Woman
Trans* Woman
Transfeminine
Transgender
Transgender Female
Transgender Male
Transgender Man
Transgender Person
Transgender Woman
Transmasculine
Transsexual
Transsexual Female
Transsexual Male
Transsexual Man
Transsexual Person
Transsexual Woman
Two-Spirit

And they want to call the conservatives stupid. :)

Image

ImageImage

Image
#69506 by TheCen Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:27 pm
TheSupreme wrote:The truth about fake news is that the mainstream media was being called out for being fake and so they decided to shutdown everyone who disagreed with them and most conservative media outlets are now labeled as fake news.


There's fake news on bother sides. It's not ONLY the liberals. And please stop talking about mainstream media like everyone watches it. Most Americans do not watch that crap. They get their news from smaller lesser known newspapers or local news. I have to post sources of information to back up my claims (something you never do) and sometimes the source is from a mainstream site. Usually, it contains Trump tweets or Trump videos. Hard to FAKE what TRUMP actually says.

TheSupreme wrote:Facebook won't even allow a post that disagrees with the view point of someone liberal. It's the most pathetic thing I've ever seen. :)


Facebook doesn't cover news. That's been established. Stop using them as your source of how everything is wrong and fake. If you are getting your news from facebook... that's just messed up.

TheSupreme wrote:Also... the liberals have this gender list.

And they want to call the conservatives stupid. :)


Going to disagree there with the "Liberals" having that list. That's the extreme left. The SJW Feminist list. You don't see us posting the far right's views and calling that stuff what Trump wants to do with this nation. So, please understand that the spectrum of political views is complicated and not as simple as saying the "Liberals" have this list.

Someone could easily point to a far right group and just say all republicans are this way. Which I can just give you some small tidbits people think of republicans because of the extreme right's views.

1. All republicans are Racists
2. All republicans are gun toting fools that believe in the death penalty, but wants to make sure a fetus lives over the mother.
3. All republicans care about is money, and if you have it.

All of these are false. They are just an extreme view of republicans. The same as what you are saying by that list you provided. Not, EVERY liberal believes that hogwash. Just as the same as, not EVERY republican is racist.

This might come as a freaking surprise to you. But, the PC movement isn't only a Liberal ideal. There are many conservatives that believe in being Politically correct. We all have to draw a line somewhere as to where it goes too far. That list you provided is too far. That's an extremist list.

Image
TheCen - YouTube Channel
Warning:
Screen cap your own posts to have a record of it before a MOD changes it. There are MODS that do not follow any rules. Protect yourself.
#69513 by BrianN Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:06 pm
TheSupreme wrote:Donald Trump will be the greatest president this country has seen in a very long time. Can't wait until he does something about the lying mainstream media as they should be charged with treason. :)

Like how you said he is saving tons of jobs?
https://www.yahoo.com/news/ford-not-scr ... 39351.html

Again...stop trolling, this is serious :evil: we are talking about and your BS needs to end somewhere.

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/trump-fans-wan ... 15071.html
The fact is the hard core Trumpers are the REAL snowflakes.

The fact is


People's lives are at stake in things like this...if you wanna troll about AF stuff thats fine, but grow the hell up. This is serious :twisted: that people have fought and died for an independent media and a constitutional democracy...realize that you are an extremely sheltered kid who doesnt know crap about the real world, and shouldnt comment about things you have no idea about. You have a basis to talk about AF weapons/setups/etc...you have no right to take a dump on democracy.
Ive had several convos in private with Trump supporters on AF and they actually have a reason to like him and make good points on his behalf. You either are trolling a subject that people have died for; or are so completely separated from reality that you need to realize you dont know :twisted: . You want Trump to "do something" about the people in the media who disagree with them? Statements like this go beyond trolling; its toxic and Anti-American. I dont like personal attacks, but Ive given you multiple chances to make sane and salient points and you either dont want to or cant.

So, which are you? An unrepentant troll who mocks democracy, or an uber-extreme kid who has no real world experiences.

