Ask and answer questions about AstroFlux.
#67436 by TheCen Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:47 pm
TheSupreme wrote: Though, even this seems pointless as there really are so few non-english speakers.

Hmmm and I wonder why that is?

WARNING:
DON'T TRUST ANY MODERATOR. THEY DELETE YOUR COMMENTS. MODERATORS IN GENERAL HAVE RUINED THE GAME PLAY OF MANY INDIVIDUALS. AND THEY JUST KEEP DOING IT. NO REGARDS FOR RESPECT.
#67438 by Nightsky Wed Dec 21, 2016 4:43 pm
TheCen wrote:
TheSupreme wrote: Though, even this seems pointless as there really are so few non-english speakers.

Hmmm and I wonder why that is?

Saw enough recently... especially in low level systems where you see people asking "Spricht hier irgendjemand deutsch?" or "Habla espanol?"... You are not often enough in lowlevel systems to experience this Supreme. Especially i can tell about so many players talking German or Spanish only.

Having language chats would be great, so you can help players of a different language just perfect across the systems and it would amplify the popularity...

speaking of which, i should continue translating the game... lol

#67450 by TheKrazyKangaroo Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:38 am
If you're cussing in another language that a person can't understand, it will not hurt the other person at all. It'd be like slapping yourself in the face and expecting another person to feel the pain.
I also believe I've suggested language chats before, I think I got chat banned for it (probably cause I was using other languages too to get non-english speakers to support me) :?

#67464 by TheCen Thu Dec 22, 2016 4:09 pm
TheSupreme wrote:Perhaps because it's a game designed for an english audience? :P

Then why are the developers asking players to translate the game for them? That doesn't make a lick of sense. Kassoblockje (spelling) has already translated the game in a number of languages and it appears that a few other players have as well. So, please tell me how it's still 'designed' for English only audience; when the developers are actively having others translate the game.

WARNING:
DON'T TRUST ANY MODERATOR. THEY DELETE YOUR COMMENTS. MODERATORS IN GENERAL HAVE RUINED THE GAME PLAY OF MANY INDIVIDUALS. AND THEY JUST KEEP DOING IT. NO REGARDS FOR RESPECT.
#67590 by Fulminis Sat Dec 24, 2016 2:40 am
Wait.. you can translate the game? thread or link pls? i'd like to help translate it to my language :D
#67592 by Nightsky Sat Dec 24, 2016 3:48 am
PM the devs. It's a ton of work, trust me. Most gave up already, including me.

#67600 by Draconis Sat Dec 24, 2016 5:43 am
Only real solution to this is as others suggested, separate global chats for various languages, and leaving local chats as is. Not moderating chat and allowing chaos would just put in that ridiculous state where most people end up disabling global at all times(as evidenced in literally every game that doesn't moderate a global chat).