Ask and answer questions about AstroFlux.
#74213 by Shieldity Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:07 am
I don't understand, I got 30M steel farmed only and I am happy with that

BUT. HOW. IN. AN. ENTIRE. LIFETIME. CAN. YOU. FARM. UP. TO. HUNDREDS. OF. MILLIONS!

Return to last visited topic | Back to game

The player above this signature first played in september 2014 and joined the following clans : NINJAS, United Nations, NINJAS III, NINJAS, Defiance (Kicked unfairly), and is now in Blue Hawks Elite!

Ask for help in game if you need !
#74224 by Draconis Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:50 am
used to get a million an hour and farmed 5 hours a day, doesn't take very long if you got that kind of time. if you put just 1 hours a day in on farming and make 500k an hour, you got 15 mil in a month. 7 months later you got 105 mil and a seething hatred for the devs bullshit exponential steel costs

#74245 by Shieldity Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:07 am
Draconis wrote:used to get a million an hour and farmed 5 hours a day, doesn't take very long if you got that kind of time. if you put just 1 hours a day in on farming and make 500k an hour, you got 15 mil in a month. 7 months later you got 105 mil and a seething hatred for the devs bullshit exponential steel costs

600k-1kk/H maybe but I'm not that interested to waste complete days on a game

The player above this signature first played in september 2014 and joined the following clans : NINJAS, United Nations, NINJAS III, NINJAS, Defiance (Kicked unfairly), and is now in Blue Hawks Elite!

#74254 by Draconis Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:51 am
Yes an hour is a complete day, sure that line of reasoning holds up. What you meant to say was "I just wanted to complain about something I'm jealous of but have no self control to dedicate a fraction of my time to it.", I get it, almost understandable. You've been playing for two years, or damned near, and with the light amount of farming I described you would have 200 mil steel right now. Instead you stare blankly at the screen doing absolutely nothing for an hour instead of farming, then complain all the time about how you have no arts or steel.

#74294 by Shieldity Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:43 am
Draconis wrote:Yes an hour is a complete day, sure that line of reasoning holds up. What you meant to say was "I just wanted to complain about something I'm jealous of but have no self control to dedicate a fraction of my time to it.", I get it, almost understandable. You've been playing for two years, or damned near, and with the light amount of farming I described you would have 200 mil steel right now. Instead you stare blankly at the screen doing absolutely nothing for an hour instead of farming, then complain all the time about how you have no arts or steel.

How about you farm steel yourself and look how boring it is, you repeat everything every 3 minutes, it's pointless, prob gives you upgrades but still not really "fun" it's a part of the game and how about I don't want to go nolife for 1 month? No ty.

Hope you felt good after writing this kinda agressive comment though lol.

#74301 by hugojmaia Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:20 pm
GuestNINJAS wrote:
Draconis wrote:Yes an hour is a complete day, sure that line of reasoning holds up. What you meant to say was "I just wanted to complain about something I'm jealous of but have no self control to dedicate a fraction of my time to it.", I get it, almost understandable. You've been playing for two years, or damned near, and with the light amount of farming I described you would have 200 mil steel right now. Instead you stare blankly at the screen doing absolutely nothing for an hour instead of farming, then complain all the time about how you have no arts or steel.

How about you farm steel yourself and look how boring it is, you repeat everything every 3 minutes, it's pointless, prob gives you upgrades but still not really "fun" it's a part of the game and how about I don't want to go nolife for 1 month? No ty.

I think you're looking at steel farming the wrong way here. I'll admit that the best method that is mithrillion left side is also the most boring by miles.
You can get around 200k an hour with bionic queens, nowhere near as fast but those also provide iridium, plasma and hydrogen in somewhat the correct proportion.
There's the cleaner in cynapsian, about the same steel per hour as the bionic queens.
There's the advectorian in sarkinon, that one's a bit slower still, but with more than enough stuff thrown into the screen to keep you distracted.
There's also the executor, though I'm pretty sure that one is out question if you don't have a team ready.

A couple months ago when I was around my most active I'd get around 400k steel a day, I did the mithrillion left farming about once a week for less than half an hour. I could never stand the boredom for long enough, so I didn't force myself to stay there for long periods of time.
#74302 by TheScythe Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:31 pm
With a correctly optimised setup, build and technique, it's possible to make 4 million an hour.

There's 3 things that's necessary for an mmo - time, strategy, currency. If you don't have all of those, it's possible to compensate with the others.

