Ask and answer questions about AstroFlux.
#68248 by Hyperion Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:10 am
As the title implies, how am I supposed to get points if participating in a game will still reduce points even if I move and shoot people?

Where's the point in joining a game if all that'll happen is negative feedback from it...?

(I blanked out the names from the other participants)
#68250 by bolbi Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:52 am
I am only guessing but it looks like it didn't count you as collecting any "points" for capturing bases because it was Dom. That's the only way I can think the reason could be, which is dumb cause it looks like you died twice and killed four people.

" 'Whatever you want people to do for you, do the same for them.'
(International Standard Version, Luke 6.31)"
#68253 by TheCen Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:08 am
How long did you sit AFK before you moved and killed anyone? The reason you lost points is listed on the upper left side. Doesn't make sense that you still lost points though. Dumb game design indeed.

WARNING:
DON'T TRUST ANY MODERATOR. THEY DELETE YOUR COMMENTS. MODERATORS IN GENERAL HAVE RUINED THE GAME PLAY OF MANY INDIVIDUALS. AND THEY JUST KEEP DOING IT. NO REGARDS FOR RESPECT.
#68260 by SpecialK Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:41 pm
I've had this as well. Joined dom late, got killed a few times and game ended. -50 points.

This also happens with disconnects, or bugged entries to pvp, neither of which are the player's fault.
#68283 by Hyperion Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:45 pm
While I cannot claim that I did kill at least 1 person, I most definitely capped 1+ base.

Also, this pvp system seems a bit broken if it will count you as afk if you stay too long on the base pad (whilst moving around), even if you're getting camped by people who can one-shot you.
#68319 by SpecialK Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:05 am
PVP Result - Inactive.png
PVP Result - Inactive.png (177.38 KiB) Viewed 607 times

There's another example. 2 of us got -50 as the game was so unbalanced we were unable to capture anything. (Yeah, I played pretty terrible too, but this is an AFK tax, not a stupid tax.)