Official announcements for AstroFlux
#66677 by AC-Archangel Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:46 am
Nightsky wrote:There are so many other problems to fix but the devs decide to add a new ship, of course with a weapon that will definitely not going to become OP on other ships, because heck, blade isn't overpowered either with long range weapons as a melee-ship, right? No comment. Emperors should have been added WITH vorsran, not years after and i'm certainly afraid how long it will take until we get the next system... between cynapsian and fulzar it took 1 year, between fulzar and vorsran it took 1,5 years... The next one will take 2 years? I already stopped paying up for the game, players with a functional brain should do the same.

Seriously. You should start understanding my point. People grow impatient here, me included.

+1

When the game dies remember to say sorry you didnt listen to me magnus.

http://rainmercs.freeforums.org/index.php
#66682 by TheSupreme Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:51 am
Nightsky wrote:There are so many other problems to fix but the devs decide to add a new ship, of course with a weapon that will definitely not going to become OP on other ships, because heck, blade isn't overpowered either with long range weapons as a melee-ship, right? No comment. Emperors should have been added WITH vorsran, not years after and i'm certainly afraid how long it will take until we get the next system... between cynapsian and fulzar it took 1 year, between fulzar and vorsran it took 1,5 years... The next one will take 2 years? I already stopped paying up for the game, players with a functional brain should do the same.

Seriously. You should start understanding my point. People grow impatient here, me included.

Nightsky why do you post at least one ship suggestion into the suggestions forum each month if you're going to make negative posts like this when new ships are added?

Phaseblade is not a long ranged melee weapons, it's actually one of the shorter ones!

Seriously, give the devs a break! The issues you keep clinging onto are pretty much dealt with. Sure, more have appeared recently but the developers are taking care of them. The game is now more balanced than it ever was. Steel farming is faster than it ever was. Grouping now credits a generous amount of Exp. The developers are fixing things! They are also adding new content to keep it interesting! :)

Discord ID
TheSupreme#4703
#66704 by TheScrub Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:14 pm
Bellatrix wrote:
boogerrito wrote:
Jpsi wrote:Those red traps are looking good. Pity I don't have enough flux at the moment.

Speaking of not having flux, Kumo, where's the PvP list for November?

You will only get a skull, it will be invisible for now :)

Wha??

Our determination is based on our will to survive.

Never.
Give.
Up.
#66712 by Fnord Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:57 pm
It sounds like a ship designed to take out blobs and exe.. anybody who already bought it want to share some insights? - like ET of the weaps?
#66718 by ElectromanJW Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:55 pm
Supreme, what new interesting stuff have they added? Balance patches, new ships PVP? balance patches aren't new stuff, they are fixing old stuff, new ships are just more flux, and not everyone enjoys PVP, I think they should add more story, and a new galaxy, possibly new Gellan, but definitely new Rapir.
#66726 by I_Am_Jarvis Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:48 pm
Got a look at how it works from someone else using it. With the exception of not knowing the exact damage counts, I must say it seems pretty well balanced with the price. It does bug me, though, that the durability of it doesn't exactly match the appearance of the ship... I don't know, I just don't see a ship that's skinny like that having that kind of durability. Maybe enlarge the arms so that they go further back a bit? I don't know.. That's just me, I guess.

Many a day, I go through mental debates:
Is there any exception to the 3-Ates?
"Tolerate, Compensate, Mediate."
Alas there is none, they are so great.
Perhaps you can try, but only your best.
For every time, these shall pass the test.
-E. Jarvis
#66736 by TheKrazyKangaroo Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:08 am
ElectromanJW wrote:Supreme, what new interesting stuff have they added? Balance patches, new ships PVP? balance patches aren't new stuff, they are fixing old stuff, new ships are just more flux, and not everyone enjoys PVP, I think they should add more story, and a new galaxy, possibly new Gellan, but definitely new Rapir.

No new stuff for now. What they need to do is fix the current stuff (which includes the 3 Emperors, lag and iridium and plasma farming). If they were going to add more stuff, I think more story would definitely be most beneficial to the game. Once you've done all the missions, you know the whole story so the game becomes boring but if there's more story, you'll want to keep playing to find out what happens. I also think the devs should create a short story film for the destruction of azuron which will make noobs have a good look on this game from the start.

#66755 by DevNull Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:35 pm
I got the ship the day it was released and its a fun ship and yes I could see it wasting blobs if you can get a good build on it. The weapon electrocute seems to be a isnta high damage weapon. Since blobs can latch onto you that weapon would be ideal. The ET i used was attack speed and thats the only one that raises the damage DD ET doesnt really don much. 2.5 million damage on mine its a pretty durable ship. Twin Phasers is like a toned down Judi lightning and the Plasma Traps are fun as hell but makes others complain too much LOL who cares right?

