Ask and answer questions about AstroFlux.
#73753 by mt10kardans Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:04 am
So yesterday after heavy blob farming i started to wonder what is other players dps on their blob set and how effective they farm them? Here is mine:
With this glass set i farm around 2k blob arts per hour.
#73754 by Shieldity Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:19 am
1.25min in paper
1m with an all res

The player above this signature first played in september 2014 and joined the following clans : NINJAS, United Nations, NINJAS III, NINJAS, Defiance (Kicked unfairly), and is now in Blue Hawks Elite!

Ask for help in game if you need !
#73779 by Draconis Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:52 pm
I use Electrocute lately, with 5.3mil dps. Kills a normal blob in 2s, working on an energy res build to hopefully face tank many blobs at the same time. If I don't use the longer lasting hardened shield tech then I die while the blob has a sliver of health left.
Last edited by Draconis on Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#73780 by BrianN Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:46 pm
At a certain point, your dps doesn't really help your blobs/hr as much as your tactics and skill.

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” -Edmund Burke
#73781 by bolbi Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:29 pm
Draconis wrote:I use Electrocute lately, with 5.3mil dps. Kills a normal blob in 2s, working on an energy res build to hopefully face tank many blobs at the same time.

:shock: Now I remember what it all the new level 100 players feel like seeing me with my arts...

" 'Whatever you want people to do for you, do the same for them.'
(International Standard Version, Luke 6.31)"
#73790 by The_Grudge Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:09 am
I have maxed damage Et on kpb yet I'm only at 1.1 million dps? And R Et is rof maxed also
Attachments
image.png
image.png (11.28 KiB) Viewed 531 times

And the cloud that took the form
(When the rest of Heaven was blue)
Of a demon in my view.

Ships for you under general discussion will be added daily ;)!!!!
#74586 by Jpsi Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:17 am
Same setup than you MT - lower arts of course, but I have a nice 1.8m dps (full energy) and kill the 8 blobs + wait for new wave (= all cyclus) in less than 5 minutes (average of 4 minutes, sometime I die stupidly with an aura). My quicker way to get a cycle is something like 3.5 min. There is minimum 72 arts per cycle (no aura = 8 blobs x 9 arts), so on average let's take a maximum of 74 arts (that's on average 2 aura blobs per cycle, or one higher blobs).

I do something like 17 waves per hour, so I am at ~1.25k arts an hour, I must do something wrong o.O How do you get 2k arts per hours ? With 3 min it's still less than 1.5k art an hour, and you should not get green or gold blobs to get that number (or you know of to kill a gold without dying in full paper - green are also a pain - blue are quite doable if you let them rotate, but still a little risky).

The quicker repop I can get is 45sec. Then I kill one blob (aggro ~ 10 sec, kill < 2.5 sec, waiting and collecting arts + reposition something like 7.5 sec)**. 8 blobs = 2 min 40 sec, which gives a total of something like 3.5 min for a complete cycle.

NB: electrocute will works better as we lose some dps on blade (compare to the number we have) because of the kinetic component of the weapon.

** edit: I just tested this again, I wrote first that the aggro was ~5 sec, but then I saw in game that I am killing a blob just a little quicker than the R cooldown, which is 24 sec in my setup, so I am on average at 20 sec per blob, and not 15 sec. I corrected this in the text/calculation.
Last edited by Jpsi on Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

#74587 by hugojmaia Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:50 am
I just remembered something important here.
Not killing the last blob in the set causes the whole set to respawn faster.
#74589 by Jpsi Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:54 am
hugojmaia wrote:I just remembered something important here.
Not killing the last blob in the set causes the whole set to respawn faster.

This is what I heard yes, but are you really sure ? Basically, it's also mean you get 7 blobs per cycle instead of 8, so even if it's true, you have to compare the total of blobs you can get per hour using the "fast" repop and the "slow" one (= killing all the blobs). I actually doubt this would be beneficial, but I am not sure.

#74590 by Jpsi Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:40 pm
Ok we just tested this with hugoj.

We got ~50 sec repop when killing all blobs.
We got ~30 sec repop when killing all but one blobs. One time it went up to 45 sec, but I don't know exactly why.

Killing all blobs gives you 136 blobs an hour (cycle = 8 * 20sec + 50sec = 3 min 30 sec, so 17 cycles an hour, and you kill 8 blobs each cycle).
Killing all but one gives you 147 blobs an hour (cycle = 7 * 20sec + 30sec = 2 min 50 sec, so 21 cycles an hour, and you kill 7 blobs per cycle).

You gain 8% more arts per hour with letting one blobs lives, and you can skip some aura blobs if you want (so it's a little bit more flexible). So indeed the second method is better (if the repop is indeed 30 sec - I am still puzzled by that one time we got 45 sec).

ps: I also saw that on average, I could kill 2 blobs in full dps, during the time hugo was killing one blob in a resist setup, so I would suggest to use full dps if you have the arts to kill blobs within 2.5 sec and manage to stay alive in most situation in paper mode.

ps2: farming 2000 arts per hour means 218 blobs per hour (including an aura each 5 blobs), meaning killing 31 waves with 7 blobs in 1min26sec each (something like 12 sec per blobs), or killing 27 waves with 8 blobs in less in 1min23sec each (something like 10sec per blobs). Maybe doable by killing multiple blobs and not waiting to get arts ?
Last edited by Jpsi on Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#74591 by Draconis Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:43 pm
Some people are good enough to lure and kill blobs 2-3 at a time. You don't have to wait to pick them up because you'll be picking them up as the next one dies, saves you a few seconds per blob by grabbing the previous set of arts after killing the next one.

In my res+rof+dmg% setup with the 5.3m dps I can kill 2 blobs per lure without them firing a second beam.

#74592 by Jpsi Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:54 pm
Draconis wrote:Some people are good enough to lure and kill blobs 2-3 at a time. You don't have to wait to pick them up because you'll be picking them up as the next one dies, saves you a few seconds per blob by grabbing the previous set of arts after killing the next one.

In my res+rof+dmg% setup with the 5.3m dps I can kill 2 blobs per lure without them firing a second beam.

To lure, do you use twice projector (for instance) ? I can kill 2 blobs in one go too, although it's a bit more risky. I generally do that when my painter lure another by mistake.

I would also be interested by the technique of MT to archieve 2k arts per hour.

#74595 by Draconis Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:18 pm
I lure with painter as well, and that accidental two at a time is exactly how it happens for me too. I'm never in that much of a rush that I need 2-3 at a time, just that I know I could if I wanted to because I have on accident so many times. Using an all res art with 85% energy damage on it, that bit of defense from all res mean it isn't quite as risky for me, can easily shrug off a few void tentacles.