Ask and answer questions about AstroFlux.
#67247 by Fulminis Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:36 pm
Idk.. i think my skele is just weak when playing pvp... AND pve too!!!

My skeletor stats

Let's start talking about my skeletor stats..
First off.. arties!!
Now weapons!!
Now upgrades.. and ETs

So yeah.. i don't have many ETs upgraded..
My arts are.. OK??

Now PvP tactic
My tactic on pvp is "hit and run"
I circle my enemy for 1-3 secs with skele lighting and run for my life.. but this doesn't work very well because
my enemies have lots of health and healing and everything so i can't really kill them..

..let's not mention that i can't even solo 1 monarchus :roll:
#67330 by PurpleVind Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:32 am
The ship can be good, but you seem to have focused on less damage and more resists. The ship is made for DOT, but you have not increased your lightning or siphon damage much. A lack of attack speed arts make it hard for you to stack damage fast, which the weapons you have are known for. And you should have used the reduce corrosion resistance et for nuke, to help with damage. Also, the ship is not tanky, so hit and run is a way to survive. Just my thoughts.
Last edited by PurpleVind on Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
#67333 by TheSupreme Mon Dec 19, 2016 1:11 am
Your artifacts are too bad for you to be driving with all resist yet. Instead I suggest only going with resistance for the enemy you're facing. I would also try to fit some more damage into your set as well as a converter. use flat damage for corrosive lightning unless you have the +250 dmg tech on it.

#67337 by bolbi Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:39 am
Frist off the other two answers are correct. You are using weapons that are only meh without Increased Attack Speed (IAS) arts. And the thing about resists, when taking damage from a player only 50% of the resists will effect the damage taken (when taking damage from a NPC, then 75% will effect the damage taken.)

Also, for survivability, experiment with either:
For Shields - % or flat Health arts in combination with hp to shield convert arts
For Health - % or flat Shield and armor arts in combination with shield to hp convert arts

Though mainly I'd suggest trying to get some IAS arts. I'm not sure if it was/is the optimal way but I got mine at level ~50 from MB farming, and then used those to farm Durian renegades for better ones, so on and so forth.

" 'Whatever you want people to do for you, do the same for them.'
(International Standard Version, Luke 6.31)"
#67417 by Fulminis Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:27 am
bolbi wrote:Frist off the other two answers are correct. You are using weapons that are only meh without Increased Attack Speed (IAS) arts. And the thing about resists, when taking damage from a player only 50% of the resists will effect the damage taken (when taking damage from a NPC, then 75% will effect the damage taken.)

Also, for survivability, experiment with either:
For Shields - % or flat Health arts in combination with hp to shield convert arts
For Health - % or flat Shield and armor arts in combination with shield to hp convert arts

Though mainly I'd suggest trying to get some IAS arts. I'm not sure if it was/is the optimal way but I got mine at level ~50 from MB farming, and then used those to farm Durian renegades for better ones, so on and so forth.

The problem is i never get a good "IAS" art.. everything i get is below 15% and i can farm all the renegades at durian elite but still no good arts.
For a new setup i'm thinking of something like.. 2 ROF 1 Flat Corro 1 All resist around 50% atleast and 1 Shield to HP.
Or maybe a tank.. like 1 Shield battery 1 Shield to HP 1 All Resist around 50% and 1 ROF and 1 Corro flat..
The real problem is that i just meh arts..
I don't really know because i'm just starting to upgrade my ETs now.. and i'd like some advices on them too...
My arts farming spot is durian elite, DQ when i'm farming steel and some at Advectorian..
I do think theres something wrong because i see many people way stronger than me very often.
and i can't even go to the aureus side at fulzar without dying..
and at the nezerian side all i can kill are some fighters.. daemons and some others weak stuff..
#67426 by bolbi Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:04 am
On the not getting IAS arts, you'll have to go through a lot of arts to get just a few good ones. If I recall correctly when I was a level 50 farming MB I spent a few weeks without going out of Nuerona, just farming, I went through about 500 arts a day, about on average as I didn't play every day, and at the end of all that I had maybe 5-10 IAS arts that were worth keeping at my level. Then I probably spent at least a week in total hours, yes, 168+ hours farming Durian Renegades (and this was back when you could refresh farm them, so I was getting like 2-3x as many arts as you can get now, since you cannot refresh farm them anymore :cry: memories) for better arts. In other words it'll take time, or some extereme luck, to get any "good" arts, and then you'll need to farm arts that are better than those and so on and so forth.

On the art setups, experiment with different setups. my suggestion would be to try and play a few PvP matches with each setup, and then kind of start to determine what you want out of your arts. I personally prefer being a bit heavy on defense arts, though I use a Crystal so I've got good offense just from the ship. You'll have to find what works best for you. It might be as simple as, more damage cause you can dodge attacks well, or maybe using Increase Speed arts to be able to get away from people in PvP. It all depends on how you like playing. As an example before I got to doing anything in Fulzar and Vorsan, I was most always in a glass setup, at most one resist art, cause I learned to dodge most enemies' attacks in the earlier systems. Now that I'm killing stuff in those end game systems though I started using a bunch of different arts that gave me like 5x the amount of Hp as before but now I only use 1-2 damage arts, as opposed to the 4-5 damage arts I was using in earlier systems.

