Ask and answer questions about AstroFlux.
#75946 by Magnesium Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:13 pm
Is that ship worth it? I’ve heard a few good things about this ship such as it has extremely high shield and shield Regen and it has a high DPS weapon. What I’m concerned about is that it has practically no armor whatsoever. So Is it worth spending my 2500 Flux on this ship?
#75950 by Neglectus Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:12 am
It's like a medic, but as energy %. It's extremely good with plasma gun and lwg, so yeah, despite the lack of armor it's still very good

Hahaha, funny memes
#75968 by GoatusMax Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:24 am
If you're using a shield build, your armor means practically nothing because you're not going to let yourself get down to your HP. Retro is one of my favorite go to ships. I do all my dailies with it, I do random missions with it, I explore new areas with it. Yes, Retro is a good ship, like any, if you build it correctly. ROF and Energy% are your best bets for damage capacity. Make sure you have high res and some decent shield and shield regen boosters and you're pretty much good to go.
#75977 by McPwny Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:48 pm
there are only a handful of ships capable of farming end game enemies for end game arts and the retro is definately not on that list, i would'nt recommend it unless you are just buying it for the weapon.

[PURPLE!]
#76018 by PurpleVind Wed May 02, 2018 11:06 am
I don't know Mcpwy list, but mine is in no particular order:
Vindicator
Tanker
Blade
Assassin
Shadow

I know that Medic and El Dorado can work, but are harder to use on elite zone enemies. You can always use whatever ship you want, but you can also drive yourself to drink in frustration using ships that are not good for elite vorsan. And we here at Astroflux are against drinking and flying!
#76019 by Nightsky Wed May 02, 2018 11:40 am
Generally the Retro is a pretty solid ship. It performs well in PvP as well as in PvE in certain extends. You may require an adapted weaponry such as Plasma Gun for building up high damage, Photonic Blaster for distant high DPS attacks, Void Tentacles/Aureus Beam/Sonic Missiles for energy resist debuff, An armor debuffing weapon and perhaps a shield regen debuffing weapon. Overall I can only tell good things about the Retro.

Unfortunately it's not as specialized at killing things as the Nexar Blade as example is. So if you purely focus on killing things quickly, go for the Nexar Blade as it performs superiorly at this task. Go with the Retro if you seek for a more skillful gameplay with a decent challenge factor.

Also, I want to lay you this video close: