Ask and answer questions about AstroFlux.
#76980 by scott_mullenix Fri May 31, 2019 7:10 am
These are good questions.

Armor
Armor reduces damage done.

Armor reduces damage done its value per hit. What does this mean?
My armor is 126.

I thought Armor reduces the damage done to my Shield. Is that in the game correct?

If not, then I thought I shouldn't put any points into Armor; because thought most of the damage done is done to the Shield.

Because I already put various upgrades into Armor, I want the shield damage to be reduced with it.

In real life, I thought the shield has to be completely gone to get to the armor and heath. What do you think???????

Shield
Covered under Armor.

Conclusion
A worker could put in the game upgrades section that Armor and Shield work together as I shared above. I could email Fula Fisken contact@fulafisken.se about something different.

Preferences, which one?
Categories have reminded me of similar. Could this post be in which forum following?

[
General Discussion
For AstroFlux related discussion
"Could be a post about no questions."
"I think that questions could be put in this category if important enough."
"What is an example of General Discussion? I checked and"
"This game is fun." is an example; of this. Not a question and not a suggestion."
]

[
Questions
Ask and answer questions about AstroFlux.
"Reminds me. For me to possibly my input about the same situation; that it happened to me also. That could be put on the other forums also."
"I think I want to put this post in this category. If I shouldn't please let me know."
[

[
Suggestions
Suggestions for features or improvements
''I'm putting here that an improvement would be getting a newer ship. I wouldn't put this in forums "General Discussion" and "Questions"
]

Even if one of these is best. The post I put on one of these probably will stay there, and your answer reply post to it.

This URL shows my posts; I did put this here to remind me that I can find a post that I made that you put in a different forum.
ucp.php?i=172

I thought maybe that you could put this post in the proper category. I'd have to find it under my forum account about posts I placed. And I'd have to save this post in a different folder on my flash drive. Thought that KingsRoad forum support is can put posts different places; I don't play KingsRoad anymore.
#76988 by Myorum Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:11 pm
The first thing that reduces the damage you receive is your resistance.
The maximum reduction is 50% in PvP and 75% in PvE.
It can still make sense to use more resistance, because any additional resistance counters debuffs.
For PvP the maximum resistance of use is 100%, because no debuffer can reduce it by more than 50%.
For PvE you are usually fine with 80-90%, but a few enemies can debuff 100%,
so for the maximum resistance protection against them you need 175%.

The remaining dmg is handled differently, depending if its shield or armor:
Shield reduces the damage done to shield by 35%, no matter the weapon.
Armor reduces the damage done to health by 75% of its amount in PvP and 90% in PvE.
Means with 1000 armor, each projectile or shot that hits you does 750, respectively 900, damage less.
But armor can be debuffed up to 50%, which you will recive as extra damage.

The standard builds in the game are shield/shield regen and health/armor.
For most ships that means Max HP ET (Elite Tech) + 100% HP to SH Converter + HP% and Regen% Arts for shield
and Max SH ET + ~80% SH to HP Converter + SH% Arts + Max or Unbreakable Armor ET + Armor% Arts.
The reason why its recommended not to use a 100% SH to HP Converter is to be able to heal yourself with F.

I dont know if you mean the basic 6 upgrades or an Elite Tech in your question,
but if it are the basic 6 ones, then it wasnt a wrong investment, because they also increase other things.
Upgrading shield, health, power and speed to level 6 is highly recommended.

Also, considering the different questions you asked, this category seems fitting for your thread.

That which we call a rose would smell as sweet by any other name.