Ask and answer questions about AstroFlux.
#64226 by Deff Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:28 pm
I recently started playing this week and am thoroughly enjoying the game. Have read through the various beginners guide and am starting to get to grips with everything.
I have realised that artifacts are important. Was just wondering were the best place to find higher level ones is for the new players.

Is it normal for lvl 100+ players to bring renegade tankers from the elite zone into the areas where people farm? I guess you get idiots in all games but stealing a few 100 loot from a low level seems a bit petty to me.

Deff
#64240 by traf Fri Oct 28, 2016 5:01 pm
that's not normal.
two options I can see:

-they want to troll the low levels
-they want to give you the encounter/arts

option 1 seems more likely from what you've described. sorry, astroflux is not troll free (nothing is, really)

Please feel free to private message me!

"Do not rebuke mockers or they will hate you; rebuke the wise and they will love you."

“Don't write so that you can be understood, write so that you can't be misunderstood.”
― William Howard Taft
#64255 by BrianN Sat Oct 29, 2016 5:16 am
People always ask "where do you get the best arts?"...well, generally, take the hardest enemy you can readily kill...I know for me that I farmed motherbrain for a couple days. I would also suggest that if you aren't sure, go for quantity over quality. For me, I go after the 3rd ring in vors because I can get about 2x as many arts there...sure im losing about 6 levels on the arts, but its well worth it. Pick the hardest enemy you can readily kill and just farm it constantly.
There are plenty of people here who think anyone outside of their clan is "below their notice"...and sit in Hyperion killing noobs...if so, announce it on global and many of us will come and put the bully back in their place.

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” -Edmund Burke
#64260 by Deff Sat Oct 29, 2016 7:07 am
Thank you. I will have a little explore tonight and see what I can find.

I just do my dailys and then grind steel to upgrade my ship.
#64333 by Mika Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:26 am
i stongly suggest to farm sidus in fulzar just juke it to safe zone and swap dps arts ! drops lots arts and some time steel box ! (seemsly allways if you get sidus from UR )
sidus arts compared to renegades is prety much same

shadow flame + void tentacle is ridiculously good at starter weapons against it ! oh and energy orb is also realy good choice with stop healing

sidus is one of the rare mob where stacking weapons not work since when it teleports all stacks is gone or something like that... but if he sits in ur orb stacking weapons might work too some times

shadow flame is easy to farm 2-3k armor and only energy resist is needed. if you see 120+ lvl blade ask them to help u get void tent ! i believe most blade users can help you with that
#64391 by bolbi Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:40 pm
I'd suggest pretty much the same as BrianN "go for quantity over quality." Basically farm the enemy that gives you relatively high level arts, that you can also kill in a reasonable amount of time.

A few of the art farms I would use at lower levels would be:
Dmat 90s (level 30 arts)
Spy-1s (level 45 arts)
Motherbrain (level 56 arts)
DQ (level 68 arts)
FT (level 72 arts)
Renegade Medic, Crystal, and Tanker (levels 75, 76, and 78 arts respectively)
Sidius (level 90 arts)

Note that all except for MB can have auras; red, blue, and white = +1 level; green = +5 levels; gold = + 10 levels. Also remember that arts from PvP systems get an additional 5 levels.

Edit: I would also like to note that, at least in my experience, I only really found it necessary to farm MB till I could farm DQ (which is also a great steel farm). Which I then farmed till I could farm Renegades. etc.

" 'Whatever you want people to do for you, do the same for them.'
(International Standard Version, Luke 6.31)"
#64400 by SpecialK Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:23 pm
Hmm. I've never farmed MB. Think I could kill Tanker when I was still having trouble with Spy-1s! Kinda messes up the progression a bit... it's a long way to Sidus from there.

Maybe add bionic queens in after the Tanker? And actually, nexar bombers, skirmishers, vanguard etc are all good levs and easier to kill than Sidus. Of course less drops per kill. Then you're on to the commander.
#64406 by traf Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:02 pm
i don't recall ever farming bionic queens . . . i think i was strong enough to farm (to some extent) renegades when they first came out, then i did group work to improve (blobs were level 90). Perhaps fulzar hadn't even been released yet. :shock: Then i hopped over to the nexar commander when it came out, which got me strong enough to do blobs (albeit slowly . . . over a minute per blob). Then, playing around in vorsran with the elite things, then moving into zheris farming.

I never bothered with regius, executor, or judicators, at least not as an art farming mechanism. I was always the one who would take arts if no one else would, so i probably got more arts from groups than i would like to admit.

Point being: group up with other people learning to kill things, or soak all you can from those who care to teach you. (try to ask around discreetly to make sure your instructor is competent though, you don't want to get taught how to kill a blob with a blaster)

Please feel free to private message me!

"Do not rebuke mockers or they will hate you; rebuke the wise and they will love you."

“Don't write so that you can be understood, write so that you can't be misunderstood.”
― William Howard Taft
#64437 by Bellatrix Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:52 am
traf wrote:i don't recall ever farming bionic queens . . . i think i was strong enough to farm (to some extent) renegades when they first came out, then i did group work to improve (blobs were level 90). Perhaps fulzar hadn't even been released yet. :shock: Then i hopped over to the nexar commander when it came out, which got me strong enough to do blobs (albeit slowly . . . over a minute per blob). Then, playing around in vorsran with the elite things, then moving into zheris farming.

I never bothered with regius, executor, or judicators, at least not as an art farming mechanism. I was always the one who would take arts if no one else would, so i probably got more arts from groups than i would like to admit.

Point being: group up with other people learning to kill things, or soak all you can from those who care to teach you. (try to ask around discreetly to make sure your instructor is competent though, you don't want to get taught how to kill a blob with a blaster)

I just have to remark, if you teach someone to kill a bloob with a blaster you are most likely a really good teacher :)

Bellatrix, the shinning star of Astroflux
#64440 by Jpsi Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:17 pm
Bellatrix wrote:I just have to remark, if you teach someone to kill a bloob with a blaster you are most likely a really good teacher :)

Or a fool followed by even foolier people :P

#64443 by SpecialK Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:47 pm
Jpsi wrote:
Bellatrix wrote:I just have to remark, if you teach someone to kill a bloob with a blaster you are most likely a really good teacher :)
Or a fool followed by even foolier people :P
Who's the more bloobish, the bloob or the bloob who...
*I'll shut up now*