Official announcements for AstroFlux
#496 by Magnus Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:19 pm
Hey all!

The team is a bit spread out on different adventures this week. Kumo is in Stockholm starting to prepare for his travel to China and Japan, Toomas is in Mariefred (Sweden) with relatives, Tef is rock climbing Sweden's highest mountain Kebnekaise and I am far out in the Finnish archipelago meeting my Finnish relatives (I'm half swede, half finn). Next week we'll get more serious again and work from our regular office in Stockholm, Sweden.

We have quite a few things going on with Astroflux. Some is almost done and some are scheduled later in the summer. I'd like to talk a little about what is coming and where we would like the game to go.

First, we have a mission system. We are almost done with it, in fact the system itself is done, we are just now making the actual missions. For level 1-3 we are more or less 100% done but the idea is that there should always be a mission for you players to do if you want to, that gives you an xp boost compared to today's grinding/farming. Basically, a simple mission could be "Kill 100 enemies of any kind" or "Kill the Queen in Zergilin". A more complex mission could be made up by other sub missions. An example: Go to Vargen and pick up [insert fancy item] and bring it to Endarion. Then kill 15 seekers and then explore some planet." Basically, we can make story based missions with tasks connected to them, and when all tasks or sub missions are done, you will end up with an award. The reward could be metals, XP, Flux or something else. Since we are almost done with this, I'll write more about this soon-ish.

Second, we are reconstructing the game to work better with the computers graphic card. That means we will have better performance, the ability to add more and fancier effects and everything should just feel more smooth. This is a big project, but something we really want to do. We have a rough estimate to be finished with this in about a month.

Third, we have gotten questions about how much health, armor, and damage specific enemies and bosses have. Since we don't just want to hand out that information, we have figured out something else ... So, we are adding the "Encounters" or "Species log" to (probably) the ship menu. In there, we will see what enemies you have encountered and, if you have killed enough of them (ie gathered enough information) you will also see their stats.

So, this is where we are at right now. I hope you like where we are going. Cya in game and have funsies!
#500 by cooltv27 Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:53 pm
yay now I can tell what the things are, with out getting killed bye one

i r a goud tipor c mi con spel goudily?
#502 by Magnus Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:29 pm
NightRage wrote:Would this be only for the low levels or will the higher levels have a chance to experience this as well.


Mission will be for all levels. We will start with more basic missions and add more story based ones along the road.
#646 by Tef Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:08 am
We are one step closer to having Starling and hardware acceleration in our game now. I will post a real update about the changes when it's nearing completion.
#71019 by TheSpirit Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:04 pm
Magnus wrote:Hey all!

The team is a bit spread out on different adventures this week. Kumo is in Stockholm starting to prepare for his travel to China and Japan, Toomas is in Mariefred (Sweden) with relatives, Tef is rock climbing Sweden's highest mountain Kebnekaise and I am far out in the Finnish archipelago meeting my Finnish relatives (I'm half swede, half finn). Next week we'll get more serious again and work from our regular office in Stockholm, Sweden.

We have quite a few things going on with Astroflux. Some is almost done and some are scheduled later in the summer. I'd like to talk a little about what is coming and where we would like the game to go.

First, we have a mission system. We are almost done with it, in fact the system itself is done, we are just now making the actual missions. For level 1-3 we are more or less 100% done but the idea is that there should always be a mission for you players to do if you want to, that gives you an xp boost compared to today's grinding/farming. Basically, a simple mission could be "Kill 100 enemies of any kind" or "Kill the Queen in Zergilin". A more complex mission could be made up by other sub missions. An example: Go to Vargen and pick up [insert fancy item] and bring it to Endarion. Then kill 15 seekers and then explore some planet." Basically, we can make story based missions with tasks connected to them, and when all tasks or sub missions are done, you will end up with an award. The reward could be metals, XP, Flux or something else. Since we are almost done with this, I'll write more about this soon-ish.

Second, we are reconstructing the game to work better with the computers graphic card. That means we will have better performance, the ability to add more and fancier effects and everything should just feel more smooth. This is a big project, but something we really want to do. We have a rough estimate to be finished with this in about a month.

Third, we have gotten questions about how much health, armor, and damage specific enemies and bosses have. Since we don't just want to hand out that information, we have figured out something else ... So, we are adding the "Encounters" or "Species log" to (probably) the ship menu. In there, we will see what enemies you have encountered and, if you have killed enough of them (ie gathered enough information) you will also see their stats.

So, this is where we are at right now. I hope you like where we are going. Cya in game and have funsies!

I want those active Deva again :cry:
#71020 by Magnus Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:09 pm
TheSpirit wrote:I want those active Deva again :cry:


Yes sorry about that - we've been forced to put AF aside for a bit and focus on other projects. We are still around in the background though and we have an update coming in a not so very far future.
#71021 by BrianN Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:17 pm
Communication and specificity are key...some kids may not understand if you are on another project, but its better to tell us whats going on.

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” -Edmund Burke
#71032 by Syst185X Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:25 pm
You responded! This game might not be forsaken! :DDD

Rawr

AMAZING

The empire may have fell, but one day...it'll come back stronger then ever.

5/27/2017

Feel free to contact me via messages. I'm mostly inactive though, maybe I'll return one day.
#71033 by traf Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:08 am
I know you guys are busy . . . but a short paragraph once a month would be nice. I'd be happy with a sentence at this point. -.-

But hey, thanks for responding!

Please feel free to private message me!

"Do not rebuke mockers or they will hate you; rebuke the wise and they will love you."

“Don't write so that you can be understood, write so that you can't be misunderstood.”
― William Howard Taft
#71061 by TheSorrow Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:17 pm
Magnus wrote:
TheSpirit wrote:I want those active Deva again :cry:


Yes sorry about that - we've been forced to put AF aside for a bit and focus on other projects. We are still around in the background though and we have an update coming in a not so very far future.


Thank you for the response!!

traf wrote:I know you guys are busy . . . but a short paragraph once a month would be nice. I'd be happy with a sentence at this point. -.-

But hey, thanks for responding!


I tried to say this...and then Bellatrix locked all my threads

Shade

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 1 guest

About

Welcome to the AstroFlux forum! This forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can ask questions and receive helpful information from experienced players. Please Join the discussions in the Astroflux forums. The game developers are active here and are happy to hear what you think!

AstroFlux is a MMO space shooter with numerous weapons, upgrades and abilities. Explore the galaxy and collect space junk to gain resources for new technologies.