Official announcements for AstroFlux
#66288 by Tef Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:13 am
Hi everyone!

We have now launched the PvP update with the following changes. We believe this will lead to more participation in PvP and more matches played.

Changes:
- Up to 500 players will receive a Flux reward.
- We have removed negative rating points.

Rewards:
1. 1000 Flux
2. 800 Flux
3. 600 Flux
4-10. 400 Flux
11-50. 300 Flux
51-100. 250 Flux
101-150. 200 Flux
151-250. 150 Flux
250-500. 100 Flux

Requirements:
You need more than 1000 rating points to qualify for any rewards.

Rating:
Reward per game: 0-50 points

Domination (dom):
Winning a match: 25 points
Base capture: 10 points
Defending a base: 10 points
No deaths: 3 points
3 killing sprees: 3 points
10 killing sprees: 3 points
Prevention of killing spree: 3 points

Death Match (dm):
First place: 30 points
Second place: 25 points
Third place: 20 points
No deaths: 10 points
3 killing sprees: 5 points
10 killing sprees: 5 points

Penalties:
Leaving the game: -50 points
Being afk: -50 points

Other Changes:
- Nexar bombs were missing a detonate other explosives trigger.

Future Stuff:
- Three new player ships.
- Vorsran balance patch.
- Three Emperors.
#66289 by dergrosseHeld Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:27 am
i like the new pvp changes :D and the lowered/increased rewards (the spread is nice!)

Please implement Engineer B2!
#66291 by Bellatrix Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:09 am
Hi there seems to be a bug with point system:

I won a dm today, I got a total of 12 points, I had two killing sprees, got killed once...

I look forward to the new ships,

Could you expand on the whole vosran balance thing?

Three emperors!!! Wup wup!!

Bellatrix, the shining star of Astroflux
#66294 by Tef Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:48 am
Bellatrix wrote:Hi there seems to be a bug with point system:

I won a dm today, I got a total of 12 points, I had two killing sprees, got killed once...

I look forward to the new ships,

Could you expand on the whole vosran balance thing?

Three emperors!!! Wup wup!!

I will notify Kumo and we will try whatever is causing the bugs. Though you will only get 5 points after doing more than 3 killing sprees, and then another 5 points after 10 killing sprees.

Edit: You might have played before the new patch was actually released.
#66296 by Tef Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:58 am
We released the patch with reset yesterday and the new scoring at around 9.10 am swedish time this morning. But we are monitoring the situation and will fix any bugs that come up.
#66302 by TheScrub Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:29 pm
Tef wrote:Hi everyone!

We have now launched the PvP update with the following changes. We believe this will lead to more participation in PvP and more matches played.

Changes:
- Up to 500 players will receive a Flux reward.
- We have removed negative rating points.

Rewards:
1. 1000 Flux
2. 800 Flux
3. 600 Flux
4-10. 400 Flux
11-50. 300 Flux
51-100. 250 Flux
101-150. 200 Flux
151-250. 150 Flux
250-500. 100 Flux

Requirements:
You need more than 1000 rating points to qualify for any rewards.

Rating:
Reward per game: 0-50 points

Domination (dom):
Winning a match: 25 points
Base capture: 10 points
Defending a base: 10 points
No deaths: 3 points
3 killing sprees: 3 points
10 killing sprees: 3 points

Death Match (dm):
First place: 30 points
Second place: 25 points
Third place: 20 points
No deaths: 10 points
3 killing sprees: 5 points
10 killing sprees: 5 points

Penalties:
Leaving the game: -50 points
Being afk: -50 points

Other Changes:
- Nexar bombs were missing a detonate other explosives trigger.

Future Stuff:
- Vorsran balance patch.
- Three Emperors.

Three new emperors....YAAS

Our determination is based on our will to survive.

Never.
Give.
Up.
#66303 by TheSupreme Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:33 pm
My feedback.

DM and DOM rewards are way too low.
Monthly PvP reward for top players is too low.

This is no longer a competition of strength but a competition of who can queue the most.

Discord ID
TheSupreme#4703
#66305 by Jpsi Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:36 pm
Tef wrote:Future Stuff:
- Vorsran balance patch.
- Three Emperors.

Yeah 8-)

TheSupreme wrote:This is no longer a competition of strength but a competition of who can queue the most.

This is true, but every system has its drawback. I accept the fact that I will be pulled out the top 10 because of this change, but at least pvp will be more for fun and less stressfull (with this "bad-team-dom" events).

Maybe a solution could be think of, to ponderate the number of points you gain by the number of match you are playing (or something like that). Or just make a ranking based on the individual ratio win/lose for dom and dm (maybe apart ?), per month.

#66307 by TheScythe Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:25 pm
Simplest solution would be to just base it on individual performance. Winning a dom gives you 25 easy points, a win should count as 10. For a dm it should be 2x kills-deaths. That way if you aren't good enough, you still can make it - but it will take longer

TheDepraved
#66319 by DaGGerz Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:44 pm
Simple;

Add a "winning streak" multiplier which gets you increasingly higher amount of points for winning streaks. Players that played the most will likely keep breaking their streaks while good/Lucky players will likely keep their streaks.

Increase points at a rate of (1.0 + 0.3 x win streak) x base points.

#66322 by BrianN Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:05 pm
I had a long reply typed out but was then bumped out, but basically
The no losing points things means that skill matters even less now...playing more is all that matters
Getting disconnected by your lousy servers costs me points now? Awesome

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” -Edmund Burke
#66363 by Nightsky Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:28 pm
One part complains about how the new PvP-System doesn't work out for them, another part complains about the low rewards, and just another part started complaining about players who already have above 1400 score.

And i'm just sitting here and enjoy the show and watch slowly how the PvP-System breaks. Servers lag like hell, PvE is still boring but of course, it's essential that PvP is up-to-date :lol: And i'm also getting the feeling that PvP isn't about fun anymore but actually taken seriously.

Well, i give this game seriously one more year, possibly 2. As negative as it sounds but i see no future here. Vorsran was released one year ago, now we finally and hopefully soon get the emperors. It's about time. 3 new ships that are probably broken. Vorsran tweak? In what way? You can't circle zhersis anymore because he permanently lays bombs now? :lol: Would be a great patch to be honest here.

Oh well, let's see what we get.

#66365 by BrianN Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:44 pm
Why are you complaining? At least you can farm vors; I haven't been able to farm ANY vors elites for MONTHS. And its not like its my ISP, ive tried a completely different computer and ISP, and it still lags to heck. You may wonder whats been up my bum lately, well its because I haven't been able to play for months.

FIX YER FRAKKIN SERVERS!!!!!

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” -Edmund Burke