Ask and answer questions about AstroFlux.
#68490 by TheCen Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:50 am
Going to have to agree with Brian. The whole meta section under Moderation. We went through a bunch of dark times after the Fedora incident and it didn't matter what evidence was brought forward. NOTHING, nothing was done.

From what I heard through the grapevine (btw, this word would be censored in game for the rape), was that the Mods in question were indeed spoken to and all they had to do was apologize and say they won't do it again. So, it doesn't matter how much evidence anyone brings forth. All the mods have to do is apologize and all is forgiven.

Don't believe any evidence was brought forth? Go to that Meta section it only takes 45 minutes to an hour to read all the issues that existed/exist with the mods.

All this was before both Traf and Bellatrix were even mods. So, the both of you not knowing any of this is not a surprise. Just remember fellas... you can break any rule you want as long as you apologize afterwords.

WARNING:
DON'T TRUST ANY MODERATOR. THEY DELETE YOUR COMMENTS. MODERATORS IN GENERAL HAVE RUINED THE GAME PLAY OF MANY INDIVIDUALS. AND THEY JUST KEEP DOING IT. NO REGARDS FOR RESPECT.
#68493 by BrianN Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:50 pm
Well, Ill get this in before Draggerz locks the thread

A wide ranging list of problems previous to May 2016...probably just as much evidence has popped up since then, but I wont dig it all up because its obvious it wont do any good.
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=10228


Daggerz threadlocks in just the last year for no good reason other than he's allergic to criticism (this list does not include the ones he has locked without posting about it...I only have so much time):
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=10106&start=15 (move along, nothing to see here)
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=9995&start=45 (Still waiting for him to follow through)
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=10620 (I was banned from the forums for this...for presenting evidence...no swearing, just i dared to post a convo I had with him...this is the point where we lost a ton of people because even though there was video evidence of exploiting to ruin gameplay, it was shrugged off like Cen said)
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=10621&start=15 (The Pharaoh has spoken! Your time for speech has ended!!)
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=10300&start=90 (I say you cannot speak anymore of this!)
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=10594 (My power shall not be questioned!)
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=10107&start=405 (I get to say what is on topic!)
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=11693&start=15 (once again...I alone am the arbiter!!)
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=10776&start=75 (because locking solves everything!)
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=6693 (rinse, repeat)
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=11199 (I deem you to be silly!)
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6535 (only i can ban people)

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” -Edmund Burke
#68506 by Bellatrix Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:28 am
Ok lets clear some things up:

Many of the posts above relate to testing and knowledge of information.

So let me clarify how it is now:

Testers, the mods, are getting a bunch of things to test, ships or changes to weapons. We test them in different situations, pvp ,pve and compare to current offerings. The idea is to have a well balanced set of ships and weapons to use, instead of just a few. The developers take our ideas and suggestions and do as they want with them, sometimes do they as we wish, sometimes they do as they wish. Some changes they don't even tell us, I cant only speculate if it is because they want us to figure it out on our own, because they don't trust us or because they just don't have time.

The general principle during testing is that we are not allowed to tell anyone outside the mod group about the upcoming changes. This does not mean that we can not discuss theoretical changes with our in game friends, our discuss solutions to different problems. That is why we had that big post before last balance update.

Now comes the big apple, as soon as the changes are released and official, I can take all my knowledge, that 5 min ago was "secret" and spread it to whom ever I want. Is this unfair to people who are not friends with a mod? Yes, have we discussed it between ourselves and the devs? Yes. The reason why we don't allow others or everyone to test is this, things have been known to brake horrible on the test server at times, that is why it is a test sever, for that reason they limit the testing to a few who are trusted. Sadly that is the situation today.

To be clear here, I understand that you might not be happy with these answers, that is not my intention here. You dont need agree with the reasons, not why I post this either. I post this for the simple reason that some people want to understand, or say they want to understand, and this is for them. You have a suggestions how this could be improved, write it in the suggestions part. You don't like how we or the devs reason, that is ok.

Bellatrix, the shinning star of Astroflux
#68507 by TheCen Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:55 pm
I was not against the testing parts. I did find it unfair, but that's not what I was referring to before when I said evidence was presented. But, it doesn't matter anyway. All any mod has to do is apologize and they can keep doing whatever the freaking hell they want to do.

WARNING:
DON'T TRUST ANY MODERATOR. THEY DELETE YOUR COMMENTS. MODERATORS IN GENERAL HAVE RUINED THE GAME PLAY OF MANY INDIVIDUALS. AND THEY JUST KEEP DOING IT. NO REGARDS FOR RESPECT.
#68511 by Bellatrix Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:26 pm
TheCen wrote:I was not against the testing parts. I did find it unfair, but that's not what I was referring to before when I said evidence was presented. But, it doesn't matter anyway. All any mod has to do is apologize and they can keep doing whatever the freaking hell they want to do.