On the ETs I'll try to split it into different parts. Remeber that ETs scale in price very quickly (I'd suggest going for maybe level 25-50, if at all for some, and then move on to about 70 before you go all the way to 100 on any of them)
Ship Upgrades
Armor (green one for Hp/Armor) - a few different options the ones I use the most would be
- Improved Armor for a Shield to Hp build
- Maximum Health for a Hp to Shield build
Engines - I'd suggest either
- Overcharged Speed Boost, better for using the Speed Boost Glitch (E+H glitch) so better for travelling
- Improved Engines, I find this pretty good for PvP as you can get an extra 10% speed without arts meaning you're faster than the other person, if said person isn't using Improved Engines.
Power - okay now the big ones *Inhales deeply* the ones I'd suggest looking at.
- Over-Charged Weapons is best used for weapons that already benefit from % damage arts already, so you probably won't use this for the weapons you are currently using.
- Hyper-Charged Weapons is good for weapons that benefit from being fired more often, most notably Sticky Bombs (kinda irrelevant) and Stacking DoT weapons like CL, PSG also benefits quite nicely from this ET.
- Super Charged Power Boost, good for high damage burst weapons, I'm fairly certain (and correct me if I'm wrong on this, anyone) that the boost does not effect DoTs so for a Stacking DoT focused build this one would not be ideal.
Shield - this is the one, and maybe Power, that I'd say the ETs people choose varies the most, so I'll try and go over the ones I've used
- Maximum Shield, good for Shield to Hp convert builds
- Shield Regen, a popular choice for Hp to Shield convert builds for how much it increases one's survival
- Lasting Harden Shields, more for PvP than PvE most of the time, in my opinion, also not really useful unless you have it at level 100. At level 100 though you will have a half second more on Hardened Shields ability, meaning you can stay in a face to face dogfight for just a bit longer than your opponent, assuming they aren't using the same ET of course. I'd say this works better in conjunction with high DPS weapons like SF or LWG (Shadowflames and Nexar Light Wave Generator respectively)
- Rapid Recharge Harden Shields, another one that I think has more of an influence in PvP than PvE, and also isn't to useful unless maxed as well. basically you can get back in the face of your opponent sooner as your's will recharge quicker, (again assuming the other player doesn't have the same ET or a lot of cooldown in their arts/ship) *exhales satisfyingly*

Weapons
You've pretty much chosen all the ETs I'd suggest for each weapon
Skeletor Lightning (CL) I'd suggest Improved Attack Speed, faster stacking means higher DoT in less time
Acid Blaster, for fastest stacking use the Extra Projectiles ET
Plankton Siphon Gland (PSG) 2 that I'd maybe use
- Improved Attack Speed, for best DPS
- Improved Range, for ease of use
Locust Hatchery, not to sure on this one, not a weapon I've use much, but I believe that the Extra Projectiles and Improved DoT are the better ETs for it
Death Cloud, again I've not used it to much, only a long time ago, and back then the better 2 ETs for it were Improved DoT and Improved Attack Speed
Nuke Launcher, I'd say in general the only thing Nuke Launcher is really great for is the Reduce Corrosive Resistance ET, well and that is an aim-able Nova weapon that can be activated on command, but Algea Nova Gland is just as good if not better for a Nova.

Hope you find at least some of this helpful and not to intimidating.

#67428 by Fulminis Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:37 am
Thanks for the ETs suggestions! i didn't really knew what to use for the ship ETs.. the weapons i had a little idea of what to use because i asked some people which ETs are the best for them..
Now i have to farm to see what i can get.. and hopefully i can get good stuff.
#67440 by DevNull Wed Dec 21, 2016 5:49 pm
Use Algea Nova Gland for corro debuff uses alot less power and 1 button push unlike the nuke launcher

I dont have many friends, I just know alot of people
#67459 by Fulminis Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:39 am
TheSupreme wrote:I would use the yellow smartgun for a corrosive debuffer. Nearly 0 power usage and has range! :)

lol 150k troons.. thats alot for me.. i'm going to keep nuke anyways.. i don't want to use my resources in a different weapon that does the same thing lol
#67460 by Fulminis Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:58 am
Btw ive just farmed like... 750 arts from renegades at durian and i changed my setup.. now it looks like this:

Ik..ik that rof art isn't the best.. i need a better one around 50% atleast.. i'd like to know if i get 2 good rof arts what should i do with them? equip them both and just use my 75% resist or remove a corro art and use 2 rof??
I'd be kinda paper because my skele have around 10k hp/shield..
What should i do with my 61% all resist art?? maybe upgrade it rn so i can get it to 75% or wait for a better crew?
#67478 by bolbi Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:43 pm
I'd suggest setting up for farming more Renegades. I have arts from those guys that I'm still yet to find replacements for and I farm blob arts now (I'm level 126 now).

