On the not getting IAS arts, you'll have to go through a lot of arts to get just a few good ones. If I recall correctly when I was a level 50 farming MB I spent a few weeks without going out of Nuerona, just farming, I went through about 500 arts a day, about on average as I didn't play every day, and at the end of all that I had maybe 5-10 IAS arts that were worth keeping at my level. Then I probably spent at least a week in total hours, yes, 168+ hours farming Durian Renegades (and this was back when you could refresh farm them, so I was getting like 2-3x as many arts as you can get now, since you cannot refresh farm them anymore
memories) for better arts. In other words it'll take time, or some extereme luck, to get any "good" arts, and then you'll need to farm arts that are better than those and so on and so forth.
On the art setups, experiment with different setups. my suggestion would be to try and play a few PvP matches with each setup, and then kind of start to determine what you want out of your arts. I personally prefer being a bit heavy on defense arts, though I use a Crystal so I've got good offense just from the ship. You'll have to find what works best for you. It might be as simple as, more damage cause you can dodge attacks well, or maybe using Increase Speed arts to be able to get away from people in PvP. It all depends on how you like playing. As an example before I got to doing anything in Fulzar and Vorsan, I was most always in a glass setup, at most one resist art, cause I learned to dodge most enemies' attacks in the earlier systems. Now that I'm killing stuff in those end game systems though I started using a bunch of different arts that gave me like 5x the amount of Hp as before but now I only use 1-2 damage arts, as opposed to the 4-5 damage arts I was using in earlier systems.
On the ETs I'll try to split it into different parts. Remeber that ETs scale in price very quickly (I'd suggest going for maybe level 25-50, if at all for some, and then move on to about 70 before you go all the way to 100 on any of them)Ship Upgrades Armor
(green one for Hp/Armor) - a few different options the ones I use the most would be
- Improved Armor for a Shield to Hp build
- Maximum Health for a Hp to Shield build Engines
- I'd suggest either
- Overcharged Speed Boost, better for using the Speed Boost Glitch (E+H glitch) so better for travelling
- Improved Engines, I find this pretty good for PvP as you can get an extra 10% speed without arts meaning you're faster than the other person, if said person isn't using Improved Engines. Power
- okay now the big ones *Inhales deeply* the ones I'd suggest looking at.
- Over-Charged Weapons is best used for weapons that already benefit from % damage arts already, so you probably won't use this for the weapons you are currently using.
- Hyper-Charged Weapons is good for weapons that benefit from being fired more often, most notably Sticky Bombs (kinda irrelevant) and Stacking DoT weapons like CL, PSG also benefits quite nicely from this ET.
- Super Charged Power Boost, good for high damage burst weapons, I'm fairly certain (and correct me if I'm wrong on this, anyone) that the boost does not effect DoTs so for a Stacking DoT focused build this one would not be ideal. Shield
- this is the one, and maybe Power, that I'd say the ETs people choose varies the most, so I'll try and go over the ones I've used
- Maximum Shield, good for Shield to Hp convert builds
- Shield Regen, a popular choice for Hp to Shield convert builds for how much it increases one's survival
- Lasting Harden Shields, more for PvP than PvE most of the time, in my opinion, also not really useful unless you have it at level 100. At level 100 though you will have a half second more on Hardened Shields ability, meaning you can stay in a face to face dogfight for just a bit longer than your opponent, assuming they aren't using the same ET of course. I'd say this works better in conjunction with high DPS weapons like SF or LWG (Shadowflames and Nexar Light Wave Generator respectively)
- Rapid Recharge Harden Shields, another one that I think has more of an influence in PvP than PvE, and also isn't to useful unless maxed as well. basically you can get back in the face of your opponent sooner as your's will recharge quicker, (again assuming the other player doesn't have the same ET or a lot of cooldown in their arts/ship) *exhales satisfyingly*Weapons
You've pretty much chosen all the ETs I'd suggest for each weapon Skeletor Lightning
(CL) I'd suggest Improved Attack Speed, faster stacking means higher DoT in less time Acid Blaster,
for fastest stacking use the Extra Projectiles ET Plankton Siphon Gland
(PSG) 2 that I'd maybe use
- Improved Attack Speed, for best DPS
- Improved Range, for ease of use Locust Hatchery,
not to sure on this one, not a weapon I've use much, but I believe that the Extra Projectiles and Improved DoT are the better ETs for it Death Cloud,
again I've not used it to much, only a long time ago, and back then the better 2 ETs for it were Improved DoT and Improved Attack Speed Nuke Launcher,
I'd say in general the only thing Nuke Launcher is really great for is the Reduce Corrosive Resistance ET, well and that is an aim-able Nova weapon that can be activated on command, but Algea Nova Gland is just as good if not better for a Nova.
Hope you find at least some of this helpful and not to intimidating.