Ask and answer questions about AstroFlux.
#68984 by TheCen Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:33 am
bolbi wrote:Just out of curiosity, Supreme and possibly Scythe, how often are you in a PvE instance of any system? (clan instances don't count) Because PvE instances are where a great majority of the player base is and I'd say most of those players don't care to go into a PvP instance.

If they are like the majority of players that stay in PVP instances, exclusively; then, their feelings are that anyone that plays in PVE instances are crap players and not worth their time. I used to think that as well for awhile. And the sentiment from many of the players that only play in PVP, is one of disdain for PVE instance players. Part of that was because PVE had so many loot/art thieves. But, that changed after the loot binding update. Now, I play in both PVE and PVP. There are far more players that are in PVE than in PVP.

WARNING:
DON'T TRUST ANY MODERATOR. THEY DELETE YOUR COMMENTS. MODERATORS IN GENERAL HAVE RUINED THE GAME PLAY OF MANY INDIVIDUALS. AND THEY JUST KEEP DOING IT. NO REGARDS FOR RESPECT.
#68990 by TheScythe Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:07 am
About venom..its more than just PvP / PvE. Its actually designed specifically for my artifacts, and playstyle. Including base stats, ship bonuses, weapon mechanics, and elite techs. On the other hand, there are many ships that are (or were) heavily PvE oriented.

Have to say that both TheCen, Supreme and bolbi are somewhat incorrect - neither extreme is the case but it's somewhere inbetween. The majority of players don't PvP..but the majority of players are also not in PvE. Ofcourse with one exception that skews the numbers: players begin the game in Hyperion friendly.

The one other thing that is more confusing.. I often see more players inside safezones then outside them. Astroflux isn't an idle/waiting game..so I wonder why so many players do that. Some, is naturally understandable. When its most..thats a concern.

TheDepraved
#68995 by DevNull Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:24 pm
Why would a ship be designed solely for YOUR artifacts when there is no chance in hell of others having the same artifacts?

Does anyone else see the BS being spewed by his post?

I dont have many friends, I just know alot of people
#68996 by TheScythe Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:36 pm
FUBAR wrote:Why would a ship be designed solely for YOUR artifacts when there is no chance in hell of others having the same artifacts?

lol

TheDepraved
#69001 by TheCen Sun Jan 29, 2017 5:17 pm
TheScythe wrote:Have to say that both TheCen, Supreme and bolbi are somewhat incorrect

Both means two. Then you listed three people. :shock:

TheScythe wrote:The one other thing that is more confusing.. I often see more players inside safezones then outside them. Astroflux isn't an idle/waiting game..so I wonder why so many players do that. Some, is naturally understandable. When its most..thats a concern.

Can't possibly be because they are chatting, going through their arts menu that is broken (devs are lazy) or they are afk. Also, safezones are places to do things... thought you would know this by now. Like recycle, upgrade, or buy ships. If you played the game you would know this... nerd. :geek:

(this was all joking.. please don't read this like I don't know he plays the game... you fools!)

WARNING:
DON'T TRUST ANY MODERATOR. THEY DELETE YOUR COMMENTS. MODERATORS IN GENERAL HAVE RUINED THE GAME PLAY OF MANY INDIVIDUALS. AND THEY JUST KEEP DOING IT. NO REGARDS FOR RESPECT.
#69002 by TheCen Sun Jan 29, 2017 5:27 pm
Time of day also dictates where players are playing. From 4am to 8am my time the majority of the game isn't joining PVP matches and are in PVE instances. That changes as the day progresses. In the evenings my time more players are joining PVP matches. I can't play the full 24 hour spectrum. But, I have been on through out the 24 hour spectrum and it's very evident that more players stay in PVE than go to PVP. Especially, with the game today where there's no restrictions on who joins PVP, but there is on arts (except for the really low level players).

Players don't have the same opportunity of getting high level arts to defend themselves as they did before the art restriction. Nothing stops the level 80 and 90s from feasting on the level 30 through 50 players in pvp systems. Their arts just don't even compare.

But, i've heard the same argument from the same people about this. "Nothing is stopping players from leveling up" - Boogerito (sorry for spelling). That somehow this makes it all fair.

So, that's why we see many players stay in PVE until the get strong enough to then do what was done to them when they first were risking PVP instances at a lower level.

WARNING:
#69003 by Bellatrix Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:19 pm
Just to reply on topic and then regarding ship design.

As mentioned the weapons and ship stats make it more suitable for pvp. There are better options in that price range, e.g. Blade great for both pve and pvp.

Regarding the fact that the ship was designed around Scythe's arts, he designed it, we voted for it, so what is the issue? He did design the ship as he wished, and he won, so no BS, just the truth...

Bellatrix, the shinning star of Astroflux
#69004 by Nightsky Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:34 pm
Bellatrix wrote:Just to reply on topic and then regarding ship design.