For the most part if you are farming renegades you should be able to go pretty close to full glass to kill them if you get Infested Missiles from Spy-1s in Zerg. Makes them use Energy Nova while they are in range of the Infested Missile's nova. if you know how to circle them then for the most part you'll just need some resists and hp/shield to take a hit or two from the crystals and then use Infested Missiles while you are circling to not let them shoot you and just stack DoT.

Also I'm not sure what it is like for lower levels now with the art restrictions and buff to flat hp/shield arts, but I know that if you level up your Max health/shield ET (whichever you think you want to go with) % arts for those get much better while flats won't get any better than they already are. Just wanted to mention that in case you haven't experimented with any % HP/Shield arts yet.

So for the question about what art to remove to make room for another IAS art. You'll mainly just have to experiment with what you like, obviously if remove your shield art you won't have near as much HP/Shield, but you'd have much more damage, which if you can farm without that extra HP/Shield you would be better off with the extra damage. Also you've got to consider whether or not to take off the corrosive damage art and replace it with an IAS art. You'll want to check out each, with the damage and with the IAS, your DoT multiplied by your firing rate for CL and Acid Blaster will be the most accurate for comparison as Dps does minimal overall damage compared to the DoT on both weapons (for CL take the Dps that shows up when you hover over it with your mouse and divide that by your damage per hit, in order to get your Rounds per second aka Rps, then take that number and multiply it by how much stacking DoT damage you have and you will get your DoT stacked per second amount, that was long I'll try and give an example at the end.) Or if you are using PSG to kill, then check your Dps with the some different setups.

So I'm gonna use my Skeletor's CL and a few arts (just one's that seemed about level equivalent) to do a rough example for the DoT stacked over time thing.

first setup 1 damage art 1 IAS art = +880.4 corrosive dmg, and +39.7% Inc attack speed.
so stats on CL = 1310 damage per hit, 14872.3 Dps, 8284 DoT (over 5 seconds)
So now we divide the Dps by the damage per hit to get our rounds per second (or rate of fire) 14872.3 / 1310 = approximately 11.35
Now we take our DoT and multiplyit by our rate of fire in order to get how much DoT will be stacked in a second, 8284 x 11.35 = 94,023.4

now a second setup 2 IAS arts = +64.8% inc attack speed
stats for CL = 430 Damage per hit, 5750.4 Dps, 3884 DoT
same as before, 5750.4 / 430 = approximately 13.37 rate of fire
and now the DoT, 3884 x 13.37 = 51,929.08 stacked per second

and a third setup 2 flat corrosive damage arts = +1632.5 corrosive dmg
stats for CL = 2061 damage per hit, 16820.4 Dps, 12039 DoT
16820.4 / 2061 = approximately 8.16 rate of fire
12039 x 8.16 = 98,238.24 DoT stacked per second

all of those were with Increase attack speed ET at level 1 and IAS makes that DoT stacked per second go up a lot more if the ET is leveled up, though the main reason for this was to show you how to figure out how effective your weapon will be.

For a comparison in the extreme my crystal has CL with IAS ET at level 51
best 5 IAS arts = DoT stacked per second 161,693
best 5 corrosive flat arts = DoT stacked per second 339,811
best 3 corrosive flats and best 2 IAS arts = DoT stacked per second 511,017

I listed that just to show that a happy medium between IAS and flat damage will be best for it eventually but that may depend on your arts and what level you can have the ET at.

And on the stuff about a corrosive debuff weapon I'd say you should just stick with Nuke as you already have it's ET leveled a bit, the other suggestions, I believe at least, were more for what they would use and they all have ups and downs Nuke has a slightly larger debuff, smart gun has more range, missile launcher has a high debuff and also has range but can be Nova'd, etc.

p.s. many of the other stacking DoT weapons have a stat when you hover over the weapon for Rounds per second so you can just multiply that by the DoT to find your DoT stacked per second.

p.p.s. I think I may have rambled a bit in this post so sorry for it being a bit long

#67529 by DevNull Fri Dec 23, 2016 3:57 pm
TheSupreme wrote:I would use the yellow smartgun for a corrosive debuffer. Nearly 0 power usage and has range! :)

Great idea there but alot of people dont do planet wars and this cant get the troons

I dont have many friends, I just know alot of people
#67540 by AC-Archangel Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:03 pm
bolbi wrote:...And the thing about resists, when taking damage from a player only 50% of the resists will effect the damage taken ...

Um sorry but what? This isnt really correct that im aware, do you have something from the devs to back this up?

Yeah fuminis the only thing i see you could be doing better is to convert hp to sh(or vice versa, i cant recall the stats of skele, but my clan mate iggy manages 200k shields amd for defensive wise add hp% arts to improve what little tankyness you can get.

Supreme in any dm if he just focused on one resist hed be food for any smart player. Two all resists is the better choice. Or do i need to remind you of my ridiculous under 80 dm record on my old account, using two all resists?

When the game dies remember to say sorry you didnt listen to me magnus.

http://rainmercs.freeforums.org/index.php
#67542 by TheSupreme Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:13 pm
maximum resist for all pvp damage is 50%. pve is 75%. Bolbi is correct.

I suggested 1 resist type for more of a pve thing (not a bad idea for pvp though)

also, please remind me of your dm record. I do not recall.