How does one become a mod? I know you're not supposed to ask but what behavior is expected if you are to get an invitation to become one, and what are mods supposed to do, do they have other duties besides just enforcing rules. Do mods all have to be high levels?
If you don't know what a mod does and what they expect from you, then the mod-tag isn't for you.
As a mod you:
- Should guard the chat and forums from spamers and ragers.
- Stay friendly and helpful.
- Behave nice, don't break the rules.
- Stay impartial and do not go to side A or side B during a conflict.
- Solve conflicts without using a banhammer.
- Do not abuse the mod rights.
TO become a mod, you should:
- Stay friendly and do not get noticed negatively.
- Do not ask to be a mod as this more likely will reduce your chance of becoming one.
- See the moderator-tag as a responsibility for what happens in the game and not as fame-tag. That means, don't become a moderator because it's cool and you get powers, see it as a job for the game to help the developers and keep a positive atmosphere in the game.
- Help players with questions and other stuff in the game.
- Stay active.
Those are the main keys. Though, do not think that if you follow all those points that you will immediately become a moderator. Moderator is not just a tough job, but you also get viewed differently by players.