Official announcements for AstroFlux
#68843 by Bellatrix Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:41 am
Hey guys

A small release was made fixing an issue where a clan instance would end up unusable, that should hopefully be fixed now.

Ty BHE for reporting and Ty Devs for fixing.

Bellatrix, the shining star of Astroflux
#68867 by Bellatrix Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:41 pm
AC-Archangel wrote:Your a little orange for a dev...

Forgot to post with my alt, Magnus...

Now that jokes are out, the idea here is post more about the background changes, if the player base decides that they do not want it, we will stop.

#68869 by Martin E Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:35 pm
Thank you Bellatrix for your attempts to fix it and ta to the devs for fixing promptly once it was brought to their attention
Clan inst are really useful for getting slaughtered without the embarressment of witnesses :D
#68871 by Jesright73 Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:05 pm
i for one am happy to see the little updates made available for the players to see. :D

no problems with the mods posting the info, news from the paperboy (or girl) is better than no news.

don't stop posting!
#68872 by TheCen Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:28 pm
You probably don't know.. but i'll ask anyway. Does this fix this issue?

Reported in Bug and Glitches:

February 15th, 2016
http://forum.astroflux.org/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=6447&p=43425#p43425

November 29th, 2016
http://forum.astroflux.org/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=11530#p66167

WARNING:
DON'T TRUST ANY MODERATOR. THEY DELETE YOUR COMMENTS. MODERATORS IN GENERAL HAVE RUINED THE GAME PLAY OF MANY INDIVIDUALS. AND THEY JUST KEEP DOING IT. NO REGARDS FOR RESPECT.
#68877 by bolbi Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:26 am
Yes I'm very happy to be kept updated, thank you Mods.

I hope this at least helps get the ideas of "the devs never do anything" or "the devs never do <enter complaint here>" which I see much to often in game and on the forums, get the community to be a bit friendlier towards our devs.

I'll mention that I've recently been going though all the posts in the "News & Announcements" section as of late, and I must say the community seemed alot more positive a few years back. (I'm still yet to find a point where it takes a turn for the worse.)

" 'Whatever you want people to do for you, do the same for them.'
(International Standard Version, Luke 6.31)"
#68885 by Bellatrix Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:32 am
TheCen wrote:You probably don't know.. but i'll ask anyway. Does this fix this issue?

February 15th, 2016

November 29th, 2016

Your video seems to be the same bug as BHE experienced, it should be fixed now.

Out of interest, how did your fulzan clan instance sovle it selfe?

#68890 by TheCen Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:53 am
Bellatrix wrote:
TheCen wrote:You probably don't know.. but i'll ask anyway. Does this fix this issue?

February 15th, 2016

November 29th, 2016

Your video seems to be the same bug as BHE experienced, it should be fixed now.

Out of interest, how did your fulzan clan instance sovle it selfe?

Time. Seemed like it was fixed after a 24 hour period. Happened at least 3 times to me personally. All of a sudden couldn't warp to clan. Which, we always figured someone was stuck there, but could never figure who.

We did try to have Porridgehead close it one time. But, he couldn't even find that instance.

WARNING:
DON'T TRUST ANY MODERATOR. THEY DELETE YOUR COMMENTS. MODERATORS IN GENERAL HAVE RUINED THE GAME PLAY OF MANY INDIVIDUALS. AND THEY JUST KEEP DOING IT. NO REGARDS FOR RESPECT.
#68892 by Bellatrix Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:28 am
TheCen wrote:Lots of text

That is weird, we tried to close the BHE instance, several of us, noone succeded, I even joined BHE for a short time to try to warp there and fix but did not manage... And their clan instance was broken for over 1 week, with noone in it.

All normal instances and clans should now auto reset after some time, so the issue we had some weeks back several broken instances and people stuck should be resolved now with some time by itself. But this BHE clan thing was broken for long, but should be fixed now.

#68897 by AC-Archangel Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:43 pm
bolbi wrote:...
I'll mention that I've recently been going though all the posts in the "News & Announcements" section as of late, and I must say the community seemed alot more positive a few years back. (I'm still yet to find a point where it takes a turn for the worse.)

I think it depends on the person, for me i slowly became less patient until the incident with tac fed just made me give up on the game, he got demodded and people who shouldnt be mods got modded/kept their mod positions.

Bellatrix wrote:
AC-Archangel wrote:Your a little orange for a dev...

Forgot to post with my alt, Magnus...

Now that jokes are out, the idea here is post more about the background changes, if the player base decides that they do not want it, we will stop.

Oh belive me i like that the devs fix things, its just that it feels like they are becoming more distant from the community, i once looked through a few old news topics myself, they used to do more on the forum. Talked more with players etc.

Odd my quote buttons dont work....

traf edit: you had BBCode disabled :)

When the game dies remember to say sorry you didnt listen to me magnus.

http://rainmercs.freeforums.org/index.php
#68902 by Bellatrix Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:44 pm
AC-Archangel wrote:text text text

I think most us can agree that we would like the devs to be more active. I cant force them to be more active when they don't have time or don't want to. But I can do what I can to connect them and the community to what they do.

#68907 by bolbi Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:00 pm
Bellatrix wrote:I think most us can agree that we would like the devs to be more active. I cant force them to be more active when they don't have time or don't want to. But I can do what I can to connect them and the community to what they do.

And that's why your signature fits so well :mrgreen:

@Arch I'm talking like 4-5 years back at the moment, also I'm just saying that the forums in particular didn't have the screaming community that we have now. Instead of pointing to every small detail that is messed up, people were just happy that stuff was being done. And I realize that's a bit different now as we have many more people on the forums, I just was saying that it is so refreshing to know that the community at one time seemed very pleasant, and not hostile to every little mistake.

" 'Whatever you want people to do for you, do the same for them.'
(International Standard Version, Luke 6.31)"
#68916 by Bellatrix Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:00 pm
bolbi wrote:
Bellatrix wrote:I think most us can agree that we would like the devs to be more active. I cant force them to be more active when they don't have time or don't want to. But I can do what I can to connect them and the community to what they do.

And that's why your signature fits so well :mrgreen:

@Arch I'm talking like 4-5 years back at the moment, also I'm just saying that the forums in particular didn't have the screaming community that we have now. Instead of pointing to every small detail that is messed up, people were just happy that stuff was being done. And I realize that's a bit different now as we have many more people on the forums, I just was saying that it is so refreshing to know that the community at one time seemed very pleasant, and not hostile to every little mistake.

Lol acutally my signature is related to my name, name of star, and a little hybris to make people think I'm all about myself :) Or maybe I am :) But thank you

#68924 by AC-Archangel Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:41 pm
Bellatrix wrote:
AC-Archangel wrote:I don't feel like reading.

Part of the problem is the fact that they are like less than half a real dev team for ONE game working on MULTIPLE projects at once.

When the game dies remember to say sorry you didnt listen to me magnus.

http://rainmercs.freeforums.org/index.php