Ask and answer questions about AstroFlux.
#65658 by Hyperion Sat Nov 19, 2016 7:18 pm
I have noticed a great change in how the Executor boss ai moves around when I'm near it. It will exec stomp/tp on me when I'm not on it, but it won't center itself on my position, and nor will it actually move to follow me (when I'm not on it). Is this something that affects everyone, or is it only happening to me?
#65659 by TheSupreme Sat Nov 19, 2016 7:30 pm
This is so you cannot sit in the center of it, giving executor a twist ensuring people don't afk farm/just sit there and spam weapons. You have to actually play. :)

#65667 by TheKrazyKangaroo Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:54 am
In other words, some "players" whispered in the dev's ears to change this and without hesitation the devs did. This would benefit greatly those who have the ability to kill executor quickly which would give them a great advantage over everyone else.

#65721 by Magic Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:39 pm
It gives the game a more realistic sense to it. If you were exe and you knew you could oneshot someone instead of letting them sit on your and kill you slowly, it would certainly be in your best interest to oneshot the thing that is killing you.

Our determination is based on our will to survive.

Never.
Give.
Up.
#65724 by Vengar Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:03 pm
I can understand the teleport stomp kill, certainly. But could we at least "Q" against it? How is it that this teleport stomp can instakill us even with hardened shields? It's ridiculous. In my opinion, never should there be any attacks we cannot "Q" against. The deathlines were like that once too, and that has since been changed. That said, to counteract Q'ing the stomp, maybe Exe's center should be like Cleaner's blades, so you can't stay in the center but can at least get out from there by Q'ing when he stomps you.

Image Image
GIF courtesy of Will_Smith
#65761 by Jpsi Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:30 pm
Honestly, this new AI is a nightmare against lag: you lag near the end, you die cause it tp right away.

Killing exe without supporter is just a pain now, because of this. I am perfectly ok to make the boss goes away when you are on top of it, but please make the tp speed of the boss constant (so remove the fact that the boss tp quicker the more you kill parts of it) :? Keeping a constant tp speed and this new AI will make it more doable, while still being more difficult than the old AI, and will make it less lag-death prone.

Edit: I change some stuff to make myself more clear.
Last edited by Jpsi on Thu Nov 24, 2016 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#65780 by Bellatrix Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:14 pm
Jpsi wrote:Honestly, this new AI is a nightmare against lag: you lag near the end, you die cause it tp right away.

Killing exe without supporter is just a pain now, because of this. I am perfectly to make the boss goes away when you are on top of it, but please make the tp not quicker near the end :? Keeping the original tp speed should be ok, as it would allow for some reaction time in case of lag.

I see it more as a game, will I make it today? lol

The funny thing with exe is that it is still easier to kill then e.g. regious that had a buff due to the faster re-spawn time of praye...

Bellatrix, the shinning star of Astroflux