TheDepraved
#74303 by BrianN Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:01 pm
GuestNINJAS wrote:How about you farm steel yourself and look how boring it is, you repeat everything every 3 minutes, it's pointless, prob gives you upgrades but still not really "fun" it's a part of the game and how about I don't want to go nolife for 1 month? No ty.

And your comment "farm steel yourself" is pretty agressive too. You dont think Drac's put through tons of work over the years to get to where he's at? Check yourself
Bio Queens are also decent for xp if need be, and they are more engaging because they arent one hit kills. Ive rarely (maybe 2.5 hours total) farmed mit left...but I have farmed a ton of bio queens for the reasons mentioned. Ive got 3 fully functional ships (recycling the tens of thousands of lvl140+ arts helped too) now. Another HUGE thing is that I actually played the freaking game and didnt suck off of other people. I didnt get ANY help under lvl50 and didnt start really doing things in a team till left side of fulz. People that 'get help' more than sparingly end up with less skill and less minerals at endgame. Sure, they get there quicker, but then they have no fun because they arent ready for it.

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” -Edmund Burke
#74319 by Draconis Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:28 am
Good point briann, thank you. I did have to put in plenty of work to even be capable of farming this lazily.

And to guest, damn straight, i did farm for myself. You ask anyone who has been chased out of mit by me when refresh farming the queen was a thing, that wasn't nearly as boring as the current tactic tho. After that I farmed sidus and judi using regi, and after that came executor.

You complain all the time about how farming is so much work, and I just proved it is not. hugojmaia also proves it, as he points out all the different ways there are of keeping it interesting as well proving my point about not needing to no life it. A little here and there adds up, i used to farm an hour in the morning and an hour at night, which is twice as much farming as i just told you about doing for an easy 100mil. Stop complaining and do something besides leech or sit in a safe zone and you wouldn't have to be jealous of others.

#74332 by bolbi Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:47 am
TheScythe wrote:With a correctly optimised setup, build and technique, it's possible to make 4 million an hour.

There's 3 things that's necessary for an mmo - time, strategy, currency. If you don't have all of those, it's possible to compensate with the others.

:shock: I need to rethink my farming. . .

" 'Whatever you want people to do for you, do the same for them.'
(International Standard Version, Luke 6.31)"
#74333 by Draconis Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:28 am
bolbi wrote:
TheScythe wrote:With a correctly optimised setup, build and technique, it's possible to make 4 million an hour.

Have to assume he's talking about killing exec in seconds and farming nearby sidus/judi in between the minute it takes exec to respawn, while recycling all the arts. A completely unrealistic task for anyone.

#74337 by Bellatrix Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:50 am
Draconis wrote:
bolbi wrote:

Have to assume he's talking about killing exec in seconds and farming nearby sidus/judi in between the minute it takes exec to respawn, while recycling all the arts. A completely unrealistic task for anyone.

I think he farmed exe, sidius, judi and regious in a vindi that way using vindiport and ef. But that requires some unique arts I would say.

Bellatrix, the shinning star of Astroflux
#74338 by mt10kardans Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:09 am
Draconis wrote:
bolbi wrote:

With haxs everything is realistic
#74343 by Shieldity Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:05 pm
You still forgot that I soloed the majority of npc for the first time myself, brian. I was already doing the renegade farm at level 30 without help. I went into Ninjas and we made long farming sessions. That's the only moment I got "help" (Including exec and judi) And I don't really belive this is "sucking it off others"

I probably got a low amount of steel for low steel farming,, I prioritized arts instead, at one point I was farming 5k blob arts/week because at least blobs are challenging you need to time their beam and it isn't something like mit left where you can afk farm it,

You forgot that I try to add weapons with the corresponding bonus ships, I can't pvp properly because of a bad Wi-fi but I can still compete with a lot of others PvPers out there.

Ending up with less skill
Didn't you die a lot of times against me while I died only a few tiles because of backstabbing? ;)

Edit: not to brag but you don't need to criticize me on my skill when you actually have low to none in your next post.

#74345 by BrianN Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:30 pm
That second paragraph was my old man rant on the general state of AF now...GENERAL. I dont know how you specifically played the game, just pointing out what I have observed.
I didnt criticize your skill...you criticized mine. That seems to be a pattern that you see that someone is doing something (that they arent) then you fire right back and do it yourself.

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” -Edmund Burke