Ask and answer questions about AstroFlux.
#66437 by Jack Snape Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:19 pm
I’ve been playing for about 2-3 weeks now, and I’m level 32. Before I got a chance to purchase a ship I ended up getting a Bionic Queen in a pod. I’ve played with this ship for a couple days now (with minimal upgrades), and decided I like it. It’s a tank compared to my last ship. The Jaws seem to be a formidable weapon, although they clearly need some upgrades and arts to do their best work. I’ve been using the unupgraded :?: zero gland and flamethrower (which looks epic shooting out of the queens mouth) rather than spend anything on weapons. Currently I’ve upgraded speed to 5, armor, shield, power and jaws are at 3.

I’m ready to reset my starter ship and move all my upgrades over to the Queen, but first I have a few questions for more experienced players:

What ship systems should I focus on upgrading?
The spit gland seems ineffective, replace it?
The moth zero gland seems OK, should I upgrade or replace?
Flamethrower looks great but it’s high power and short range. Is it worth using?
What other weapons would you recommend for this ship?
What types of artifacts would work well? (I have reduced cooldown and kinetic damage for jaws)
Any tips on playstyle for this tank?

Many thanks for any help.
JS
#66443 by Nightsky Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:44 pm
Important on the bionic queen is that you stay in the kinetic/Corrosive damage type range, so flame thrower is wrong on this ship... Well, not wrong, but inefficient. So you definitely should aim for kinetic and corrosive weapons such as acid blaster, Gatling gun, Railgun etc. For upgrades, you should focus on Engines, Hull and Shields, then for Jaws and then for power as jaws are quite efficient in power usage.

A recommendation i should probably make is to suggest you health and armor artifacts rather than damage. In your level the damage artifacts are low, so going for +health% on a ship with an already high health pool is better. Also, the queen already has some good damage specials on it.

Short summary: Good kinetic/corrosive based ship with many tank-abilities.

We have such a beautiful community.
#66457 by Jack Snape Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:11 am
Thanks Nightsky!
I appreciate it. I'm going to do those upgrades tonight.
I guess I knew the flamethrower wasn't great, but it's so much fun. It makes me feel like a space dragon....
:D
JS
#66477 by JohnnyD Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:58 pm
If you like using FlameThrower upgrade to ShadowFlames its add kinetic dmg ET goes well with BQ kin bonus.