Ask and answer questions about AstroFlux.
#72132 by Reflection_Geek Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:08 am
Is there a formal list of PvP penalties (like how much sh / hp is reduced / capped, dmg reduced on weapons, etc.)? If so can any one link me to it, and if not, can anyone make me one? Just interested. Thenks :)

"Life for the sake of life means nothing." - Bra'tac
#72137 by hugojmaia Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:40 am
What I've heard so far is that everyone gets their ship stats set to the minimum level of the bracket and I believe that includes troons.
#72177 by bolbi Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:00 am
In PvP arenas all stats are that of a level 100 player so you have the RoF/Regen/power regen/shield/HP/armor of a level 100 player.

http://forum.astroflux.org/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5649#p37394 here's a link to ship stats forum post there is a google docs sheet by Jpsi that shows how much hp/armor/shield/regen you get just change the stuff at the top to whatever you have and make sure the level is set to 100

as for weapons damages in PvP there are certain weapons that have increased damage in PvP but there is no list yet of all the changes, I was working on a list a while back, but got caught up with work and school, so I'll try and get it done just no garuntees on doing it very soon.

" 'Whatever you want people to do for you, do the same for them.'
(International Standard Version, Luke 6.31)"
#72550 by bolbi Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:24 am
Yes.

Basically you can separate any damage dealt into two categories, damage dealt to or received from a Cpu aka mob, or damage dealt to or received from a player.

So there are, or were, a few weapons that have, or had, buffs/nerfs to their "PvE damage" (damage to or from mobs)

And then there is damage dealt or received, from player to player which is what we call PvP damage.

Any of the modifications of damage in these two aspects is done after all other modifiers (90% certain it's after armor but not confirming that) so basically you take the DPS and then multiply by the increase or decrease.

#72551 by Spaceman Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:31 am
Thanks bolbi. I have another question. Does the attacking player see a 50% resist cap on other players in the systems (hyperion etc)? Does the 50% resist cap apply to cpu damage done to players as well? If there is this two different systems applied, shouldn't this be shown in the hud tooltips and upgrades? Perhaps have two tabs, one for pvp and pve, so that you see how the values change in the hud and for elite techs in the upgrade menu.

#72554 by bolbi Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:30 am
Yes so when talking about PvP damage there is a cap on the amount of damage that can be blocked by resists and that is 50%. So for fighting players anything higher than 50% all resist does nothing but buffer against resist debuff weapons. And armor has a similar thing in that the maximum it can block is 75% of the damage.

I might be mistaken on the PvE one so sorry if I'm wrong

For PvE damage there is actually 2 different things that happen.

- When you deal damage the armor and resists of mobs aren't limited, with the exception of dealing 1 damage minimum.
- When you take damage from mobs, the maximum your resists can effect the damage is 75% and Armor can block up to 90% of that damage.

And it is very briefly explained when you hover over your shield and health in game. However it generally just confuses people that see it rather than help them.

I think the most confusing partfor most players is that the caps are taken into account when the damage is dealt, not changed from system to system.