Official announcements for AstroFlux
#71567 by Tef Sun May 28, 2017 5:33 pm
Hi everyone.

- We have fixed the PvP reward issues with 1st place.

Cheers!
#71570 by Bellatrix Sun May 28, 2017 6:05 pm
OMG most unexpected thing today! Thank you!

Bellatrix, the shining star of Astroflux
#71573 by Monohelix Sun May 28, 2017 7:57 pm
Um, what is this?
#71577 by TheSorrow Sun May 28, 2017 10:58 pm
Bellatrix wrote:OMG most unexpected thing today! Thank you!

...Why are you getting all excited over a small fix on something that didn't even affect 99% of the players?

Shade
#71578 by traf Mon May 29, 2017 1:36 am
...because a developer actually made an update?

Positivity and optimism, I can sell you some for the low low price of $5.99 :lol:

Please feel free to private message me!

"Do not rebuke mockers or they will hate you; rebuke the wise and they will love you."

“Don't write so that you can be understood, write so that you can't be misunderstood.”
― William Howard Taft
#71579 by porridgehead Mon May 29, 2017 2:37 am
Hot damn on a glowing skillet! I am so stupidly happy to see progress! I know your lives are scattered and diverse, after all this game is merely a side project at best. So any updates are so very welcome, no matter their content.

Press on Devs, even if the progress is incremental.
#71580 by Monohelix Mon May 29, 2017 5:36 am
I like how you mods sugar coat this event, where dev @tef actually posts for the first time in decades like when a mute person finally talks.

Still doesn't cover the fact that this update is ultimately useless to most people, if ever.
#71581 by Dmitry Mon May 29, 2017 6:02 am
It affects flux. Flux issues get fixed quite fast for obvious reasons.
#71582 by Bellatrix Mon May 29, 2017 6:19 am
It currently affects 70+ people...

That is how many that are up for reward's.

I was excitedly over the fact that there was an update in general.

But sure mono,next time​ there is an update I will welcome it with words like "you can do beter", "why update now?" or other great critsicm.

#71583 by traf Mon May 29, 2017 8:16 am
Like porridge, I too am stupidly excited to see progress, no matter how small.

I think most mods are like that :)

Please feel free to private message me!

"Do not rebuke mockers or they will hate you; rebuke the wise and they will love you."

“Don't write so that you can be understood, write so that you can't be misunderstood.”
― William Howard Taft
#71585 by porridgehead Mon May 29, 2017 11:32 am
You call it sugar coating, I call it positive reinforcement.

If you were a dev, would you rather work on a project that offers little reward and has nothing but critical, annoyed and very vocal people or one that provides some gratitude for your efforts?

It may be that you operate best in a climate of constant criticism but I do not so I prefer to err on the side of grace.

And while this update does not affect me at all, epic pvp player that I am, I am truly grateful to see progress being made. Besides, you never know what other changes have been made or even what might be forthcoming.

Monohelix wrote:I like how you mods sugar coat this event, where dev @tef actually posts for the first time in decades like when a mute person finally talks.

Still doesn't cover the fact that this update is ultimately useless to most people, if ever.
#71587 by TheSorrow Mon May 29, 2017 1:23 pm
porridgehead wrote:If you were a dev, would you rather work on a project that offers little reward and has nothing but critical, annoyed and very vocal people or one that provides some gratitude for your efforts?

To be fair porridgehead, both mono and I are devs, and while we have to deal with annoying and whining people, we work on what project we like. If after all this time the devs release a patch that would take around 2 min to make, it shows that they have lost all intrest in this game. So why don't they just say so?

Shade
#71589 by Monohelix Mon May 29, 2017 1:41 pm
And the fact that you admit that this effects about 70+ people, from the thousands that will never experience this. It wouldn't provide much *positive reinforcement* going in game if you ask people around about the new update.

Who knows how long it would take to have an update again, considering the last game changes were from four months ago for only to amount this much.

Scary thought.
#71590 by Bellatrix Mon May 29, 2017 4:03 pm
Thousands of players? wow we must play different games...

If you nag about there being no updates, then nag when the updates come that it is to little it just makes me laugh.

Mono neither you nor Sorrow wanted to help this game out when chance was presented. Dont count that your oppinions will matter much when all you is complain, none of what you have said has been in any way constructive in this thread, it is really hard to take you seriously...

#71592 by TheSorrow Mon May 29, 2017 6:55 pm
Bellatrix wrote:Mono neither you nor Sorrow wanted to help this game out when chance was presented. Dont count that your oppinions will matter much when all you is complain, none of what you have said has been in any way constructive in this thread, it is really hard to take you seriously...

What opportunity? Its not like the AF devs work with other devs...

Speaking of which, mods are supposed to be helping the devs. When was the last time you signed into the dev server Bella to help test?

Shade