Ask and answer questions about AstroFlux.
#68364 by bolbi Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:58 pm
If you can tell when a player is stopped, flying straight, or drifting those are great times to fire, it'll take some practice to get used to though. Also if a player use engine boost away from you then they are going to be travelling in a straight line very easy to hit in these situations.

" 'Whatever you want people to do for you, do the same for them.'
(International Standard Version, Luke 6.31)"
#68377 by traf Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:28 pm
I should actually. Codifying what I do to snipe might scare people away from sniping though :lol:

For starters, what in the world is mouse dpi?

Please feel free to private message me!

"Do not rebuke mockers or they will hate you; rebuke the wise and they will love you."

“Don't write so that you can be understood, write so that you can't be misunderstood.”
― William Howard Taft
#68382 by bolbi Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:02 pm
just googled it, DPI stands for, Dots Per Inch. So basically how many pixels the mouse cursor on screen moves for every inch you move the actual mouse. In layman's terms, how fast the cursor moves, or the mouse sensitivity setting.

" 'Whatever you want people to do for you, do the same for them.'
(International Standard Version, Luke 6.31)"
#68496 by boogerrito Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:11 pm
My mouse is always set to 5000 DPI.

For sniping, I suggest practicing. It takes very good spacial awareness to hit enemies who are off-screen. It also helps to try to learn common patterns of movement, so it becomes easier to predict where people will be. This is also how I teleport stomp people.

Radar helps, too.

Swole of Body
Swole of Spirit
Swole of Mind
How to PvP
#69845 by TheSquid Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:13 am
yeah its pretty much all practice and watching how fast they are moving and in what direction, ask someone to tank up and help you with sniper practice, or just pvp. you will get btter

Helpers I
#69931 by Draconis Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:45 pm
Gotta say Spaceman is awesome. One of the only people I see asking the real questions. You've played a long time man, I have to assume you learned everything you could on your own and now here you are asking great questions. With just your questions alone we could compile a really nice list of very important questions and answers.

#70038 by PurpleVind Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:55 pm
A better add-on question is, how do you deliver enough damage and/or effects with just long range weapons? How do you deal with your target surviving and closing to You? I am asking for PVE and PVP.
#70039 by boogerrito Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:42 pm
PurpleVind wrote:A better add-on question is, how do you deliver enough damage and/or effects with just long range weapons? How do you deal with your target surviving and closing to You? I am asking for PVE and PVP.

For single-hit, long range weapons, one should focus artifacts on having very high damage%, as rate of fire is unnecessary for charging weapons. Once targets break neutral and begin chasing, they generally have predictable movement and attack patterns, so timing Q and repositioning to maintain proper spacing is possible in most situations. This applies to PvE, and to an extent, PvP.

Swole of Body
Swole of Spirit
Swole of Mind
How to PvP
#70057 by Spaceman Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:47 am
Draconis wrote:Gotta say Spaceman is awesome. One of the only people I see asking the real questions. You've played a long time man, I have to assume you learned everything you could on your own and now here you are asking great questions. With just your questions alone we could compile a really nice list of very important questions and answers.

Thank you Draconis. I figured other players will have the same questions too so I ask them here so they don't have to. I'm glad though that players give good answers to the questions. The wiki is good for the most part but is missing things like pvp gameplay.