Ask and answer questions about AstroFlux.
#69459 by Shieldity Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:47 pm
Hey girls, I recently told myself about being a pvp player, I can farm blobs, having access to some of the best arts in the game, my crew is almost full 500/500/500 (Diplo is almost there) and yet my arts are still garbage (Even if they arent upgraded)

Best rof : 75.9% fully upgraded
Best en% : 155.1% fully upgraded
Best omni damp (descent) 101.1% 8 upgrades
Best health% : 342.8%, 102.8 energy damage

Ship : blade

Weapons : KPB, Smart gun, piercing, hkl, spheres

Others weapons : Didn't choose

Hero of 2016 : TheShredder aka TheSurgeon aka SirAl aka idk if he has another name

All feedbacks are welcome

EDIT: Changed art stats, and weapons.
Last edited by Shieldity on Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The player above this signature first played in september 2014 and joined the following clans : NINJAS, United Nations, NINJAS III, NINJAS, Defiance (Kicked unfairly), and is now in Blue Hawks Elite!

Ask for help in game if you need !
#69461 by bolbi Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:26 pm
Don't strive to match what supreme is showing, it'll take you a very long time to come close to those stats, however the point that needs to be made is that it doesn't really matter what your "best arts" in one particular stat are, you want to be looking for good combo arts. I've got a pvp setup that has about 550% shield with a convert to hp, 50% all resist, 200% armor and some IAS and damage mainly cause all my arts have some sort of way to combo with each other. For instance a converter with all resist and a damage type I find quite often (though most of the time without high enough stats to be worth keeping) and on occasion I'll find the same kind of art but with a inc. Speed or shield/hp % line, something like that. It doesn't really matter what you best art is for one particular stat, you want to look out for better arts that have multiple useful lines on them. One last example from my arts, I've got a my highest corrosive flat art is about 1300 damage but my second highest, and far superior art is 1050 damage with a 150% hp line on it. Basically I'd rather have a ton more shield than have a tiny bit more damage.

And Supreme I don't think they were saying that is their art setup, I think they were just saying those to give us an idea of how average their arts were (and dispite what you're gonna say, yes I believe those arts would be pretty average for most players, in terms of highest for one stat, heck most of those are better than my highest XD)

" 'Whatever you want people to do for you, do the same for them.'
(International Standard Version, Luke 6.31)"
#69555 by Shieldity Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:10 pm
bolbi wrote:Don't strive to match what supreme is showing, it'll take you a very long time to come close to those stats, however the point that needs to be made is that it doesn't really matter what your "best arts" in one particular stat are, you want to be looking for good combo arts. I've got a pvp setup that has about 550% shield with a convert to hp, 50% all resist, 200% armor and some IAS and damage mainly cause all my arts have some sort of way to combo with each other. For instance a converter with all resist and a damage type I find quite often (though most of the time without high enough stats to be worth keeping) and on occasion I'll find the same kind of art but with a inc. Speed or shield/hp % line, something like that. It doesn't really matter what you best art is for one particular stat, you want to look out for better arts that have multiple useful lines on them. One last example from my arts, I've got a my highest corrosive flat art is about 1300 damage but my second highest, and far superior art is 1050 damage with a 150% hp line on it. Basically I'd rather have a ton more shield than have a tiny bit more damage.

Of course! I was just showing what my arts looked like even though they're completely crappy

And Supreme I don't think they were saying that is their art setup, I think they were just saying those to give us an idea of how average their arts were (and dispite what you're gonna say, yes I believe those arts would be pretty average for most players, in terms of highest for one stat, heck most of those are better than my highest XD)

The player above this signature first played in september 2014 and joined the following clans : NINJAS, United Nations, NINJAS III, NINJAS, Defiance (Kicked unfairly), and is now in Blue Hawks Elite!

#69565 by mt10kardans Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:59 pm
TheSupreme wrote:Criticism incoming!

That could be considered a beginner PvE setup. The stats and your weapon choices do not work well at all in PvP..

Here is an example of a good pvp art set.

Thats no good pvp stats. Why need so mutch resist and that 96,7% shield line. Stats as themselves is good but i dont believe you would fight top players with these stats if you wanted to win.
#69600 by boogerrito Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:47 pm
That's actually not a terrible set -- on the contrary, it's pretty good depending on other factors like weapon/ship choice. The extra resist and shield line probably come from redundant lines on hybrid artifacts.

(directed at mt)

Swole of Body
Swole of Spirit
Swole of Mind
How to PvP
#69606 by TheSquid Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:32 pm
ik what he means, you literally have to farm arts, hours, days, weeks, months on end just to get good at pvp. I have similar arts than him XD

Helpers I
#69995 by Shieldity Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:09 pm

That could be considered a beginner PvE setup. The stats and your weapon choices do not work well at all in PvP..

Managed to match 2/3 of your setup x)
Attachments
Screenshot_14.jpg
Screenshot_14.jpg (22.96 KiB) Viewed 1026 times

#70010 by boogerrito Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:08 pm
That's decently tanky, depending on the ship you use, but it's definitely lacking in damage. You won't win any deathmatches with that build.

Depending on what weapons you use, you may want more rof or more energy%.

Swole of Body
Swole of Spirit
Swole of Mind
How to PvP
#70011 by TheSupreme Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:40 pm
GuestNINJAS wrote:

Managed to match 2/3 of your setup x)

Sorry to disappoint, that was only an example. My setup is much stronger than the listed picture. :)

#70012 by Shieldity Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:04 am
boogerrito wrote:That's decently tanky, depending on the ship you use, but it's definitely lacking in damage. You won't win any deathmatches with that build.

Depending on what weapons you use, you may want more rof or more energy%.

Of course I do lack of it, i got 295k shield in a blade/8k regen.

I can lower my shield to 225k for more rof/damage but i don't think that'd be useful, but i really should though

#70015 by mt10kardans Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:58 am
The thing is blade is very good ship. I even think best in whole game. It can deal good damage even with these stats. If there is many players in dm and not very strong players he could maybe even win dm with blade. I saw myself how some blade users runs in crowd with kpb on and picks like 5 kils in 1go.