Ask and answer questions about AstroFlux.
#67306 by Karb Sun Dec 18, 2016 6:05 pm
Hello. When I joined this game I did a common mistake, didnt read rules. So I typed in global chat other than english language and got a very rude answer from a player. I answered rude to him too. All in global chat. After this in 1 min or so I saw a long message of which I read only 1/3 something like: Hope we will see you again in 122345 years here... The guy who wrote this seems was a moderator, because of yellow (mod) before his name. In just seconds after this message I was kicked from game and cant login now. Seems now I am banned. I understand that I did wrong, but want to know for how long am I banned now? It almost 3 days since this happens, so is it forever ban? 1 year? 1 month? Name in game is "Traf", not "traf".
#67307 by Nightsky Sun Dec 18, 2016 6:34 pm
Welcome to astroflux... Where mods are selected by "recommendations", and where threads like this are common.

We have such a beautiful community.
#67321 by BrianN Sun Dec 18, 2016 10:04 pm
This process needs to be changed, or at least give a link to where said banned player can file an appeal...I know of many people who have been banned a ton for things are really petty.

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” -Edmund Burke
#67339 by bolbi Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:57 am
From what I saw it seemed like you were trying to be a troll by having the name "Traf" (there is a mod with the name "traf"). You should definitely try and conntact the mods through that link and just explain it from your side. I will say though that there had been someone who was trolling by impersonating players in game and saying rude and inappropriate things in global with names similar to how your's and traf's are.

" 'Whatever you want people to do for you, do the same for them.'
(International Standard Version, Luke 6.31)"
#67341 by TheKrazyKangaroo Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:53 am
Trolling would fit but not for impersonating players. the word traf by the urban dictionary means The inverse of a fart, traf is fart spelled backwards. It means to suck air or other substance back up into the anal cavity. This means the person was trying to use a play on words. I doubt he was banned for this reason though especially when there's a mod with the same name :shock:

#67351 by Karb Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:36 am
I found this game on Steam. My Steam account nick name is "Traf" for 2 years. Otheral this nick I am using since World of Warcraft Open Beta in december 2004. As I first logged into Astoflux the game gave me same nickname as my Steam account is. When I realized there is another "traf", I checked if I can change my nick to newest I am using now - "Karb". I found I can change it, but for 200 flux. I think you can understand that here in game is much more things where newbie can spend flux and nick changing is last of it. In any way its not my guilt that your game toke my Steam account name and by this I must pay money, or grind in game to fix this problem which is for me not a problem at all. You should make it so that same nicks doesnt appear in game before start banning players for this.

TheKrazyKangaroo, at such manner can troll any word, name, nick etc. For example someone may think you are trolling Greenpeace by thinking an animals may be crazy and by so they must be hunt down :)
#67360 by Karb Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:34 pm
TheScythe wrote:Unbanned

Thank you.
#67362 by TheSupreme Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:59 pm
Karb leave your userID and I will fund your account with 300 flux. You can do this by typing "/myid" in game.

#67415 by traf Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:10 am
When I first saw you I should have tried talking to you, but I think at that time our policy was a bit unclear to me. Sorry you had to deal with the steam username issue :/

Please feel free to private message me!

"Do not rebuke mockers or they will hate you; rebuke the wise and they will love you."

“Don't write so that you can be understood, write so that you can't be misunderstood.”
― William Howard Taft
#67429 by TheCen Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:06 pm
Just going to say his one more time. English only in global has to be the dumbest rule I've ever seen in a game. That is all.

WARNING:
DON'T TRUST ANY MODERATOR. THEY DELETE YOUR COMMENTS. MODERATORS IN GENERAL HAVE RUINED THE GAME PLAY OF MANY INDIVIDUALS. AND THEY JUST KEEP DOING IT. NO REGARDS FOR RESPECT.