Official announcements for AstroFlux
#22081 by LaserShark Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:40 pm
Fatality, if people never complain about what bothers them, the game will never get better.

#22084 by Avyctes Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:33 pm
0.1% drop chances are, in my mind, just there to counter pay to win arguments. Whenever someone complains you can counter with "but they drop too! no need to buy". Sure, if you want to spend weeks grinding that's true but smart people realize that their time is more valuable than that and just buy it. Which is exactly what they want you to do.

You may say that's not intented but it's what is normal, until someone who made the decision tells me otherwise this is how I feel.

Finally, I feel that nobody with a moderator tag should let their feelings show like Fatality just did. It reflects badly on you and others.

Quit playing 12/12/14 I can't keep waiting for balance, it will never happen with these guys.
#22093 by Fatality Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:37 pm
See, there is a fine line between appropriate and inappropriate. I can have an opinion and I surely can and will write that one down, even if it is an uncomfortable one that might directly "attack" someone. That's part of a discussion and me as a mod should be allowed to participate and show my own opinion as a player of this game. As long as I act and write within the given rules, don't insult anybody, I will continue writing...even with a mod-tag.

But to get back on topic: I still got no answer why there wasn't such crying and whining when the renegades came out, with their weapon drops, with their kind of opness in different ways? That release was exactly the same as the recent ones with the new ships and the new (pet-)weapons.
I might know the answer: because many people bought these ships and transferred their weapons and they wanted to keep their "op-ness" in some way. I am sure you remember the riot when medic finally got nerfed and when the prismatic weapon got nerfed.

See, when complains are based on valid and objective arguments with comprehensible argumentation I would see the point. But when they are written from totally subjective points of view because the player just can't effort it at that moment (like buying a new strong ship), just did a mistake by himself (like Nightsky that killed an enemy that was outside the deathlines and which dropped a red crate), didn't see the obvious coming (the nerf of medic) or complains about long time existing stuff (like Voyd here in this topic with very low droprates, that have been existing for 9 months (!!!) now on other weapons) I simply can't see any reasonable point in them. Sure, there might be one hidden inside but the intention wasn't the point itself, it was just the subjective need because he/she felt it started to affect him/her right now, no matter how long this "problem" existed before.
#22100 by LaserShark Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:23 pm
There's nothing wrong with having an opinion, but your wording is inflammatory and provoking. For example you are referring to the complaints of players as "crying and whining", and implying that everyone who complains about drop rates is just a lazy player.

You're supposed to be a moderator, keeping the peace around the forums, but instead your raising discussions to the point of insults.

#22109 by Fatality Fri Aug 15, 2014 7:00 am
See, if it is provoking within the rules there is nothing wrong with it in my opinion. And I didn't generalize my arguments, I gave precise examples, named people. And there is even nothing wrong with complaints, I even did it myself from time to time when I was searching for stuff and didn't find it, even after long grind runs. It's the sound of the complaints that make it "whiney" to me, especially when they're connected with certain threats...and ofc the timing of these complaints (see above).
#22116 by Voydwalker Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:27 pm
i didnt complain back then cause maybe back then i didnt have a forum account? or didnt monitor forum? or only recently started posting since my irritation was so intense i couldnt keep silent any more? pick one. i have been always vocal about this in game if you happened to notice. the quacked drop rates and the policy to "force us to buy or grind endlessly" only reassures thats not the game i want to spend my money on. the opness i was talking about in particular were the newest ships and weapons that can tank insane amounts of damage and deal such. thats pretty mush all that came after fulzar.
Last edited by Samuelf on Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Don't use that word in that way please
#22117 by LaserShark Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:16 pm
Fatality wrote:See, if it is provoking within the rules there is nothing wrong with it in my opinion.

I have to disagree, using "Head ---> desk" in a conversation with a forum-er as an attack on the persons intelligence is just about as bad as directly calling them stupid.

#22141 by Black_Star Sat Aug 16, 2014 6:56 am
Isn't there a complaint post you can go to i was hoping find info about the pets and maybe there locations and i find this crap. Really!!! The news and announcements is not an appropriate area to vent. If you are that unhappy quit playing and save the rest of use from this miserable complaining.

Mad Hatter

This is my entrance!!

Sorry for making you wait, little ones.

The Madness will have you soon.
#22184 by AnthonyC118 Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:27 pm
Another lie by the devs. I killed about 2000 Antor mobs and not a single pet dropped.
#22189 by Fatality Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:19 pm
Again: Just because it didn't drop, it must not necessarily mean it is a "lie".
#22290 by LaserShark Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:12 pm
When they were just about to add Fulzar I made a ridiculous joking comment about how they might add a 5K flux OPed ship to the game. It was, I thought, an absurd possibility, no dev in their right mind would do that.

Yesterday I logged in to check the game out, to decide whether or not to play it again, and saw Judicator. You have got to be kidding!

Was Judicator the mid/high level ship mentioned in this update?

#22465 by Xeno938 Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:06 pm
Its taking forever to find a pet. anyone have any tips or locations to grind?
#22475 by Fatality Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:47 pm
I found all three Antor pets within hours this day...I wouldn't consider this timespan as "forever". ;)