Don't use a nuclear weapon when the problem calls for a scalpel.
The truth always lies between the two ends of an argument.
The truth should always be held above all else; renounce the lies, question the rumors, listen to speculation, read the consensus.
#69543 by TheCen Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:36 am
I'm all for fixing our country. Building a WALL is different from boosting border patrol budget and hiring more border patrol officers to catch the illegals coming into our country. I am all for this idea. More border patrol and cameras, less talk about a 20+ billion dollar wall that anyone with a ladder, boat, or plane can bypass.

Trump, is not a politician. And the fact that he tweets repeatedly and lies the majority (70%) of the time is not good for the American psyche. He should be trying to UNITE the country. Instead, he is making it harder and harder for anyone to be on common ground. He is clearly drawing a line in the sand and figuring out who his enemies are. We are seeing him doing it live on television by attacking the media and calling them fake. This is him distancing himself and dividing the nation further.

Trump, could have started on day one for unification. Lay out his ideas for the country. He started off just fine with his inauguration speech. But, ever since the speech he's been trying to prove how great he is instead of unifying the country. It's more important to Trump that his image is one of pure greatness, then giving actual facts. This was the problem with the inauguration numbers. Who the hell cares how many people were there. That doesn't even matter. Trump, made that story larger than it was by even bringing it up.

His immigration ban had a lot of merit. I actually agreed with it. I've seen plenty of videos from other countries that have taken in the migrants from Syria and I don't want to see the same thing happen in the US. Albeit, when they come to the US they are scattered across the nation so that it's harder for them to create what we saw in France and Kenya. The problem that occurred with the immigration ban was that it was poorly executed. What should have happened was that Trump comes on national television and lays out his fears and concerns. Give the people an actual account of what is going to happen. Then implement the ban. Instead, that happened in reverse. This trapped immigrants that were in route and now they were stuck in airports. No one knew how to treat the ban or how to enforce it. A little planning and notifications go a long way.

Now, we have Trump claiming that the news is fake. This in turns creates more buzz. Everything the President and his spokesmen say is all taken with a grain of salt now. No one can take anything they say seriously. Especially after the "Bowling Green Massacre" that Conway tried to say was a real thing. And Trump claiming that the media does not cover terrorist attacks. They did it to themselves. They tried to manipulate the media by calling everything fake and now they have to deal with the fact that they can't even be trusted at all. When he has press conferences or goes to twitter he shouldn't attack the media. He's created this problem all himself. Why, he even cares on how anyone reports on him is very telling of how he has no idea how to lead. He is undermining his own leadership. Sad.

Instead of having the media back anything you say... they now don't even trust you or believe anything you say. Forcing them to question everything that is uttered on tweet or from your own mouth. Way to go Mr. President!! Bigly, Yuuge, AMAZING!


Sources:
Video from 2015 showing refugee camps in France.
https://youtu.be/OkX3Z7lQt-E
Another video from 2015 showing immigrants on the highways trying either jump on the trucks or steal their cargo.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=382njADcWvE
Kenya Refugee Camp
http://i.imgur.com/LOYbOrb.jpg

Image
TheCen - YouTube Channel
Warning:
Screen cap your own posts to have a record of it before a MOD changes it. There are MODS that do not follow any rules. Protect yourself.
#69545 by BrianN Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:14 am
Ive been waiting for an anti-establishment non politician to come into Washington and bust up the status quo...then I looked into Trump and his history and psyche and found this.
It's more important to Trump that his image is one of pure greatness, then giving actual facts.



His immigration ban had a lot of merit. I actually agreed with it. I've seen plenty of videos from other countries that have taken in the migrants from Syria and I don't want to see the same thing happen in the US.

