Ask and answer questions about AstroFlux.
#75661 by GuestNINJAS Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:42 pm
Hello. This is awkward as I did this 2-3 times but I'm DEFINITELY leaving this game behind. Reasons are boredness, highschool, devs ain't giving a damn about it, etc. This will also be my last post/thread ,sorta a way to tell you all a sort of goodbye.

Now onto the real question: On a timeline from 0 to 100, on which scale is the game close to dying? This is a question that always interested me, and is my last one about astroflux.

(0 = Not dying, 100 = Dead)

Sad fact : I was quite often in-game.. Making dramas, showing up in chat a lot! Laughing.. raging... pvp'ing..

Yet almost no one remembers who I was. Pay respects. Press F.

Go to the Astroflux discord befoee this forum and the game gets deleted.
#75663 by hugojmaia Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:59 am
Astroflux was launched in 2012, flash is gonna be completely put down in 2020.
That gives us a 75 out of 100 as to how close this game is to dieing.
And that is for the engine it's running on, if the devs don't change this game from flash to something else by the middle of 2019 consider it dead.
#75667 by Bellatrix Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:08 pm
hugojmaia wrote:Astroflux was launched in 2012, flash is gonna be completely put down in 2020.
That gives us a 75 out of 100 as to how close this game is to dieing.
And that is for the engine it's running on, if the devs don't change this game from flash to something else by the middle of 2019 consider it dead.

This is as close to a perfect answer as you are ever going to get, since we all have to guess.

Bellatrix, the shining star of Astroflux
#75671 by dales2 Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:36 am
:D
TheSpark wrote:You 99.9.
Game 42
#75674 by traf Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:13 am
Kinda curious how the flash death will work, especially since astroflux is affected. Well, they got 2 years to fix it. Yay . . . ?

I mean, are all my old games just gonna keel over due to what year it is? Will a standalone client refuse to work? Etc. Probably could just google it, but it’s more fun to speculate here :P

I’d say a nice . . . 30-60 (hedging my bets lol). It’s slipping slowly, ever so slowly into the deep. However, there are still new players coming in every day of the week, so if something changes in the next “while” it would go closer to 0. All depends on what the devs do and when they do it, really.

Please feel free to private message me!

"Do not rebuke mockers or they will hate you; rebuke the wise and they will love you."

“Don't write so that you can be understood, write so that you can't be misunderstood.”
― William Howard Taft
#75690 by TheSupreme Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:36 pm
Flash is simply losing all support in 2020. Download links will be taken down and forced down from other sites. Irregardless you will still be able to find ways to manually install the flash software.

The reason this will kill astroflux, even with players already playing and willing to goto such an extent, new players won't.
Last edited by TheSupreme on Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Discord ID
TheSupreme#4703
#75692 by BrianN Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:02 am
TheSupreme wrote:Flash is simply losing all support in 2020. Download links will be taken down and forced down from other sides.

:? :( :o :shock: Prickles is from the future?

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” -Edmund Burke
#75697 by TheSupreme Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:33 pm
BrianN wrote:
TheSupreme wrote:Flash is simply losing all support in 2020. Download links will be taken down and forced down from other sides.

:? :( :o :shock: Prickles is from the future?

as much as I would like to be, and believe me I would, I must disappoint you. adobe has announced that they will drop all support in 2020. :lol:

Discord ID
TheSupreme#4703
#75699 by BrianN Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:40 am
Flash is simply losing all support in 2020 is not the same as adobe has announced that they will drop all support in 2020

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” -Edmund Burke
#75704 by hugojmaia Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:29 am
BrianN wrote:Flash is simply losing all support in 2020 is not the same as adobe has announced that they will drop all support in 2020

The main problem right now is that flash is seen as a major security vulnerability. With that it'll most likely start getting blocked by the major browsers mid-2019 or so. And with people having to look for alternative browsers and/or methods of getting flash to run again it'll spell death for flash games in general.
And to top it all off, porting a game the size of Astroflux to another engine is gonna take anywhere from 6 months to a year if we're to get a not-rushed and working port. The announcement "Astroflux is being ported to another engine" has to come this year or the game will be dead by mid-2019.
#75705 by GuestNINJAS Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:19 pm
Good point hugo, But do you sincerely think the devs even give just an actual crap about the game now? If they actually showed up before 2019 it would be a miracle of life (Except if it's just for saying hi, comeback and such useless things, I don't really care anymore, i retired from the community.)

Sad fact : I was quite often in-game.. Making dramas, showing up in chat a lot! Laughing.. raging... pvp'ing..

#75710 by Bellatrix Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:27 pm
They care enough to pay for the server costs...

#75733 by GuestNINJAS Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:57 pm
Bellatrix wrote:They care enough to pay for the server costs...

And that's it. They won't even bother to even increase their revenue with Astroflux.

#75734 by Bellatrix Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:47 pm
GuestNINJAS wrote:
Bellatrix wrote:They care enough to pay for the server costs...

And that's it. They won't even bother to even increase their revenue with Astroflux.

Question is, why do you care? It does not matter what I write, or what anyone else writes, even if a dev would write in this thread it would not matter for you since you would find a reason to blame them for something, so why continue this? You are not happy with this game, do not play it. It is as simple as that.