Ask and answer questions about AstroFlux.
#67958 by ElectromanJW Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:01 pm
Is it against the rules for me to make a bot for farming? Just farming since it is so repetitive
#67969 by BrianN Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:21 pm
TheSupreme wrote:Go here. Read "Access and use of the Site/Game", line 10.

ROFL...prickles quoting the Terms of Use!!!

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” -Edmund Burke
#67975 by ElectromanJW Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:31 pm
But the bot is not playing the game for me, it is gathering resources, it's not like I am making a bot to farm exe or blobs or do pvp
#67979 by TheSupreme Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:54 pm
ElectromanJW wrote:But the bot is not playing the game for me, it is gathering resources, it's not like I am making a bot to farm exe or blobs or do pvp

that is actually playing for you. :)

#67985 by bolbi Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:56 pm
I'd just say in general consider any program/script/bot/whatever that would move your ship or shoot your weapons as a bannable offense.

" 'Whatever you want people to do for you, do the same for them.'
(International Standard Version, Luke 6.31)"
#68284 by Draconis Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:10 pm
I was warned by devs to stop using my bot script even tho it was a simple idle script that fired at anyone who came within range, which was a very very short range and took forever to update. Couldn't actually kill anyone unless they weren't trying to defend themselves at all. Others have been warned about using a farming bot as well. The one thing they've never bothered me about was my artifact recycle script and crew training script(both now useless after updates that negated the need) so yeah if it involves moving your ship farther than a quick turn to prevent log outs then you will get a warning for sure.