Lets get some things straight...the executive order did nothing to stop the type of immigration you are talking about. What it did was stop people who had already been through years of vetting and green card holders from entering. Europe is getting flooded by unvetted refugees...its a real problem that Obama let get out of hand in Syria. We don't have that problem...the problem about the order that you didn't mention and what really put it over the top for most people was the clause that after a time things would reopen with a preference to "religious minorities". This is completely contrary to the constitution regarding religious preferences set up by the government...this was spearheaded not by Trump (he really doesn't care about religion), but by Bannon (racist and religist troll) and Pence (someone who sees himself as some sort of avenging angel and warrior for Christianity). If they had simply called a stop to immigrants from these countries; I would have raised my eyes but given the administration the benefit of the dobut. But this was obviously and blatantly religiously motivated (as confirmed by Guliani later on)...then the onion peeled once more when you showed what major muslim countries in the area were NOT on the list...the ones where Trump has business interest.
Now, his National Security Advisor has been ousted in a possible treason controversy, and his TWO next choices to replace him have turned him down (reportedly because they didn't want to have to go through Bannon and the other mess in the administration to get to Trump)...dude flat out is losing like he did when he went bankrupt and started to use that to skip out on paying taxes.
He also gave Obama crap about taking so many vacations that cost the US so much money...well Obama's 'vacations' (there is no such thing in reality when you are the POTUS) cost around $97 million...well Trump has already cost around $10 million (that doesn't include all the money being spent on Melania in NYC---estimated $500k per day); and where is a lot of that money going? His Mar-a-Lago property.
Oh, and he views sensitive data in front of busboys and diners...Hillary's freaking North Korea compared to that.

The worst thing? Millions of people still believe Trump, and his base is loving what has happened so far.

Don't use a nuclear weapon when the problem calls for a scalpel.
The truth always lies between the two ends of an argument.
The truth should always be held above all else; renounce the lies, question the rumors, listen to speculation, read the consensus.
#69546 by TheCen Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:30 am
I do agree it was a Muslim ban, because of the fact that Christians would be let in over Muslims (That's why I posted that tweet, "All muslims have to do is act like Christians..." )

But, the way it was implemented is the reason why it was thrown out in court. Like I said; planning and explanations go a very long way. Pulling the trigger then asking questions later just creates havoc.

Obama's vacations were $97 million? You have a source? Is that over the entire 8 years?

Image
TheCen - YouTube Channel
Warning:
Screen cap your own posts to have a record of it before a MOD changes it. There are MODS that do not follow any rules. Protect yourself.
#69547 by TheCen Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:53 pm
Like. I have no clue how people can keep listening to Alex Jones. I watched a lot of his stuff on purpose to get a different perspective. But, then he goes on rants and it's like... wtf are you even talking about. Reminds me of Harry Caray in Chicago. When you listened to the Cubs broadcast; about halfway through the game they stopped talking about baseball and started talking about where their favorite places to eat were and other weird things that had nothing to do with baseball. Umm.. this is a baseball broadcast guys. What's the freaking score?

I tried to watch the 3 hour version of this interview and had to turn it off a number of times and come back to it later.

This is just a 10 minute shortened down version... and it's still hard to take this man seriously. Even when he mentions what Trump is trying to do, I try to get it and understand ... until he goes off course and starts talking about aliens, and mind control, and AI pedophiles, and vampires. He's just a giant conspiracy theorist with some factual information and a lot of fictional stories about weird things he's been fed by other people. And this is a guy that our President currently follows for real news... not fake news.

If NPR all of a sudden started talking about aliens controlling the minds of our politicians, the conservatives/republicans would have an absolute field day with how fake it is. But, since Alex Jones is a republican/conservative; what he says is perfectly okay and there's nothing wrong. Hypocrisy.

https://youtu.be/Mo7EoL9OAxY

Image
TheCen - YouTube Channel
Warning:
Screen cap your own posts to have a record of it before a MOD changes it. There are MODS that do not follow any rules. Protect yourself.
#69560 by BrianN Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:29 am
Hey prickles...perhaps you should educate yourself about the real world
http://www.cracked.com/blog/6-ways-big- ... rspective/

People listen to Jones (and his counterparts on the left and right) because they want there to be a massive conspiracy against their happiness...so why does my life suck? Nah, don't accept that I have most of the responsibility, its THEIR fault. The thing we are dealing with now is information overload. Not access to the truth, but the flipside of the type of things that allowed the Arab Spring.

Don't use a nuclear weapon when the problem calls for a scalpel.
The truth always lies between the two ends of an argument.
The truth should always be held above all else; renounce the lies, question the rumors, listen to speculation, read the consensus.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

About

Welcome to the AstroFlux forum! This forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can ask questions and receive helpful information from experienced players. Please Join the discussions in the Astroflux forums. The game developers are active here and are happy to hear what you think!

AstroFlux is a MMO space shooter with numerous weapons, upgrades and abilities. Explore the galaxy and collect space junk to gain resources for new technologies.