Ask and answer questions about AstroFlux.
#74182 by GoatusMax Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:36 am
I see a lot of higher level players using a lot of starting ships and mention that some of them are their favorite ships. My question to all of you is simply... Why? What's the draw? Less bonuses, if any and no base stat boosts. What's the purpose of this?
#74184 by bolbi Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:00 am
To keep us from getting bored with the very strong few end game ships, and cause it was the first ship a person ever got, and what you mentioned, there isn't as many bonuses or stats, so a bigger challenge to make usable. Those are my reasons at least.

" 'Whatever you want people to do for you, do the same for them.'
(International Standard Version, Luke 6.31)"
#74187 by Bellatrix Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:13 am
GoatusMax wrote:I see a lot of higher level players using a lot of starting ships and mention that some of them are their favorite ships. My question to all of you is simply... Why? What's the draw? Less bonuses, if any and no base stat boosts. What's the purpose of this?

To have fun, at lvl 150 with lvl 150 arts you can make most ships OP, so you use what ever you want to have fun. If you need to do some serious leveling or farming you will always go to the ship that is the most efficient. At those levels you can also have several ships upgraded.

I use Golden heart for pvp, not because it is the best, but because I like it. I use blade for most PVE farming because it is the most efficient way to kill things. I use assasin, vindi and some more ships to test out builds and weapons and for fun.

I am currently at 220 milion steel, and I know those who have a lot more.

Dont forget this is a game with the purpose of having fun.

Bellatrix, the shinning star of Astroflux
#74260 by laserbreak12 Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:22 am
I had a higher damage output with the astro falcon than that piece of utter joy. Whoever made the spy-1 deserves to be flipping hugged
Last edited by bolbi on Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:50 pm, edited 2 times in total. Reason: Removed inappropriate words
#74261 by WishingStar Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:49 am
The Spy-1 is obviously meant to be a kinetic ship. Are you seriously calling it "worse than a starter ship" because it doesn't work well with non-kinetic weapons?

Also, using that kind of language is never necessary.
#74263 by laserbreak12 Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:57 am
Apart from the -80% to other types of damage, even if I have fully upgraded shield and health arts from an enemy like the regius, I can still get one shotted by a player 20 levels below me because the shite-1's base health and shield are abysmal.
#74264 by WishingStar Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:30 am
laserbreak12 wrote:Apart from the -80% to other types of damage, even if I have fully upgraded shield and health arts from an enemy like the regius, I can still get one shotted by a player 20 levels below me because the spy-1's base health and shield are abysmal.

Abysmal?!

The Spy-1's shield is very good. It's better than every ship in its price range, and it's only slightly less than that of the Retro, a ship that costs nearly 1000 flux more. In fact, the only other ship that has better base shield than it (other than the Tanker, which is slow, has no damage bonuses, is getting nerfed, and still costs a lot more than the Spy-1) is the Judicator Prototype, which costs 5980 flux.

As its stats clearly indicate, it's meant to be a shield ship, so don't complain if you try to use health% artifacts with it and don't like the result.
#74266 by TheSupreme Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:11 pm
We use horrible ships as a way to show off our strength. The spy-1 however is an excellent well rounded mini judicator. Personally I prefer the prophecy - I'm an energy guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVyp40P2l4c

This video wouldn't be as cool if I had used the nexar blade.

#74267 by laserbreak12 Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:57 pm
WishingStar wrote:
laserbreak12 wrote:Apart from the -80% to other types of damage, even if I have fully upgraded shield and health arts from an enemy like the regius, I can still get one shotted by a player 20 levels below me because the spy-1's base health and shield are abysmal.

Abysmal?!

The Spy-1's shield is very good. It's better than every ship in its price range, and it's only slightly less than that of the Retro, a ship that costs nearly 1000 flux more. In fact, the only other ship that has better base shield than it (other than the Tanker, which is slow, has no damage bonuses, is getting nerfed, and still costs a lot more than the Spy-1) is the Judicator Prototype, which costs 5980 flux.

As its stats clearly indicate, it's meant to be a shield ship, so don't complain if you try to use health% artifacts with it and don't like the result.

I AM USING SHIELD ARTS!

Im here to steal your arts boi
#74269 by DevNull Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:36 pm
Are you using health to shield convert arts? if not than theres your mistake...Max out health than convert that over to shield and than use the max shield ET and and max health ET.

I dont have many friends, I just know alot of people
#74277 by WishingStar Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:33 pm
laserbreak12 wrote:I AM USING SHIELD ARTS!

Then either your artifacts are bad, or you haven't put enough steel into shield upgrades. Either way, it's your fault, not the ship's.

DevNull wrote:Are you using health to shield convert arts? if not than theres your mistake...Max out health than convert that over to shield and than use the max shield ET and and max health ET.

Huh? We're talking about the Spy-1 here, a ship with a shield stat of 10 but a health stat of 1. Trying to use a health-to-shield setup on it wouldn't work well at all.