Ask and answer questions about AstroFlux.
#67769 by Draconis Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:03 pm
You won't kill it in 2s, you take several passes to do it. Pay attention to the duration of his hardened shield. I prefer using a missile like hkl with level 1 burn tech, this keeps him from turning and running should you get too far away from him. Start the fight by hitting him with a missile to trigger his shields and keep your distance for about 4s, you need to time it so that you turn around and hit the brakes right when his shield is going to drop... at which point you put your shields up and then attack for 2s. Now to keep the timing you can press speed boost after your attack, the timer for it lasts 5s making it available close to the exact time his shields drop again, after speed boosting remember to turn around and fire those hkl again to keep the dot going as well as to trigger his shields.

Using this tactic allows you to keep the fight in a relatively small area, avoiding other nearby pests. There is another method I've seen to be pretty effective, if you're near the recycle station you can pop in and out tagging him and then running back in. I don't like that one much myself but if you practice the timing it definitely can be good.

Another method, much slower than the others however, equip a cooldown art or the elite tech so that your hardened shields can be used every 2s. Now fly back and forth stacking dot with plasma gun, just like the first method you'll want to pause for 1s in front of him to apply the dot, however you need the quick recovering shields because the dot only lasts 4s.

#67810 by Draconis Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:56 am
Oh another popular one I forgot to mention, same as the plasma gun but using acid blaster and algae nova(not nuke launcher because blade's power drain) for cor debuff. It's not as dangerous as plasma gun because you got the extra range, don't even need the extra cooldown since you don't have to cut it quite as close.

This is ok if you're at the recycle station but I doubt anyone wants to take a corrosive equipped blade into the 5th inner circle XD

#67885 by Draconis Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:37 am
Spaceman wrote:Does anyone know Vorghis's dps when focused? Can you tank its damage with enough armor and spheres?

No way no how, I would eat my fist if someone can tank that thing. Sphere's can do it for a little while but once it builds focus not even the healing can protect it.

#67900 by TheSupreme Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:18 pm
Spaceman wrote:Does anyone know Vorghis's dps when focused? Can you tank its damage with enough armor and spheres?

Try running 30K-40K armor, 200K+ HP and use spheres.
This can tank the blade for upto 5-7 seconds and then you need to make it lose it's focus on you. There is no way to infinitely tank this enemy.

#67939 by Draconis Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:07 am
TheSupreme wrote:

This can tank the blade for upto 5-7 seconds and then you need to make it lose it's focus on you. There is no way to infinitely tank this enemy.

A tad useless of a build tho, unless you're using hacked arts or something the trade off from dps makes it a joke. Fun to play around with but not exactly useful in a fight.

#67957 by TheSupreme Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:57 am
Draconis wrote:
TheSupreme wrote:

A tad useless of a build tho, unless you're using hacked arts or something the trade off from dps makes it a joke. Fun to play around with but not exactly useful in a fight.

I run this easy with 370K HP and roughly 400% energy damage. :?

#67986 by bolbi Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:33 pm
TheSupreme wrote:run this easy with 370K HP and roughly 400% energy damage. :?

Not all of us have Extremely high level combo arts. Assuming you're telling the truth and the ship stats data isn't off by a lot, that is around 800% armor, 550% shield, 400% energy damage, and 75% resists (I'm just assuming on this one) in five arts! If that's easy for you, well let me tell you, and I think I speak for most normal players when I say, that is damn near impossible.

Just to put that into perspective, just counting the damage, armor, and shield, that is an average of:
80% energy damage, 110% shield, and 160% armor. On all five arts not to mention the 75% resists and 100% shield to hp lines you most likely claim to have alongwith those. I realize these are numbers that could be reached but that is either with godlike blob arts or extremely good Vorsan elite arts (which is quite counter productive as we are talking about farming in Vorsan elite) so my point is even to the players that farm a lot of blob arts those are ridiculously high numbers, not "easy" for just anyone.

P.S. I did those stats at level 150, which I know you aren't at yet Supreme.

" 'Whatever you want people to do for you, do the same for them.'
(International Standard Version, Luke 6.31)"
#67994 by TheSupreme Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:50 am
O.0
Who said anything about 75% all resist?

It really depends on how you utilize your artifacts.. any build is possible, even using artifacts that most would recycle..!

These two here are very basic. These make up of roughly 500% of the armor, resist and convert.. It's not hard at all!

and well, things like this help. :P

Edit: These are not zhersis artifacts so I would expect many people to have far greater than this.

#67996 by bolbi Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:24 am
I was more making a point on you saying it was "easy" to get those kind of stats. I personally probably could get around 75%, if not more with the arts I've got, of those stats (rough estimate, I have't actually tried) I'm by no means saying it is actually impossible, (bad choice of wording on my part) I meant that as in it takes an extraordinary amount of farming and, to an extent, luck to get those kind of arts. I've farmed blobs for about the last 6 months or so, granted I didn't farm them constantly over that time but I still go through about 5k blob arts a week, and I've still got Durian Renegade arts that I use (granted the ones I use are really good combo arts). Again the point of my post was to point out that those stats are not, from what it seemed like you were implying to me, extremely easy to get.

Also those farming numbers for me was doing it in my only good ship at the time, Crystal with LWG, once I get my blade set up I'm sure I'll be able to do it much faster, and I'm sure others with blade can do it fairly quick I'm more making a case for the player who doesn't have 4-8 hours to play everyday.

Edit: On the all resist thing, that is why I put the "assume" thing. I figured you were running at the very least 50% resists. And it seemed very unlikely you were running around Vorsan with no resists.

" 'Whatever you want people to do for you, do the same for them.'
(International Standard Version, Luke 6.31)"