Ask and answer questions about AstroFlux.
#62596 by Nefczi Wed Oct 05, 2016 4:10 pm
TheSupreme wrote:
Nefczi wrote:Have another question, this time about crew training. I read the guide but I am still a bit confused. Not sure if I understand it completly.

Right now I have 2 crew members. Victor has 12/5/35 and Georgina has 37/12/5 in stats. As I understand I should get at lest one more crew member with low stats. After that I should start training them and spend the points to upgrade all speciality skills, right? That may require getting all the stats to 20 (the ones that are below 20) . After maxing all speciality skills I can start exploring, right?

Can/should I keep training the crew skills while exploring(whithout spending them)?

I wouldn't worry much about this. The developers announced both here on the forums and in game that the crew issue is at the top of their to do list. Just keep playing and have fun. :)

You mean that the crew training will be redesigned or something? Should I leave exploration/crew training for now?
#62597 by TheSupreme Wed Oct 05, 2016 4:17 pm
Nefczi wrote:
TheSupreme wrote:
Nefczi wrote:Have another question, this time about crew training. I read the guide but I am still a bit confused. Not sure if I understand it completly.

Right now I have 2 crew members. Victor has 12/5/35 and Georgina has 37/12/5 in stats. As I understand I should get at lest one more crew member with low stats. After that I should start training them and spend the points to upgrade all speciality skills, right? That may require getting all the stats to 20 (the ones that are below 20) . After maxing all speciality skills I can start exploring, right?

Can/should I keep training the crew skills while exploring(whithout spending them)?

I wouldn't worry much about this. The developers announced both here on the forums and in game that the crew issue is at the top of their to do list. Just keep playing and have fun. :)

You mean that the crew training will be redesigned or something? Should I leave exploration/crew training for now?

It is to be redesigned, yes. You can explore or wait. Either way, it will be changed and it won't be a headache as it currently is.

#62648 by Draconis Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:01 pm
Don't bother exploring for now, the goal for that is mid/end game anyways. Since their only purpose is art upgrading and that's not something you need to worry about for quite a while. Manually train your crew for now without spending the points, then you can figure the rest out later after it's been updated.

#62686 by Nefczi Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:05 am
Thank you all for tips! I am currently level 12 and really like the game, can be quite addictive ;)

I've been using Acid Blaster exclusively so far, got it to level 4. It's great for fighting bosses but its not that great for larger number of small enemies, so I was thinkign about investign into another weapon to supplement my Acid Blaster. Maybe somethign hard hitting with good AoE, for that spawns farming, so I can group enemies together and kill them in same spot for easier loot gathering. Any suggestions? :)
#62691 by KaleSplat Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:20 am
Nuke is one of the best AoE weapons, period. It can also complement your acid blaster by debuffing corrosive resistance as an elite tech, and it deals quite a bit of damage too at your level. :)

Those who want to live, let them fight, and those who do not want to fight in this world of eternal struggle do not deserve to live.

This game is dying because of people who harass, bully, and threaten to kill others. And dev absence.
#62700 by DevNull Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:40 pm
Algae Nova Gland is another corro debuff weapon that uses far less has less corro debuff % but its 1 button instead of 2 with Nuke...

I dont have many friends, I just know alot of people
#62723 by BrianN Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:23 pm
TheSupreme wrote: The developers announced both here on the forums and in game that the crew issue is at the top of their to do list. Just keep playing and have fun. :)

Its been at the top of their list for over a year.

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” -Edmund Burke
#62724 by TheSupreme Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:26 pm
BrianN wrote:
TheSupreme wrote: The developers announced both here on the forums and in game that the crew issue is at the top of their to do list. Just keep playing and have fun. :)

Its been at the top of their list for over a year.

No it hasn't.