Ask and answer questions about AstroFlux.
#70914 by TBNRKekOnDeck Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:16 pm
So, I just got skeletor. I got level 6 power, engines, health, and shield. I also got level 6 Razor, level 6 Acid Blaster, level 6 Skeletor Lightning, level 6 Plankton Siphon Gland, And a level 0 Energy Nova. Any suggestions on ETs and different weapons maybe? I have 14 shield, 18k health. Flat 610 corrosive (including ship buff.)

Thanks.
#70919 by PurpleVind Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:14 pm
On acid blaster, lightning, and gland, attack speed et works well. They are all stacking weapons, so you need to hit a lot of times quickly. You may want to put damage debuffs et on nova, and get a shield debuffs weapon, like blue smart gun. You can also try to farm cleaner for acid spore, or buy and transfer particle gun from Neutron X ship. That is what I can think of for now.
#70922 by bolbi Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:35 pm
Here's something I posted for answering another player about what ETs and such to choose (it starts about the middle of the post)
http://forum.astroflux.org/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=11623#p67426

And on other weapons you've got all you pretty much need with Acid blaster (longer range), PSG (immediate dps/heal), and CL aka skele lighning (major stacking DoT) so other weapons you would want to possibly fill in the last 2 slots would be debuff weapons such as Nuke, algae nova gland, or yellow smart gun for corrosive resist debuff. Also depending on what you're killing you may need one or more of heal, shield regen, armor, or damage debuffs. For these you can look on the wiki to see what weapons you could use for these debuffs cause there are to many that are effective enough to narrow down a list of suggestions, IMO

" 'Whatever you want people to do for you, do the same for them.'
(International Standard Version, Luke 6.31)"
#70965 by bolbi Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:09 am
I also should mention that you probably want to focus a bit more on damage, especially cause you use PSG, and from what you said about your stats I'm goning to assume you're below level 50 (safe guess, correct me if I'm wrong of course) so look for attack speed arts from whatever high level enimes you can kill easy enough, I'm thinking along the lines of spy-1s in zerg or dmats in kirt, If my estimate on your level isn't way off those would drop enough arts to be worth farming from.

#71066 by TBNRKekOnDeck Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:19 pm
So right now I'm level 62. I do about 19k dps on PSG with disable healing elite tech. I only use other weps for bosses and minibosses and pvp. And I have lag so 360 auto aim is a must have, when I'm fighting MB. I also got the monachus and I'm not really sure if I should use that, Locust Hatchery, or nova. (The current weps I can use.)
I mainly use acid blaster for the dreadqueen and PSG for killing the algeas. I don't have very good stats. :( I only have a single +24% RoF art which is pretty bad so I just have two flat corro dmg (about +450 flat not including +400 from skeletor).
Thanks for the advice.
#71069 by bolbi Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:54 pm
I'd focus more on getting better arts I'm pretty sure i've gotten 40% (or higher) attack speed arts from MB (been awhile though so I could be wrong) then focus on doing rengade tanker (there are some good youtube videos on how to do this at really early levels Nagasaki has one at like level 16 or something like that) also resist debuff weapons can be useful at this point in the game, it'll at least make the kills faster.

#71114 by Draconis Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:23 am
I assume the disable healing ET on siphon is to make neurona easier correct? I used that as well for dealing with plankton and raiders. If that's the goal then I hope it isn't more than level 1, no need to waste resources on an elite tech you won't need much longer. A good replacement later on is infested missiles with disable healing, hits the whole group at once, and another would be blood claw.

#71153 by TBNRKekOnDeck Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:31 pm
Yeah, I have now switched to a paper build, three RoF arts for a total of like 90% inc RoF and two flat corrosive arts for about +650. I mainly use my siphon gland, otherwise I will died in two seconds. I'll check out how to solo the tanker. Thanks!