Ask and answer questions about AstroFlux.
#68954 by Bianca Sat Jan 28, 2017 5:44 pm
Bella said ingame that the Venom is better for pvp than for pve.

I had to leave so I did not get an explanation. Maybe I can get one here?

Time runs its own way
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trhh6BJuBqI

With a wasp at your side you never fight alone
#68957 by bolbi Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:18 pm
I'd say that's mainly due to it's weapons, which are much more PvP oriented, not really enough damage to do much in PvE, the only thing it really works well with for PvE is a CL setup, which is done just as well, if not better, by Vindi or Tanker with the same setup.

Basically the only plus for it is the weapons and they are really only useful in PvP.

" 'Whatever you want people to do for you, do the same for them.'
(International Standard Version, Luke 6.31)"
#68958 by TheSupreme Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:29 pm
@bolbi you aren't going to get a good cl set for pve on a venom.

it is true that the venom is best in pvp and horrible in pve. but its it's not even good in pvp.

#68961 by bolbi Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:51 pm
Sorry wasn't very clear, I meant "works well with" as in CL is probably the weapon that works best with it (maybe acid blaster would be better, never really experimented with mine :) ) but yeah all in all, I'd never suggest the venom to anyone, at least as it is now.

On a side note, if you were thinking it'd be good as a corrosive ship I'd say Noxium beats it in pretty much every aspect.

#68964 by TheCen Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:41 pm
Bianca wrote:Thanks for your answers, but what is meant by CL?

CL is Corrosive Lightning. It actually isn't even named this in game. The real name is Skeletor Lightning.

WARNING:
DON'T TRUST ANY MODERATOR. THEY DELETE YOUR COMMENTS. MODERATORS IN GENERAL HAVE RUINED THE GAME PLAY OF MANY INDIVIDUALS. AND THEY JUST KEEP DOING IT. NO REGARDS FOR RESPECT.
#68965 by TheSupreme Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:01 pm
TheCen wrote:
Bianca wrote:Thanks for your answers, but what is meant by CL?

CL is Corrosive Lightning. It actually isn't even named this in game. The real name is Skeletor Lightning.

we call it corrosive lightning because of the death message. :)

#68969 by TheScythe Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:26 pm
Aha! Venom...

Well basically, its built for a very specific PvP set, with no regard to pve. Also built to look good 8-)

Its also the weakest corrosive endgame ship, and for good reason too! And it may or may not get nerfed even further :D

For detailed reasoning, catch me in-game and I'll be happy to discuss

TheDepraved
#68970 by TheCen Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:42 pm
So, let me get this straight. You purposely designed a ship just for PVP.. then won the design your ship contest.

Next time there's a contest consider PVE, since the majority of the game doesn't even PVP.

WARNING:
DON'T TRUST ANY MODERATOR. THEY DELETE YOUR COMMENTS. MODERATORS IN GENERAL HAVE RUINED THE GAME PLAY OF MANY INDIVIDUALS. AND THEY JUST KEEP DOING IT. NO REGARDS FOR RESPECT.
#68973 by TheSupreme Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:58 pm
TheCen wrote:So, let me get this straight. You purposely designed a ship just for PVP.. then won the design your ship contest.

Next time there's a contest consider PVE, since the majority of the game doesn't even PVP.

more pvp than pve. :)

#68974 by Nightsky Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:04 pm
TheSupreme wrote:
TheCen wrote:So, let me get this straight. You purposely designed a ship just for PVP.. then won the design your ship contest.

more pvp than pve. :)

Really? Whenever i jump into PvP and suffer from lag, i see the same players over and over again regardless of what daytime. However, on the maps i see a lot of different faces. And you try to tell me that players play more PvP? I'm really starting to lose hopes here...

We have such a beautiful community.
#68975 by TheCen Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:24 pm
There are hundreds of players that don't even leave the PVE instances. Many of which don't even go to Domination or Deathmatch. The majority of players has always been PVE. If, there were more PVP players you'd think that before the steam release you'd be able to get matches regularly. Heck, even now all I keep seeing is spam in global to join PVP matches. If there are more people playing domination/deathmatch, then why all the constant spam? You'd think there'd be matches constantly without spam.

WARNING:
#68976 by TheSupreme Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:57 pm
pvp matches are broken, few play those. as of late, there has been a big increase in pvp players.

#68977 by Nightsky Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:01 pm
A big increase doesn't equal majority. If 10 players like PvP and 100 players PvE, and now 20 more players from PvE start to love PvP, the majority is still the PvE side.

We have such a beautiful community.
#68981 by bolbi Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:19 am
Just out of curiosity, Supreme and possibly Scythe, how often are you in a PvE instance of any system? (clan instances don't count) Because PvE instances are where a great majority of the player base is and I'd say most of those players don't care to go into a PvP instance.