Yes Cen, if someone has done something wrong they can appoligies for this and explain that they did not know better at that time. But it does not mean that the same person can continue to make the same mistakes....

I could not find anything in our mod part where one mod has done anything wrong repeatedly and that said person could get away with a warning or just say sorry and it was over. Those offences that were documented and the mod in question even confessed were dealt with as it was appropriate.

If you want to bring up the incident where Scythe killed another player, took that players arts and then made fun of that situation on the forums when said player posted about it. There is nothing against that in the game rules, mod rules or any other rules. You can argue day and night if that is a good example for a role model in this game, but facts are, no rules were broken.

I understand the need and want to have mods that are heroes to all of the players, but facts are we have the mods we have, each one of us have their own play style and want to continue to play as they want, not as the community wants. The devs made this game to allow for pvp and pirating, so let there be pirating. At the end of the day if there are no pirates, who am I to fight against then?

Bellatrix, the shinning star of Astroflux
#68513 by TheCen Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:37 pm
Bellatrix wrote:
TheCen wrote:The devs made this game to allow for pvp and pirating, so let there be pirating. At the end of the day if there are no pirates, who am I to fight against then?


So.. let me get this straight. The Devs are promoting killing, stealing, and camping... just plain good old pirating. But, you can't cuss in chat? What kind of morals are these? Let's teach kids that it's perfectly okay to kill and steal other peoples things.. but not okay to cuss in chat. If, mods are allowed to kill players and steal their loot. Everyone should be allowed to cuss.

[Edit] This is the developers game. What they decide is what goes. The mods are completely useless. Plain and simple. The mods don't decide on anything.. and they are henchmen for the developers. It was a developer's quick action that removed Fedora. Not the mods. So, literally anything we talk about is useless because the mods don't have any control over anything.

WARNING:
DON'T TRUST ANY MODERATOR. THEY DELETE YOUR COMMENTS. MODERATORS IN GENERAL HAVE RUINED THE GAME PLAY OF MANY INDIVIDUALS. AND THEY JUST KEEP DOING IT. NO REGARDS FOR RESPECT.
#68515 by BrianN Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:40 pm
Yes Cen, if someone has done something wrong they can appoligies for this and explain that they did not know better at that time. But it does not mean that the same person can continue to make the same mistakes....

Mistakes will be made...its when its blatantly obvious that it was on purpose (spark and his pets), and then they just skate is baloney. You cant tell me that if someone named Derps_suck pulled the same stunt even once that they wouldnt be gamebanned...then with Sparky's history; he should get a lifetime achievement ban.
Per the Scythe thing...its more sort of just another example of how the employees of FF abuse their customers and get away with it.

But, you can't cuss in chat?

You can if you're in depraved.

Finally, yeah, the mods are really put in a bad position...they dont have any power to really do anything; but when there's rampant evidence of several mods abusing their power, and then one thats clean get whacked without explanation, its a problem. But yeah, the good mods get all smacked around because of the bad mods and the disengagement of the devs. Maybe people shouldnt be mods for all time...maybe they need a break from time to time so they dont become power crazed like draggerz.

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” -Edmund Burke
#68516 by TheSupreme Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:59 pm
For all the bias against depraved mods, let's give you a different view to look at.

the storm aka enderstar was banned 3 days after joining depraved, not saying this is what happened, i dont know. it is very well possible that depraved moderators noticed suspicious activity and dealt with it. what I am driving at is that while we are friends, there is no bias when it comes to moderation.

you may say what you want but it does not make it true.

going into spark, he found a bug that made ghost pets. so he found a visual glitch, big deal! I firmly believe that there is a line between common sense and being down right pathetic.

I will also add here that every moderator I've seen so far does their job and are very good at it. sure, they may make mistakes but so do you!

#68521 by Bellatrix Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:39 pm
Cen, promoting and allowing are different things, they made this game as a sandbox and my interpretation is that they wish for it to be a sandbox.

When it comes to moral, this is a game, I would not relate the content of a game to the reality, it is game for that specific reason, that you can play the way you want and "escape" reality.

If we start to judge games as reality we would have problems allowing games like counterstrike, need for speed, monopoly they all invite for bad moral...

When it comes to spark and his imaginary friends (sorry I could not resist) the devs have told us to not intervene when bug occur unless they affect the game/players in a negative way. E.g. crazy arts from PVP we were told to intervene, not ok to have lvl 8k arts...