1.4 million damage on those. I copied hellflames lwg judi beam, beamer VT spheres and some other weapons. I will go back to it as I was seeing how easy Corro Vindis are having it.

Oh and you may want to take a look at spores they are a little over the top.

LOL

I dont have many friends, I just know alot of people
#66759 by AC-Archangel Fri Dec 09, 2016 4:22 pm
TheSupreme wrote:Seriously, give the devs a break! The issues you keep clinging onto are pretty much dealt with. Sure, more have appeared recently but the developers are taking care of them. The game is now more balanced than it ever was. Steel farming is faster than it ever was. Grouping now credits a generous amount of Exp. The developers are fixing things! They are also adding new content to keep it interesting! :)

Ahem:

There are still 8 pages of bugs left that need fixing.
We arent posting these posts on a xenforo forum.(you know we both want this.)
The suggestions section hasnt been read through and commented on by the devs.
We still use atari level playerio servers.
The moderators whove quit this game long ago havent been demodded.
The ingame tooltips on pvp ques are out of date.
New issue: how does anyone other than endgame players like you and me get plasma fluids?
Do we need more mods?(Not an issue, more of a question.)
The game despite the recent changes to grouping is still best played solo because of stuff like regius and w/e.
Coop despite its description no longer gives the best arts in the game, it could use a buff and some fulzar enemies imo...either that or update the description.

That list is just off the top of my head. It's great that they are fixing thngs, but probably 2 years or more overdue.

#67294 by Fnord Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:17 am
So, sweet angel, in your point of view, that stuff is 2 years overdue and now you gonna whine for the next 10 years and rant about it whenever a step into the right direction is made? That's really a great way to celebrate success and support the cause...

- Hey, we have a new ship, its awesome and still pretty balanced...
- Meh, but that tooltip is wrong!
*facepalm*

Some of your points are very valid in my opinion (servers) but it really gets me angry when they are posted like that in the wrong place instead of appreciating the good work.
#67318 by SlikeyTre Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:02 pm
Gotta agree with arch, I quit playing when I realized plasma farm was almost non existent. As for those who feel the need to give praise to the devs and look down upon anyone taking less than your views please stop... The majority of those upset aren't upset because the game is bad or they hate them... We expect more and when you spend money and feel like the product your supporting isn't being supported by those making said product you vent more. Personally I feel like for as much as the devs like to put pricetags on things they don't do enough to support their game. They ask for money for things that should be quest rewards or story unlocks or straight up features. So yes I expect way more than I have seen in the past few months and I'm disappointed that something as simple as plasma farming can't be noticed and fixed in under a week. I'm upset that I put some well thought out suggestions into the suggestion forum and hear only players read them... PvP system rework could have takin alot from the suggestions from others there... End rant
#67326 by AC-Archangel Sun Dec 18, 2016 11:26 pm
Pretty much covers how i feel silky, i mean i'm glad these newer ships look cleaner than the astrofalcon i had to start with, some people have been patient, and excused the devs bc yknow they have lives, and needed to take full time jobs to keep the servers running, etc. for longer than ive been olaying., but after a while you cant excuse it.

Dont mistake me however, im super glad the pace of new content has increased, some of you newer guys dont know this but weve had to go a month or more with no new updates. We had to wait a year from the time vorsran was put on the warp map until we could get in.

Reason for edit 1: spelling correction.

#67345 by Bellatrix Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:09 am
It's ok to be upset, what ever you reason is, but there is a place to put these types of things and a place where not to put them. This thread is a place where they should not be put in...

If you yell at all the meeting that you want more, at the end, no one will want to show up to those meetings...

Bellatrix, the shining star of Astroflux
#67373 by TheKrazyKangaroo Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:20 pm
Bellatrix wrote:It's ok to be upset, what ever you reason is, but there is a place to put these types of things and a place where not to put them. This thread is a place where they should not be put in...

If you yell at all the meeting that you want more, at the end, no one will want to show up to those meetings...

You write, this thread is not a place to put these things, to be honest, there is no-where to put these things and there's no-one to listen.
Of course, people would not come to a meeting where you're yelling but it's hard to draw people away from a meeting by yelling if no-one ever turns up to those meetings in the first place.

#67378 by AC-Archangel Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:13 pm
Apologies, that list was meant to be a retort to TheSupreme's seeming attitude that reminded me of an ostrich with its head in the sand, but yeah we did get off topicsh, speaking of new ships, I really hope those stupid kinetic mines can be novad and only do 1/4th damage when they are released.