Ask and answer questions about AstroFlux.
#71391 by wattbatt Sat May 06, 2017 9:31 am
i'll ask it with an example:

let's say in a pod you have 33%chance to win a bad ship, 33%chance to win a good ship, and 33% chance to get an artifact.

If i win the bad ship, i have it already, so the new probabilities of the pod rewards are 50% to win the good ship, 50% to win an artifact now?

The real question is: every time i win an "unique" reward, such as a ship or a weapon, the probability of winning the other ships is bigger right? Cuz i cant win the same ship 2 times...
#71394 by bolbi Sat May 06, 2017 4:57 pm
Yep as far as I can tell it's what Scythe said, so to answer your question. Everything has the same chance to drop everytime you open a pod (with the exception of when you buy a ten pack). The way I look at it is this.

1st - chance that pod will be x rarity. If you buy a ten pack of pods then one of the pods in that ten pack will have it's chance of being a "common" and "uncommon" rarities removed, the other nine will all be normal.

2nd - chance of what is in the pod, so whatever rarity it is (from previous step) it'll have a probability for what type of prize that fits that rarity, i.e. art, resources, flux, weapon, ship, etc.

Another way I like to visualize it is you have 4 folders (common, uncommon, rare, legendary), inside those 4 folders is everything you can actually get. Which appears to be a frick ton of arts in my case.

I'm not saying that's exactly how it works however it helps to visualize how it works, for me at least.

" 'Whatever you want people to do for you, do the same for them.'
(International Standard Version, Luke 6.31)"
#71395 by Bellatrix Sat May 06, 2017 5:43 pm
My experience is the same

I get flux for weapons/ships I already have, they few times I have bought 10 pack of pods I have received a rare pod at the last of the 10, I guess it will auto give you a rare on the last if you have not received one earlier...

I have not tried to open pods on ships with little weapons on them but I doubt that it affects the outcome.

I just allways open the pods on my ship with all the weapons I have copied on it, to max the ammount of flux I get from pods.

Bellatrix, the shinning star of Astroflux
#71434 by traf Tue May 09, 2017 11:58 pm
One time I bought a bunch of pods and opened them all on my brand new vindicator. I got like 20 different weapons from that. So yes, it matters if the ship you open them on already has the weapons.

Please feel free to private message me!

"Do not rebuke mockers or they will hate you; rebuke the wise and they will love you."

“Don't write so that you can be understood, write so that you can't be misunderstood.”
― William Howard Taft