As mentioned the weapons and ship stats make it more suitable for pvp. There are better options in that price range, e.g. Blade great for both pve and pvp.

Regarding the fact that the ship was designed around Scythe's arts, he designed it, we voted for it, so what is the issue? He did design the ship as he wished, and he won, so no BS, just the truth...

Most of us voted for it, true. On the last day over one 8 hour night the voting of scythe's ship increased from 5 below Held's ship to 3 above. Previously it didn't went that fast at all. Not accusating anyone here. Just to clearify something here.

We have such a beautiful community.
#69005 by DevNull Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:36 pm
TheScythe wrote:
FUBAR wrote:Why would a ship be designed solely for YOUR artifacts when there is no chance in hell of others having the same artifacts?

lol

Mod protected, FulaFisken approved.

LOL

I dont have many friends, I just know alot of people
#69007 by bolbi Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:36 pm
TheScythe wrote:About venom..its more than just PvP / PvE. Its actually designed specifically for my artifacts, and playstyle. Including base stats, ship bonuses, weapon mechanics, and elite techs. On the other hand, there are many ships that are (or were) heavily PvE oriented.

I get what you are saying here Scythe, however I'm guessing you were basing that off of some great arts that you've got. But we are also talking in general, not just one person, even if that one person is the creator and based it on their own preferences.

Meaning, since this probably started something like, "Is Venom a good ship?" on global, so you have to generalize it, yes it is a good pvp ship in some cases, however to most of us, who don't have whatever arts you guys in Depraved seem to have, this isn't a very good ship.

" 'Whatever you want people to do for you, do the same for them.'
(International Standard Version, Luke 6.31)"
#69008 by Bellatrix Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:06 pm
Nightsky wrote:
Bellatrix wrote:Just to reply on topic and then regarding ship design.

Most of us voted for it, true. On the last day over one 8 hour night the voting of scythe's ship increased from 5 below Held's ship to 3 above. Previously it didn't went that fast at all. Not accusating anyone here. Just to clearify something here.

Lets put this to rest shall we? If you bring up this, then you accuse some, if not do not bring it up, it is not relevant in any way to this thread or the topic at hand... There is already a thread and an explanation to why so many voted and why they voted on that ship. If you do not believe in that explanation or you want to bring something up, please do it with some facts or some evidence, otherwise this is nothing more or less then the roumour spreading back in school "You know what she did?" "Did you hear what they said to that guy?" "My friend told me they did this"...

I dont want to be harsh, but either you bring some facts to the table or you leave it be I really hate this not saying that someone rigged something but just saying it could be rigged...

#69013 by Nightsky Sun Jan 29, 2017 11:14 pm
If it doesn't fit into this topic, why do you reply then instead of writing me a private message? This doesn't add up. Write me a private message and i can state you my own point of you, or do it not, your decision.

The Venom was based on the art setup of scythe. Nothing wrong with this. Most of us probably have a ship idea based on our own preferences. What bugs me is the statement that this ship is PvP based... Besides that i never see this ship, i've never seen this ship in PvP either. Probably because the weapons are just average compared to other elite weapons.

We have such a beautiful community.
#69016 by Bellatrix Mon Jan 30, 2017 5:43 am
Nightsky wrote:If it doesn't fit into this topic, why do you reply then instead of writing me a private message? This doesn't add up. Write me a private message and i can state you my own point of you, or do it not, your decision.

The Venom was based on the art setup of scythe. Nothing wrong with this. Most of us probably have a ship idea based on our own preferences. What bugs me is the statement that this ship is PvP based... Besides that i never see this ship, i've never seen this ship in PvP either. Probably because the weapons are just average compared to other elite weapons.

For the simple reason that you putting this in "public" will give the "public" questions, so to not leave those questions unanswered I replied here. This is my last reply regarding this, you got the answer to your question, you want to continue this, create a new topic in the relevant part of this forum and continue this, or PM who ever you want regarding your thoughts.

Regarding pvp and venom
Majority of the ships are not used in pvp, most people copy/use what others already do since they dont need to spend time/resources on finding out what works. Noone uses venom so getting help with setting it up is harder, then e.g. vindi.

#69019 by Bianca Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:26 pm
Bellatrix wrote:
Regarding pvp and venom
Majority of the ships are not used in pvp, most people copy/use what others already do since they dont need to spend time/resources on finding out what works. Noone uses venom so getting help with setting it up is harder, then e.g. vindi.

I use the Venom, she is such a beauty, especially with my own paint job ;)
But not in pvp as I do not pvp. With my little skills I try to use her in Fulzar left.

And I am still wondering why one ship is better for pvp and one for pve.

Time runs its own way
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trhh6BJuBqI

With a wasp at your side you never fight alone