Ask and answer questions about AstroFlux.
#74967 by GoatusMax Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:01 am
As far as i've seen Plankton Syphon Gland is the best shield and HP drain weapon in the game. Unfortunately, its corrosive and I want to build some physical and energy set ups that have their own life drains. I've read through all the wiki postings, but I want the opinions of you the players. What do you, in your experiences, feel are the best and most effective physical and energy shield and HP drain weapons?
#74968 by hugojmaia Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:40 am
GoatusMax wrote:As far as i've seen Plankton Syphon Gland is the best shield and HP drain weapon in the game. Unfortunately, its corrosive and I want to build some physical and energy set ups that have their own life drains. I've read through all the wiki postings, but I want the opinions of you the players. What do you, in your experiences, feel are the best and most effective physical and energy shield and HP drain weapons?

The Eagle Needle and the Aureus Lightning both have a shield leech that can be expanded to hp/sh leech with elite tech.
As for kinetic weapons that leech, there's the Bionic Queen's Jaws and after that there's Void Tentacles and Piraya.
And then you have a few weapons that get leeching via elite tech, they're usually not worth worrying over as the leech is usually the less desirable of their elite techs.
#74980 by Draconis Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:54 am
Siphon can also become an energy based drain, you lose a lot of the effectiveness, but considering how overly powerful it is that won't really matter if you're using it just to stay alive. Void Tentacles with increased healing tech makes a great energy or kinetic leech too. Another very strong energy leech is shadow flames, tho nothing quite beats eagle needles.

#75026 by GoatusMax Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:39 pm
Thank you all. I only have about a third to a half of your suggestions available to me right now, but you're confirming my suspicions and giving me new avenues to try out. Thanks again.