Ask and answer questions about AstroFlux.
#62412 by Nefczi Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:54 pm
Hey there!

I just installed Astroflux today and played for a moment and the game seems quite fun and interesting.

Are there any tips you could share with a total Astroflux newbie? Maybe there are some things you wish you knew when you first started playing this game?
#62414 by BrianN Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:11 pm
The wiki is your best friend...and don't explore planets or train crew until you read the guide.

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” -Edmund Burke
#62419 by traf Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:04 pm
When i first read the wiki, "advectorian" caught my eye, mainly because it didn't fit in the little icon. I thought "it'll be a long time before i can kill that". Yeah, it took a while. This game is a long term project, but it's almost always fun.

Keep at it, it'll get easier over time.

Please feel free to private message me!

"Do not rebuke mockers or they will hate you; rebuke the wise and they will love you."

“Don't write so that you can be understood, write so that you can't be misunderstood.”
― William Howard Taft
#62450 by Nefczi Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:31 pm
Thx for the tips guys. I played a bit more today and got to level 5 so far. Out of the weapons I tried I like Acid Blaster the most so far, so I gues I will invest into it.

I have a question about the ship upgrades. Should I just invest in everything(armor, shield, engine, power)? I read somewhere that when you buy new ship, you can get a one free "refund" of all invested resources?
#62451 by TheScythe Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:38 pm
You get a free reset from pods, or when developers give it out (usually on special events or after a balance update). You don't get a free reset when purchasing a new ship. However, when you do reset a ship you get back all the resources and flux invested into its upgrades.

TheDepraved
#62455 by Draconis Tue Oct 04, 2016 1:14 pm
Everyone starts with a single free reset, and then theres the ones scythe just mentioned as well.
Yes you do want to upgrade ship stats, those are the most important. Choose very few weapons to upgrade, acid blaster is a good start, upgrades get more and more expensive with every purchase so take it slow on the weapons.

#62468 by Nefczi Tue Oct 04, 2016 2:34 pm
So what would you recommend upgrading on my Pixie at the begining - Shields, Armor, Power, Engine or a bit of everything?
#62479 by traf Tue Oct 04, 2016 4:55 pm
back when i was a wee lad, i upgraded speed to level 6 before anything else. my reasoning was: "if it can't catch you, it can't kill you".

Which of the 4 ship upgrades you upgrade fully first depends mostly on how you want to play the game. It's totally up to you.

Please feel free to private message me!

"Do not rebuke mockers or they will hate you; rebuke the wise and they will love you."

“Don't write so that you can be understood, write so that you can't be misunderstood.”
― William Howard Taft
#62538 by Draconis Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:37 am
TheScythe wrote:I would suggest upgrading the 4 base ship stats to 3, instead of 6 initially

Yeah, definitely agree with this. Even for a weapon, level 3 is plenty for a long time. Then level 6 engines first for the same reason traf said.

#62593 by Nefczi Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:56 pm
Have another question, this time about crew training. I read the guide but I am still a bit confused. Not sure if I understand it completly.

Right now I have 2 crew members. Victor has 12/5/35 and Georgina has 37/12/5 in stats. As I understand I should get at lest one more crew member with low stats. After that I should start training them and spend the points to upgrade all speciality skills, right? That may require getting all the stats to 20 (the ones that are below 20) . After maxing all speciality skills I can start exploring, right?

Cau/should I keep training the crew skills while exploring(whithout spending them)?
#62595 by TheSupreme Wed Oct 05, 2016 4:01 pm
Nefczi wrote:Have another question, this time about crew training. I read the guide but I am still a bit confused. Not sure if I understand it completly.

Right now I have 2 crew members. Victor has 12/5/35 and Georgina has 37/12/5 in stats. As I understand I should get at lest one more crew member with low stats. After that I should start training them and spend the points to upgrade all speciality skills, right? That may require getting all the stats to 20 (the ones that are below 20) . After maxing all speciality skills I can start exploring, right?

Cau/should I keep training the crew skills while exploring(whithout spending them)?

I wouldn't worry much about this. The developers announced both here on the forums and in game that the crew issue is at the top of their to do list. Just keep playing and have fun. :)