A bug that creates alot of pets that do not interfere with the game play we do not interfere. And if I remember it correctly a mod, don't remember who, told Spark to stop and he did...

I do not now what to say, many of these things have been answered before, as I stated earlier the only real issue (not tacfed) was a mod that shared his/her account at one point, that has been handled and has not been repeated to our knowledge, no person was damaged during that brake only real issue was that it was against game rules.

Bellatrix, the shinning star of Astroflux
#68522 by TheCen Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:08 pm
The number one argument I've always heard about cussing... "but, there's kids that play this game." That's why I brought up morals. It's perfectly fine to teach kids to kill and steal.. but when it comes to cussing.. oh boy.. that's crossing the line.

Again. Nothing will be done to any mod when evidence is brought forth. So, this exchange means absolutely nothing.

WARNING:
DON'T TRUST ANY MODERATOR. THEY DELETE YOUR COMMENTS. MODERATORS IN GENERAL HAVE RUINED THE GAME PLAY OF MANY INDIVIDUALS. AND THEY JUST KEEP DOING IT. NO REGARDS FOR RESPECT.
#68523 by Bellatrix Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:41 pm
TheCen wrote:The number one argument I've always heard about cussing... "but, there's kids that play this game." That's why I brought up morals. It's perfectly fine to teach kids to kill and steal.. but when it comes to cussing.. oh boy.. that's crossing the line.

Again. Nothing will be done to any mod when evidence is brought forth. So, this exchange means absolutely nothing.


I dont see why you say that? You yourself as well as me, made a big deal when Will was demoded yet you say nothing will happen when evidence is brought forward?

Bellatrix, the shinning star of Astroflux
#68524 by BrianN Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:17 am
the storm aka enderstar was banned 3 days after joining depraved, not saying this is what happened, i dont know.

AKA "This is what happened, not saying this is what happened, i dont know"

When it comes to spark and his imaginary friends (sorry I could not resist) the devs have told us to not intervene when bug occur unless they affect the game/players in a negative way.

We were having an enjoyable fight and he maliciously ruined many people's fun and admitted to it. Go back and check on it...

Nothing will happen to D&D mods...TacFed simply got on the wrong side of them and was punished. As continuing this convo will only serve to get you to actually look at the crap they do and then question it, thus getting yourself kicked, Im dropping it.

Full stop.

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” -Edmund Burke
#68578 by Vengar Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:00 pm
TheCen wrote:The number one argument I've always heard about cussing... "but, there's kids that play this game." That's why I brought up morals. It's perfectly fine to teach kids to kill and steal.. but when it comes to cussing.. oh boy.. that's crossing the line.


Where are you getting the idea that this game "teaches" kids that killing and stealing is okay? It's a pseudo-arcade shoot 'em up MMO, not freaking Grand Theft Auto. What kid is going to go around shooting people and shoplifting after playing a game like Astroflux? That is just absurd. And just why should players be allowed to cuss just because you can shoot and steal in this game? That is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. If this game had an ESRB rating, it would likely be E or E10+. Name me an E-rated or equivalent online game with chat that allows you to cuss, not counting hosts with their own separate chat such as Kongregate or Steam.

Image Image
GIF courtesy of Will_Smith
#68581 by TheCen Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:33 pm
Finally. I reasonable explanation. Only took forever for a mod to say so. Can't believe any one of you are mods. Vengar doesn't even play and got the answer I was waiting for patiently; in one freaking response. Bravo.

WARNING:
DON'T TRUST ANY MODERATOR. THEY DELETE YOUR COMMENTS. MODERATORS IN GENERAL HAVE RUINED THE GAME PLAY OF MANY INDIVIDUALS. AND THEY JUST KEEP DOING IT. NO REGARDS FOR RESPECT.
#68603 by Bellatrix Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:57 am
TheCen wrote:Finally. I reasonable explanation. Only took forever for a mod to say so. Can't believe any one of you are mods. Vengar doesn't even play and got the answer I was waiting for patiently; in one freaking response. Bravo.


I'm happy we can close this issue down as well. I guess the only real issues left to discuss are the allegations of unjust bans.

Bellatrix, the shinning star of Astroflux

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

About

Welcome to the AstroFlux forum! This forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can ask questions and receive helpful information from experienced players. Please Join the discussions in the Astroflux forums. The game developers are active here and are happy to hear what you think!

AstroFlux is a MMO space shooter with numerous weapons, upgrades and abilities. Explore the galaxy and collect space junk to gain resources for new technologies.