Official announcements for AstroFlux
#66740 by Tef Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:36 pm
Hey everyone,

We just released a new version with some more network debugging and reduced bandwidth usage. This will mainly improve the situation between allied NPC's and Nexars in the Fulzar system, where NPC's happened to get stuck between two state changes due to not ignoring invisible enemies.

We will continue to work on the rebalance and final boss for Vorsran.

Cheers!
#66744 by TheSorrow Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:22 pm
Probably meant to be bosses. Go look at the textures, there are three ;)

Shade
#66745 by TheSupreme Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:33 pm
TheSorrow wrote:Probably meant to be bosses. Go look at the textures, there are three ;)

Yes, but "Final"??

Discord ID
TheSupreme#4703
#66746 by Tef Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:36 pm
TheSupreme wrote:
TheSorrow wrote:Probably meant to be bosses. Go look at the textures, there are three ;)

Yes, but "Final"??

For Vorsran
#66752 by BrianN Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:38 pm
SQUEEEE!!!! That means they are making a new system!!! :lol:
But seriously, IDK where you are gonna stick the emperors, the center is already megaclogged as it is. The lag makes it unplayable, its a great system, but its too much of a good thing and the performance suffers because of it. Getting rid of the 2nd ring would probably have been best.

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” -Edmund Burke
#66753 by Nightsky Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:44 pm
I have to agree with BrianN there. Vorsran sure is an interesting system that uses many unique mechanics but it's simply unplayable. Maybe the emperors finally need more players to get killed and not solo'd. This would bring some Cooperative gameplay again which we used to have back then.

So far i feel a good change in the network. No lags so far and i'm logged in for a half hour already, usually a half hour was enough to experience at least one lagspike^^

Can I advertise my game in this forum? Others are allowed as well!
#66762 by I_Am_Jarvis Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:48 pm
Nightsky wrote:I have to agree with BrianN there. Vorsran sure is an interesting system that uses many unique mechanics but it's simply unplayable. Maybe the emperors finally need more players to get killed and not solo'd. This would bring some Cooperative gameplay again which we used to have back then.

So far i feel a good change in the network. No lags so far and i'm logged in for a half hour already, usually a half hour was enough to experience at least one lagspike^^

Pretty sure that's why there's THREE of them... Just saying... I'd suggest 95% all resistance, high armor and regeneration, and DPS that makes the Nexar Commander look more like the Vanguards.With all that, I'm pretty sure there'd HAVE to be AT LEAST two or more to take them down. One to tank/deal damage, the rest to debuff resistance, regeneration, etc.

Many a day, I go through mental debates:
Is there any exception to the 3-Ates?
"Tolerate, Compensate, Mediate."
Alas there is none, they are so great.
Perhaps you can try, but only your best.
For every time, these shall pass the test.
-E. Jarvis
#66772 by TheScrub Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:53 pm
:o So excited for new emperors! :o

Our determination is based on our will to survive.

Never.
Give.
Up.
#66780 by Jesright73 Sat Dec 10, 2016 4:17 am
Well, this is a surprise! The level-up bug has been fixed! YAY! Good job devs. :D

in regards to lag and latency, i have not noticed much difference, elite blades still bounce around like yo-yos, with elastic phase cutters.

i posted about explorer being bugged, but went back to normal after warping out of kritilian. that instance of krit must have been bugged
#66817 by TheScrub Sat Dec 10, 2016 4:55 pm
Was the month of November pvp forgotten?

Our determination is based on our will to survive.

Never.
Give.
Up.
#66847 by Jesright73 Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:13 pm
The "new weapon resetting all weapons to level 0 until landed" bug is still happening.
#67141 by boogerrito Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:49 am
Tef wrote:
Scrublord wrote:Was the month of November pvp forgotten?

I believe Kumo told everyone there would be no reward for November, October was the last month with the old system.

http://forum.astroflux.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=11404

Hm, that wasn't really clear. We all played that month as though there were still flux on the line, and it was one of the most competitive months I've played. Thanks for clearing it up, though some of us would still like the rewards.

Swole of Body
Swole of Spirit
Swole of Mind
How to PvP